New Suite perks

kitty9

We're on Equinox today and they started some of the new suite perks today. Michaels Club is now a dedicated suite lounge, for Celebrity Suites and higher. There is also a concierge dedicated to those suite guests.

We're on Equinox today and they started some of the new suite perks today. Michaels Club is now a dedicated suite lounge, for Celebrity Suites and higher. There is also a concierge dedicated to those suite guests.

Are you booked in a suite for this cruise? IF SO, I think there would be people interested to hear your thoughts on the new perks.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

I'm kind of curious how many folks actually use the room. We were on the infinity and it seemed that most of the folks who could use michael's private room opted to join the elite cocktail hour because the enjoyed the company. I saw very little use.....so I'm curious if usage has picked up or if it's kind of a nice to have, but not worth a great deal.

I'm curious to see what else has started as my wife and I will be in a Royal Suite on the Silhouette starting Sunday. I know the concierge host has already emailed us and told us about coming to Michael's Club upon embarkation and that it will be dedicated to people in a Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite and Penthouse Suite. He also stated that the craft beers that were available in Michael's Club will now be available in the Sky Lounge.

Edited by JustinAllen

I'm curious to see what else has started as my wife and I will be in a Royal Suite on the Silhouette starting Sunday. I know the concierge host has already emailed us and told us about coming to Michael's Club upon embarkation and that it will be dedicated to people in a Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite and Penthouse Suite. He also stated that the craft beers that were available in Michael's Club will now be available in the Sky Lounge.

Craft beers available in Sky lounge is a new development, we have heard rumors that Michaels will be open in the evening to all or that the craft beers are being transferred to the wine bar.

Craft beers available in Sky lounge is a new development, we have heard rumors that Michaels will be open in the evening to all or that the craft beers are being transferred to the wine bar.

Yeah, I hadn't read that one either and it kinda surprised me. Maybe they are in the Sky Lounge in preparation of moving them somewhere else...who knows. I'll definitely confirm once onboard!

Edited by JustinAllen

Has anyone heard if Michael's Lounge has also been converted on Connie? I will be very disappointed if this has already happened as we are really looking forward to evenings in Michael's Club next week :( It's one of our favorite spots.

Has anyone heard if Michael's Lounge has also been converted on Connie? I will be very disappointed if this has already happened as we are really looking forward to evenings in Michael's Club next week :( It's one of our favorite spots.

It's not exactly a major conversion...it involves putting a sign up outside the door....and a desk inside the room. It was already in place on the infinity in February, I am reasonably sure it's now on all the ships. On the other hand, on the infinity it was only a private lounge until 7 or 8 and after that it was open to anyone. Not sure if that's continuing, but there is hope...

It's not exactly a major conversion...it involves putting a sign up outside the door....and a desk inside the room. It was already in place on the infinity in February, I am reasonably sure it's now on all the ships. On the other hand, on the infinity it was only a private lounge until 7 or 8 and after that it was open to anyone. Not sure if that's continuing, but there is hope...

I think, on the Silhouette, it's a private lounge all the time. The email I got said we would have access to this "exclusive" lounge 24/7. Morning continental breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés and cocktails every day. I wonder if all of them have been converted to that extent already or not...

On our 3/15 Reflection cruise this was also the case. We never went to Michaels Club once during the entire cruise. Concierge lounges do not interest us. We very seldom used them on RCI. On X our Butler handled our needs and we had the drink package. We were told that they are slowly rolling out some of the perks.

Edited by cruisingator2

On our 3/15 Reflection cruise this was also the case. We never went to Michaels Club once during the entire cruise. Concierge lounges do not interest us. We very seldom used them on RCI. On X our Butler handled our needs and we had the drink package. We were told that they are slowly rolling out some of the perks.

You bring up a very interesting point....what can the concierge do for you that your butler can't do.

I think, on the Silhouette, it's a private lounge all the time. The email I got said we would have access to this "exclusive" lounge 24/7. Morning continental breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés and cocktails every day. I wonder if all of them have been converted to that extent already or not...

I think that was the case on the Reflection. We had cards to get in but I really never paid attention when we walked by. We are on the EQ in about seven weeks so I will check that out.

You bring up a very interesting point....what can the concierge do for you that your butler can't do.

The butler doesn't email guests before the cruise. Last year we wanted a roll away bed for our daughter and by the time we boarded the Eclipse, none were available. On other cruise lines the concierge always makes hair-style appointments for me. Believe it or not, sometimes it is hard to get an appointment for formal nights, and you can't make those online. We also travel with many friends and the concierge also helps us with specialty dining bookings for our group. :):)

Yes the Michaels Club on Connie opened as a 24 hr VIP lounge on 3/31. We are onboard and in addition to the top level suites, Zenith members are also welcome. It is a VERY nice perk!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

What exactly is the VIP lounge we are on the Connie in a suite in 2 weeks. Just wondering what this is exactly

They have coverted the Michaels Club. Open 24/7 exclusively to Celebrity suites and above plus Zenith.

There is a full time conceirge to take care of your needs. There is a spread of food in the morning, for afternoon tea and in the evening. Drinks are whatever you want including the teas from Cafe al Bacio.

Probably not a big deal for someone in the Penthouse, but definately a big deal for Zenith members in non-suites.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Probably not a big deal for someone in the Penthouse, but definately a big deal for Zenith members in non-suites.

Don't you believe it. These someones in a PH think that it is great.

Thanks for the update. It's looking good for our cruise this November. We did not think any of the new perks would be in place by then.

Edited by Project_gal

Is where they put suite guests when you 1st board ? What time can suite guests board is it earlier than other passengers or pretty much the same time ?

Pretty much the smae time. If there are a number of people waiting to board when the ship is ready, suite guests will usually be allowed on first but they are closely followed by everyone else. In the past, often Michael's Club was available for suite guests until the rooms were ready. It seems as if, now or soon, Michael's Club will be available for Celebrity suites and above.