shareholder benefit

ghstudio

If the only perk from Celebrity is the one category upgrade offered to most captain's club members, will they still give me the stockholder benefit?

I do not believe it is considered a perk. I did an on board booking with the 123 Promo in January and also the one category upgrade.

yes they will let you have both with the room upgrade, but that is it.

I find that I can't use my benefit more than I can use it. :(

I still hang on to the stock and use it for TA and longer Cruise tours.

Last year I was able to get $250 for a 14n TA and still was able to keep a $75 ship board cr from the Traval Agent too with RCCL?

But this year could not get Celebrity to use the current cc coupon for Alaska or any promo going on while using the shareholders benefit.

So I stuck to our lower price( I booked before the 1 2 3 prices went up) and the share holders, 200$ cr.

This Spring on Connie, I could not use it with the 1 2 3 either so stuck

to the 1 2 3, it was a short 5 days trip and the drink packages were better deal for us and the travel agent paid for tips too.

So you have to pick and choose what is the best deal.

Hope that helps!

I do not believe it is considered a perk. I did an on board booking with the 123 Promo in January and also the one category upgrade.

Are you sure, We are talking about Stockholders benefits.

I play the game pretty well on finding the best way to get the best benefits before i book.

We just got off the Connie and I was told a Flat no on using my shareholders stock benefit while using my on board booking and the 123 promo we had going on.

I too have been told no with RCCL on using the on board booking with the shareholder with them.

Love to know if you are told something different.

We were also told a flat no because we booked our cruise on board and had the $300 OBC. With the shares being quite high right now, we're wondering if it is time to unload them. They seem to be useless these days in terms of getting the OBC.

We were also told a flat no because we booked our cruise on board and had the $300 OBC. With the shares being quite high right now, we're wondering if it is time to unload them. They seem to be useless these days in terms of getting the OBC.

Agreed,

It is harder to use them than worth keeping it seems, but you only have to have 100 shares and it is a dividen paying stock. I am still working so I have them in my 401K so it easy not to think my money not tied up so to speak.

I play the game pretty well on finding the best way to get the best benefits before i book.

We just got off the Connie and I was told a Flat no on using my shareholders stock benefit while using my on board booking and the 123 promo we had going on.

I too have been told no with RCCL on using the on board booking with the shareholder with them.

Why don't you try and submit the form for Shareholder Benefits and see what happens. Then you'll know for sure.

It is very difficult to use them now. However, the stock shoul dbe bought for an investment, not for the OBC perk. It is paying a dividend very near 2% right now, and if you bought a while ago, you are doing exceptionally well on your investment. I purcheased several years ago, and am very happy with what I made on the investment. Its 52 week range is $31.35 - $56.09 so a mere 100 shares purchased at $35.35 would have cost $3535.00 and now be worth, as of todays price $5,577.00. THat $2,000.00 gain plus dividends is worth much more than a $250.00 OBC.

If you book on board, you get an OBC which is combinable with one other benefit. If you select 1-2-3, then that's your other benefit....if you pick stockholder credit, then that is your other benefit. You can't combine all three.

In my case, I am getting free gratuities plus $75 from my TA, a one category upgrade from captain's club....so based on what I read here, I think I can get the stockholder benefit as well, I am not going to try to get celebrity to clarify because I'm not sure I'd believe a phone answer anyway.

I am tempted to offload as well, not that rccl will worry as small shareholders have nuisance value

We had agreed shareholder credit on an Azamara cruise in March. 12 hours before leaving for the cruise, the cruise was cancelled (the ships propellor was damaged)

Thanks to a great effort by the UK office, we managed to switch to a b2b on Celebrity sailing at the same time. I emailed asking the OBC be applied to these two trips (there were no offers on the booking) and the response was "no, requests must be made at least 14 days ahead of sail date"

They would not bend despite a follow up email pointing out the stupidity of their response

I am of the view they want to find every reason not to award the OBC and that holding the stock now it is back up might not be the best option (yes I know you should not hold stock for perks but perks sure do help

If you book onboard, well in advance of your future cruise, you are paying a top dollar price. Yes, you get an upgrade and OBC that is a little more than the OBC available through stockholder benefit, but at what COST?

If you wait to book until one week after final payment, prices usually drop, sometimes significantly, and that is where you can use the stockholder benefit. :cool:

I paid only $449pp (inside) last November for 15 nights on Reflection, and got $250 OBC on that ridiculously low price. :D

On a 15 night Silhouette cruise last year, a friend paid $699pp for a BALCONY and got the $250 OBC stockholder benefit on THAT price. :eek:

That is in ADDITION to any and all benefits from your T/A. (more OBC and/or free gratuities, specialty dining, etc)

You can go for all the slick marketing gimmicks that make you THINK you got a good deal, or you can actually GET a good deal. ;)

Edited by teecee60

an Azamara cruise in March. 12 hours before leaving for the cruise, the cruise was cancelled (the ships propellor was damaged)

Sorry to go off topic here...

