New Suite perks

kitty9

Pretty much the smae time. If there are a number of people waiting to board when the ship is ready, suite guests will usually be allowed on first but they are closely followed by everyone else. In the past, often Michael's Club was available for suite guests until the rooms were ready. It seems as if, now or soon, Michael's Club will be available for Celebrity suites and above.

Thanks !

The Michaels Club lounge is for Celebrity, Royal and Penthouse Suites only. No Aqua Class Suites or Sky Suites. There are beverages, canapés and the concierge. The concierge does everything that you used to have to go to guest services for, so no standing in line on deck 3. The rest of the perks will only happen in April 2015.

We're in the PH and we received a call from the Concierge four days before we left home. There was no special entrance for suites, and they were allowing anyone in the suite check in line.

Between the change in suite perks and the activity staff change around glad to see them trying new things. I'm sure some will work and some won't. I know every time I've been in a suite, I barely even used the butler, so doubt I would use the dedicated lounge, but I know to some folks they need that love that extra pampering (and have paid for it), so probably good ROI for Celebrity since the dedicated concierge can upsell many of the onboard services to the guests

Edited by johhnnyt

Great find with this thread! Couple of questions...does anyone know if these suite perks are already on Summit?

Also, when you say beverages are available in the VIP room, what kind and are they no charge?

This is the first time we will be in a suite (Celebrity Suite) - is it typical for concierge to email ahead of time to find out your special requests?

Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The concierge does everything that you used to have to go to guest services for, so no standing in line on deck 3.

Now that is a worthwhile perk! For us this ties in with the latest Celebrity marketting campaign - the part about a cruise is where you get away from everyday life and do not have to worry about anything. Just sometimes it does not work like this and you seem to spend all your time queueing at Guest Relations getting nowhere.

We're in the PH and we received a call from the Concierge four days before we left home. There was no special entrance for suites, and they were allowing anyone in the suite check in line.

It will be interesting to see if this happens for guests from the UK or anywhere else outside North America. In the past, some suite guests have received calls pre-cruise but, as far as I can tell from reports on Cruise Critic, this has never happened for guests in the UK.

We were at a ribbon cutting ceremony tonight, with the Captain, cruise director and many other hotel officers and bridge officers. It was a very nice ceremony with all beverages for no charge. And the canapés are not those run of the mill ones that you see so often. These were very high end with shrimp, salmon with caviar and other items.

I had a problem with my cabin key getting demagnitized and it was a quick trip to the lounge to have it taken care of. While there, a man came in, ordered two glasses of wine, for no charge.

Dined with the Captain this evening and had a very nice time. Captain Mike is so very personable and answered all our questions. He's leaving for the summer after the crossing, and will return in time to bring the ship back to the Caribbean.

Now that is a worthwhile perk! For us this ties in with the latest Celebrity marketting campaign - the part about a cruise is where you get away from everyday life and do not have to worry about anything. Just sometimes it does not work like this and you seem to spend all your time queueing at Guest Relations getting nowhere.

But of course the concierge will and should be looking for a fat tip at the end of the cruise, unlike Guest Services.

Just curious, is the concierge going to be the end of the butler available to suites customers? If not, the butler and the concierge sure appear to be redundant.

Edited by Oville

But of course the concierge will and should be looking for a fat tip at the end of the cruise, unlike Guest Services.

Of course.

Just curious, is the concierge going to be the end of the butler available to suites customers? If not, the butler and the concierge sure appear to be redundant.

I doubt it. On NCL, suites have access to an excellent concierge as well a butler. [incidentally, our butler on NCL was by far the best we have ever had on Celebrity, Azamara and NCL yet our concierge probably did more for us than he did.] Certainly hoping that the Celebrity suite experience will finally start to compete with NCL.

Of course.

I doubt it. On NCL, suites have access to an excellent concierge as well a butler. [incidentally, our butler on NCL was by far the best we have ever had on Celebrity, Azamara and NCL yet our concierge probably did more for us than he did.] Certainly hoping that the Celebrity suite experience will finally start to compete with NCL.

Just asked my question because in the last few days there have been so many comments about reduced staff. Someone posted that the Activities Staff on the Silly have been given 2 weeks notice they must leave the ship. Of course, I believe this is nonsense, but it does lead to ask if the new Suites Concierge makes butlers redundant. Please keep in mind Royal Caribbean has no butlers.

Edited by Oville

Just asked my question because in the last few days there have been so many comments about reduced staff. Someone posted that the Activities Staff on the Silly have been given 2 weeks notice they must leave the ship. Of course, I believe this is nonsense, but it does lead to ask if the new Suites Concierge makes butlers redundant. Please keep in mind Royal Caribbean has no butlers.

And it is one of the reasons why we would not consider Royal Caribbean.

All I can say is that, from our conversations with Celebrity shore-based staff this year, Celebrity realise that they have been falling down on their offering to suite guests and are extremely keen to address this problem. Being in the UK, in the past we have struggled with customer service but, since the beginning of the year, everything has changed and we have even been telephoned from the US a few times. Every contact this year [by email or telephone] has stressed that they recognise the type of accommodation we book and want to keep our custom.

Were on Eclipse in 2 weeks...... How does that work with the Perry Grant show every night, since this is where we understood his show was on every night?

He is now performing in a Cellar Masters

?.., but it does lead to ask if the new Suites Concierge makes butlers redundant.

I don't think they would be totally redundant. Our butler on our most recent suite room brought our dinner and breakfast each day of our cruise. I wouldn't think a concierge would do that.

So if Michael's is reserved for suite guests on Connie, can you still purchase the specialty beers at other venues (maybe cellar masters or the sky lounge)??

Beers moved to Cellar Masters.

So glad I found this thread. We are on the Equinox in a Celebrity suite in July. My husband and I have been discussing purchasing beverage packages. We didn't need one on our RCI cruise because the suites concierge lounge was a great place to stop in, grab a beer, wine, even mixed drink and soda for the kids. We aren't big drinkers, just a couple a day so this worked great. This is our first Celebrity cruise and we have been trying to find out if there is a lounge like this.

It sounds like a lot of you are very experienced on Celebrity, what are your thoughts about the similarity of this lounge compared to RCI and opinions on beverage packages?

Thank you for all the great information.