Exclusive Suite Restaurant

CruisingChick

I/we are booked in the PH suite on the Summit this Dec, and I/we also booked a 15 Night TA for next Oct. Really when you look at the cost of the suite and divide it by the number of days. I'm paying $200.00 more per day for my Dec cruise this year than we are paying for the 15 day TA cruise next year. I'm sure it all depends on the cruise and time of year, but for us it will be cheaper per day and we will have a lot more benefits, also the TA cruises does not qualify for the 123 Go drink packages.

A number of factors determine price. It might be that the higher price you are paying this year is due to a high demand. Perhaps the itinerary is different.Perhaps you booked at the best time. I believe that what you've experienced won't be typical. Being in the PH will add to your total cruise experience. Enjoy!

Actually April of 2015.

I did find it interesting that only the Royal, PH & Reflection suites will be getting the unlimited specialty restaurants and complimentary beverage package. Each item starts at a different level. The new dining room at Sky suite, the new VIP lounge at Celebrity suite and the other benefits at Royal suite. I looked at the pricing for June 2015 and it looks like they have raised it about $200 per person per day to cover these new benefits (more than the cost of the benefits).

Looks like X is following RCI in a few areas. For the new suite restaurant on the Quantum class all suites including Junior suites have access to the suites restaurant but only those in a Grand suite and higher have access to the Concierge lounge. Now will RCI add the extra perks for Owner suites and higher to match that of X?

Edited by cruisingator2

I/we are booked in the PH suite on the Summit this Dec, and I/we also booked a 15 Night TA for next Oct. the TA cruises does not qualify for the 123 Go drink packages.

Does the Penthouse not automatically include a premium beverage package?

No need for 123. And you can always go to Michael's for any drink you want.

Or, drop the AQ designation in order to remove the Blu entitlement.

Initially they are allowed in Blu, that is in the Q@A, I suspect it will be removed in a couple of years so that those who have already booked AQ suites won't have a complaint.

Also, one other change on the web site in regards to suites. The descriptions of the suites used to state that they could eat in Blu on a space available basis. It is not there anymore, I guess we will just have to see how it plays out.

Edited by dkjretired

I/we are booked in the PH suite on the Summit this Dec, and I/we also booked a 15 Night TA for next Oct. Really when you look at the cost of the suite and divide it by the number of days. I'm paying $200.00 more per day for my Dec cruise this year than we are paying for the 15 day TA cruise next year. I'm sure it all depends on the cruise and time of year, but for us it will be cheaper per day and we will have a lot more benefits, also the TA cruises does not qualify for the 123 Go drink packages.

Historically, TA cruises, AKA repositioning cruise, is cheaper than other cruises so that is not a surprise that your December cruise is more expensive.

Historically, TA cruises, AKA repositioning cruise, is cheaper than other cruises so that is not a surprise that your December cruise is more expensive.

Thanks for this reply. I read her message a few times and thought I was reading it wrong.....

Yes PH on TA is cheap (compared to others.....) I booked mine on the upcoming TA just 3 weeks ago, for less than a Royal was selling 2 months ago :-). It was actually only about $750 more than it was on a 7 day caribbean on Reflection in November.

Does the Penthouse not automatically include a premium beverage package?

No need for 123. And you can always go to Michael's for any drink you want.

Once suite perks are officially rolled out, yes it will include premium package and mini bar access (as will Royal suites and above classes). I imagine this is one of the things they won't roll out till the official April 2015 date.

Edited by cle-guy

Also, one other change on the web site in regards to suites. The descriptions of the suites used to state that they could eat in Blu on a space available basis. It is not there anymore, I guess we will just have to see how it plays out.

I imagine the Suite only restaurant is now the suites' exclusive place, so no need to go to blu any more. Should make the BLU experience better for the Aqua passengers. :D

Looks like X is following RCI in a few areas. For the new suite restaurant on the Quantum class all suites including Junior suites have access to the suites restaurant but only those in a Grand suite and higher have access to the Concierge lounge. Now will RCI add the extra perks for Owner suites and higher to match that of X?

I've not yet Cruised RCI. What are their suite perks like now?

Do note that the new X program excludes sky suites from the new dining room (same as Jr. suits on RCI basically right?) while you noted RCIU lets them in the suite dining rooms...