But I was on Summit during this period, and one day in port, the announcements said we'd see an Azamara ship, a sister to the Celebrity line, but it never came. Was this related I wonder?

I think the port was St. Lucia (it was a charter) where we had that announcement.

I just pretty much assume shareholder credit is useless unless you have no other perk or discount offered by Celebrity.

I'd submit the email with she documentation request for sure EVERY sailing however, it only takes a minute to do. I emailed and had the approval I think within 4 days.

I booked the Eclipse TA last minute, and had no other perks apply, so emailed and got $200 OBC for the shareholder credit.

I just pretty much assume shareholder credit is useless unless you have no other perk or discount offered by Celebrity.

I'd submit the email with she documentation request for sure EVERY sailing however, it only takes a minute to do. I emailed and had the approval I think within 4 days.

I booked the Eclipse TA last minute, and had no other perks apply, so emailed and got $200 OBC for the shareholder credit.

Dito

Obviously my response was poorly written. I was just saying that I did an on boarding booking, the upgrade, and the 123 Promo. I did not do the shareholder credit. I meant to say that the upgrade was not a "perk" and I would not think that it would limit the ability to add a Perk like the 123 Promo or shareholder credit. This was before the recent change adding the 123 promo to all on board bookings.

My example may have not been valid. The bottom line is that I do not think the upgrade prevents the use of another special offer. But only one and not two.

Like I stated I think you should be able to get the CC upgrade as well.

If you book on board, you get an OBC which is combinable with one other benefit. If you select 1-2-3, then that's your other benefit....if you pick stockholder credit, then that is your other benefit. You can't combine all three.

In my case, I am getting free gratuities plus $75 from my TA, a one category upgrade from captain's club....so based on what I read here, I think I can get the stockholder benefit as well, I am not going to try to get celebrity to clarify because I'm not sure I'd believe a phone answer anyway.

While the On board booking allows you to combine with one other Celebrity perk I believe it's the restriction on the Stock Holder Credit which doesn't allow it it be combined with another Celebrity perk.

From the FAQ on the investors site

Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off/wave” promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings, certain price programs or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel agent rate. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer.

From the FAQ on the investors site

Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off/wave” promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings, certain price programs or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel agent rate. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer.

Yup....that's exactly the section that worries me because it leaves too many things to be guessed at. Isn't the captain's club upgrade a general loyalty offer???

• 3 weeks later...

After reading this and other threads, I put off applying for the shareholder benefit on our upcoming 8-night May cruise which was booked with a large residents' discount. I finally applied for the OBC on Wednesday and received word today that $100 had been applied to our account. :D

Sorry to go off topic here...

But I was on Summit during this period, and one day in port, the announcements said we'd see an Azamara ship, a sister to the Celebrity line, but it never came. Was this related I wonder?

I think the port was St. Lucia (it was a charter) where we had that announcement.

Azamara Journey is the ship that sustained propeller damage--caused by a piece of steel cabling--while entering Tokyo Bay on 25 February [17 February sailing from Hong Kong to Shanghai]... That cruise was terminated two days early in Osaka... Journey's subsequent sailing--3 March--was cancelled as the ship needed to be taken to a dry dock in South Korea for repair; she returned to service on 17 March out of Hong Kong as scheduled...

During early March, Azamara Quest did a crossing to Miami which included some ports in the Caribbean followed by a twelve night itinerary to the West Indies--16 March; round-trip Miami--and, at the end of the month, started several Panama Canal cruises...

I suspect that you missed seeing Quest--while you were aboard Summit--merely as a matter of routing changes...

After reading this and other threads, I put off applying for the shareholder benefit on our upcoming 8-night May cruise which was booked with a large residents' discount. I finally applied for the OBC on Wednesday and received word today that $100 had been applied to our account. :D

Congratulations. You should always apply for the benefit...let rcl decide if it applies or not. They aren't all that consistent and you never know....

If your free gratuities are from Celebrity, it is a perk not combinable with Shareholder Credit. If it from your TA, it is combinable.

If your free gratuities are from Celebrity, it is a perk not combinable with Shareholder Credit. If it from your TA, it is combinable.

It's not that simple and it's not consistent. Don't try to figure it out...just apply for the benefit for every cruise.

It's not that simple and it's not consistent. Don't try to figure it out...just apply for the benefit for every cruise.

Great advice, the staff make many clerical errors and sometimes let things pass or don't know any better. Worst they can do is say NO. :)