Junior Suite

Is a Junior Suite worth the extra cost over a balcony cabin?

Welcome to CC. Looks like you are asking plenty of questions and that means you are off to a great start.

We book a JS anytime the price is less than $100/day over the balcony. We enjoy the large sitting area and on Voyager class the walk in closet. The floor plans are pretty much the same although they change shape between the hump, aft, and sometimes the deck.

On another subject.......you didn't mention the ship or class so it's hard to look up the actual situation you are looking at. One thing you should do (IMHO) is find the thread for your cruise.

Here is the link to all the RCI ships. From there you can find your ship and then using the thread finder you can join the specific thread for your cruise (if there is one). If not then you can start a thread of your own.

Each ship has this link right below the ship:

Enjoy! :)

You have more room in your cabin and on the balcony, you have a bathtub and shower combo instead of just the shower, and if you are a Crown and Anchor member, you get double points.

Is it worth the extra money, that would be up to you. My wife and I have always done a balcony and have had a center hump balcony, a corner aft balcony and a aft JS balcony. Yes, the JS was nicer because of extra room and the double points, but to me a regular balcony is just as nice.

It depends on how much difference there is in the price. JS offers more room, a bathtub instead of just a shower, a walk-in closet on most ships, and double C&A points. Only you can decide whether those extras are worth the additional charge. Weigh all the factors and you should be able to make an informed decision.

We've found for our family the JS is definitely worth the $$. Having small kids the bathtub is amazing.

You get double points, but no suite perks, however the deposit on a JS is the same as a regualr balcony room.

We definitely enjoy the added room - but the biggest draw is the added storage space.

Is this your first cruise? I ask only because the room sizes are a bit shocking the first time around. A regular balcony is about half a normal hotel room size and the bathroom is really tough (unless you have been in really tight quarters before). A JS is about the size of a crappy hotel room on land. This upcoming cruise will be our first time in a JS and we are very excited! Oh and once you pick a cruise. Suggest your meet and mingle group do a "cabin crawl". In a cabin crawl you get to go around and enter all sorts of varieties of cabins and see their size. We were perfectly happy with our standard balcony until we saw a JS last year and finally understood what we were missing and booked one for this year! So second thought, don't do a cabin crawl! ;)

In all of our cruises we have only been in a JS once and that was only because we found a great deal. If you have 2 people and will be "out and about" on the ship I wouldn't pay too much more for it. If you have more than 2 or anticipate spending more time in your cabin, look at the price.

Whether or not it is worth it has so many variables associated with it. Only you can decide, however a little more info on your situation and I am sure people on here can help with what might or might not make it worth it for you.

We find the Cat D balcony rooms large enough that we do not get Jr Suites on RCCL. When we sail on Princess, we do take a mini-suite because their regular balcony cabins are a bit small.

The extra room in a Jr Suite and the Tub instead of a shower is nice, but not worth the extra money for us. I know you get double cruise points for a Jr Suite, but I've never been one to spend extra money just for rewards!

y'all are so helpful here!

I guess the wife booked us on the 6th floor in a balcony on the Freedom of the Seas. It's back close to the very aft part of the ship. I can't believe we got it for over $200 less than the price is today. She put a hold on it last night, I guess.

Boy those prices jump around a lot! Is the 6th floor an ok one? Hope so!;)

Hard to say what is “worth it” not knowing your finances or budget. The JS cabins are nice, but we find that for the two of us – a standard balcony cabin is generally sufficient. The difference in price is variable.

Enjoy

M

Totally agree with you. Our first JS was given to us. It was very nice having the extra room and larger balcony. Our following cruise we booked one.

For us it really wasn't worth the extra $$$$ we paid, ... and we are in our cabin and on our balcony quite a bit.

The balcony cabin is just fine for the 2 of us, ... now if there were even 1 more person in the cabin, the JS would be the way to go, for us.

:cool:

Is a Junior Suite worth the extra cost over a balcony cabin?

Check out stills and videos FOS 9334 Junior Suite, front hump. Not all ships JS are the same. This one has a tub, walk in closet, but can only accommodate 2 - 2 pullout sofa.

https://rcclfreedomoftheseas9334.shutterfly.com/pictures/8