Thanks for this reply. I read her message a few times and thought I was reading it wrong.....

Yes PH on TA is cheap (compared to others.....) I booked mine on the upcoming TA just 3 weeks ago, for less than a Royal was selling 2 months ago :-). It was actually only about $750 more than it was on a 7 day caribbean on Reflection in November.

I just did not have the heart to tell her that TA cruises were normally cheaper, wanted her to think she got a great deal :)

Do note that the new X program excludes sky suites from the new dining room (same as Jr. suits on RCI basically right?) while you noted RCIU lets them in the suite dining rooms...

RCI suite perks are not as nice as X. No butler, no alcohol set ups in the top suites, no specialty dining perks. The biggest perk is the use of the Concierge lounge. Of course the majority of the suites do not carry the same cost as X with the exception of the Sky and Royal Loft suites on the Oasis class.

By the way according to this link Sky suites receive the suites dining room.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=celebrity_suite_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms#&panel1-1&panel2-1&panel3-1&panel4-1&panel5-1&panel6-1&panel7-1

The Celebrity web site definitely has sky suites included in the new dining room..... Open this link, scroll down to sky suites and click on details, bottom right column.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=celebrity_suite_class#&panel1-1&panel2-2&panel3-2&panel4-2&panel5-1&panel6-2&panel7-2

Edited by dkjretired

The Celebrity web site definitely has sky suites included in the new dining room..... Open this link, scroll down to sky suites and click on details, bottom right column.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=celebrity_suite_class#&panel1-1&panel2-2&panel3-2&panel4-2&panel5-1&panel6-2&panel7-2

DOH! I was thinking about Michael's lounge. oopsie....

Something nice to know is according to that page, Royal Suites are getting grand pianos! Clearly an error on the page.....certainly not going to be the only one....! :D

At least in sterling, we have found the 2015/16 prices comparable with those for 2014/15. We already had PHs booked for a TA this November and transpacific next April/May and were really pleased with the price of the PH for a 14-night Caribbean in 2016.

I've put out a theory that come April 2015, x will got to full on select dining, having used the RCI launch of Quantum with no MDR as a test/way to see what issues may arise.....and the fact that space will be lost where select dining was if they do use the upper MDR space.....

I was on a charter on Summit last month where they didn't assigned seating times, (full ship) and I expected issues getting in the MDR, but it worked flawlessly, much like a normal restaurant seats its guests.

we'll have to wait and see about that thought......

Whether I like it or not-your theory would perfectly fit into "modern luxury".

Once suite perks are officially rolled out, yes it will include premium package and mini bar access (as will Royal suites and above classes). I imagine this is one of the things they won't roll out till the official April 2015 date.

If that was the case why go to the trouble of converting Michaels so far in advance? Why not wait until next year? I can understand that altering part of the MDR into a suite restaurant, changing galley routines etc., could take some time, but the other new "suite treats" just require systems updates and could be offered now.

If that was the case why go to the trouble of converting Michaels so far in advance? Why not wait until next year? I can understand that altering part of the MDR into a suite restaurant, changing galley routines etc., could take some time, but the other new "suite treats" just require systems updates and could be offered now.

The answer is very simple.... $$$$$$$$

The cruises that start in April of next year have had in most cases the price adjustment to cover the new perks.

No idea, all I know is the announced date is April, 2015, so getting anything sooner is nice, but not expected, seeming to coordinate with new cruise season and pricing.

If they roll out the perks like free premium drinks, free internet free specialties, they haven't adjusted the current season cruising to cover that additional cost as they have for the 15-16 season, whereas the Michaels conversion is nothing more than a sign and a concierge desk. And they seem to now have the concierge contacting suite guests in advance which is new, a nice feature.

I guess Michaels has already been closed so often for private events, they may just be tired of everyone griping its closed for special events, so they are just shutting it down except for suites to start to get folks used to it.

Also a good way to phase in a new program in steps rather than overnight. I've also read reports form people that the beers were often old and 'skunk' as they aren't really that popular on most cruises. I have never spent any time in Michaels myself except for waiting on embarkation for cabin to be ready. Hopefully the move to Cellarmasers will make the beers more popular.

If that was the case why go to the trouble of converting Michaels so far in advance? Why not wait until next year?

