My daily dose of depression...

DavidYYC

..is the CC Celebrity forums.

"Everything is changing"

"Celebrity hates us"

"Woe is us"

"Activity, Bar, restaurant and engine room staff all gone - bring your own paddle"

Luckily I have the roll call to observe, and the Port Everglades webcam.

My first Celebrity cruise was in 1996 and my 15th on Celebrity ended two weeks ago. I had a wonderful time on every one of them. I feel so fortunate and filled with gratitude to have been able to have all these wonderful adventures. If you look for the positive, you will see it all around you wherever you are. The same thing holds true if you're looking for the negative.

I have to say that all the recent negativity HAS put a damper on my excitement about our upcoming 15 day TA. I am going to try to ignore all the negative comments about what is missing, being cut back on, eliminated and downgraded and look forward to what is offered, available, well done, tasty, amusing, entertaining and enjoyable. So there!

And, you have your bags to pack very soon!

Have a wonderful voyage! Happy Sailing!

Jimmybean

"Everything is changing"

"Celebrity hates us"

"Woe is us"

"Activity, Bar, restaurant and engine room staff all gone - bring your own paddle"

You need to be selective about the threads you read. For example, if your read the current threads about the changes being implemented for suite guests or the 2015/2016 deployment thread. A lot of happy people on those threads now.

Edited by Project_gal

"Everything is changing"

"Celebrity hates us"

"Woe is us"

I usually get depressed when I realize that others are already cruising while I'm on dry land.... CAN'T WAIT !!!

Now, if I only had the winning lottery numbers.....

Steve

I know I'm getting old when everything from years ago seems so much better than what there is today... skies were bluer, summers were warmer, politicans were more honest, everything was cheaper to buy.....

Things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. I'm just happy I'm Happy, Healthy and able to enjoy whatever life has to offer me. I also take comfort in the fact that I am cruising for the same price today as I was 10 years ago (without factoring in inflation). So, if it means some things have gotten worse but the price has stayed the same I'd say that's a good trade off.

I've been on at least one cruise each year for the past 7 years and I've enjoyed them all.. And even though the Connie (my next cruise) is apparently over run with drunks, in need of an over haul, short staffed and has no limes I'm looking forward to it and am sure I will enjoy it. :D

I usually get depressed when I realize that others are already cruising while I'm on dry land.... CAN'T WAIT !!!

Now, if I only had the winning lottery numbers.....

Steve

Ditto!!:):)

While I am saddened about changes (sea Day Brunch Buffet) which I don't need. I am still excited and fortunate to be able to cruise at all. I will always look at things with the glass half full attitude and make the best of things I can :)

As long as they still have the waffles I know your go to go :D

CC

Love this post. :D DH & I are researching cruises, so I came back to the X board to see what's going on. I was starting to get depressed about it no longer being the cruise line we once knew. It's been about 5 yrs., since we've sailed one of their ships. I just told DH they still have the fresh made waffles, so we're good. :p As long as the food is still better than other lines we've sailed, we'll be happy. Other cuts won't bother us. We'll find something to do. On a side note, I am sad to see they eliminated high tea. We always thought it was money well spent.

You need to spend some time on the Cunard part of the forum.

Everything is awful since they took the wonderful QE2 out of service and whenever there's a rumour of it moving from Dubai to the Far East the misty-eyed nostalgia goes on for weeks. If only someone would park it under Tower Bridge in London the world would be a better place.

Worse, only one of the three ships is a proper liner, the other two are mere Vista class cruise ships not worthy of the Cunard name.

The only thing that comes close is when the X almost/should be-elites get the bit between their teeth.

People just like to complain.

I am now complaining because other people are complaining. That makes me a complainer.

Still, just keep the X cruises coming, I love the food, service and entertainment.