The conversion of the Michaels Club was announced as part of the new Captains Club changes last October. It is a new perk for Zenith as well as the high end suites. It is much easier to add a desk and a sign to convert Michaels than adding walls, tables, lighting, etc to create a new restaurant.

They will be building a new restaurant for suite passengers apparently out of a portion of top level of the dining room. Plans are that they will be completed by April of 16. Here is a the press release.

February 12, 2014

Discerning guests who desire the very best in modern luxury vacations will soon be able to indulge in Celebrity Cruises' new 'Suite Class' experience. This will be fully introduced on Celebrity's state-of-the-art ships during April 2015. With exclusive new benefits including a suites-only restaurant, VIP lounge, complimentary premium beverages, plus more, the newly launched Suite Class is designed to create the ultimate luxurious experience. Guests will enjoy incredible service from the moment they arrive with their personal butler taking care of every detail. This is the only way to travel.

From the one-of-a-kind Reflection Suite, with its jaw-dropping ocean views and unique cantilevered shower, to the stylish Sky Suites, Celebrity's exceptional Suite Class experience is designed to set the standard in modern luxury vacations around the world.

The new Suite Class will include:

Private dining - A dedicated private restaurant reserved exclusively for all Suite Class guests will be available morning, noon and night. Each meal will feature unique menus that offer sumptuous dishes not available anywhere else onboard. Guests can truly immerse themselves in the local culture with specially crafted menus inspired by the local destination, and enjoy the world's best ingredients. Memorable and inspiring dishes will be served, from locally caught seafood, to the freshest pasta. The Suite Class chef can provide a tailor-made experience to suite guests and prepare a dish to their liking, and the Cellar Master - Celebrity's head sommelier - will select from more than 450 wines to provide the perfect pairing.

Premium 'all in' benefits - Premium beverages, dining across all specialty restaurants, unlimited internet access and a private bar with water, sodas and beers will all be complimentary for guests staying in Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites.

VIP lounge - A private VIP lounge, Michael's Club, will be available to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites. A dedicated Concierge service and unique food and beverage experiences by Celebrity's James Beard-featured chef will be provided to guests.

"Our guests are accustomed to exceptional quality and service, and for those wishing to further indulge in the very best while on vacation we have launched 'Suite Class', specially designed to appeal to the most discerning vacationer,” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "We know that suite guests value privacy, personalized service, exclusive access and flexibility, and providing them with their own unique benefits, such as a dedicated restaurant with a dining experience like no other, is just another way that we are significantly elevating the guest's vacation with us."

Suite guests will also continue to enjoy a large number of benefits including:

The Celebrity 'Suite Class' welcome - Guests will receive priority check-in and embarkation

Legendary butler service - From unpacking guests' luggage to booking the best destination experiences on land, the Suite Class butler will be on hand 24 hours a day to ensure seamless, dedicated and personalized service.

The Suite Class experience will also include a daily high-end afternoon tea service served in the guest's spacious and beautifully-designed suite.

Luxurious stateroom amenities and benefits – As well as enjoying spacious suites with verandas that showcase sweeping ocean views, guests can indulge in a variety of luxury amenities including deluxe Bulgari bathroom amenities, plush robes, premium bedding and an indulgent pillow menu. A host of other extras will also be provided during the guest's vacation including reserved theater seating for all Suite Class guests.

About Celebrity Cruises:

Celebrity Cruises’ iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 11 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity is one of six cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, or call your travel agent.

After staying in Queens grill on Cunard, this should prove quite interesting. If the food & attention to detail are like the Queens Grill, Celebrity should have a real hit on it's hands.

Be curious to find out next year how the new Suite Restaurant will affect the bottom line in the Specialties.

I have been wondering about this as well. On one hand, at least in our experience, the speciality restuarants have been getting busier - especially so on our last B2B. On the other hand, again from our experience, probably about 50% of those who only eat in the speciality restaurants have been suite guests. With the Suite Restaurant combined with free speciality dining for some suite guests, it is hard to predict the effect the changes will have.

I predict that this new " area " in the MDR will allow for ordering from either menu, Blu or MDR. I doubt that Celebrity will open a new kitchen with a fresh menu. Currently they discourage or don't allow cross restaurant ordering.

It will relieve the stress suite guests put on Blu ...while allowing for a more " exclusive " suit experience.

I'm ok with it.....