No more zumba on pool deck?

ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

Not that I am aware of...my comment was just building on the idea as a topic of discussion.

Not picking on your post, but that is why I asked the questions. Someone says this or that and all of a sudden people are all upset because they think that the classes are all cancelled or that Celebrity is going to charge for them, when in fact no one knows what is happening.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Not picking on your post, but that is why I asked the questions. Someone says this or that and all of a sudden people are all upset because they think that the classes are all cancelled or that Celebrity is going to charge for them, when in fact no one knows what is happening.

Clarity in communication is one of my goals in life. And I am serious as I type this. I took no offense.

We need someone to report regarding the Zumba situation on the different ships.

Last I knew, in early April 2014, on Constellation, Zumba was led by Sofia, who had a contract to be on board (until when IDK). Morning classes on Sea Days. Afternoon classes on Sea and Port Days.

Zumba was held in the theater on our last cruise on the infinity (feb 14). the stage was full and there were folks zumbaing (is there such a word) in the aisles both downstairs and upstairs.

Do you think the weather played a part in not having pool deck Zumba?

(Zumbaing is not a word that a ZIN (member of the Zumba Instructor Network) could use. Zumba home office is very particular about the usage of the word. It is not a verb. And usually, they prefer the idea of Zumba Fitness...and not just Zumba alone.)

Do you think the weather played a part in not having pool deck Zumba?

(Zumbaing is not a word that a ZIN (member of the Zumba Instructor Network) could use. Zumba home office is very particular about the usage of the word. It is not a verb. And usually, they prefer the idea of Zumba Fitness...and not just Zumba alone.)

It was in the theater on Millie last year at this time and people were dancing in the aisles like GH said. On Eclipse TA, mostly in the lounge with one day at the pool. Most of us said it was too hot and it was moved back to the lounge. I prefer the lounge. I will see what changes there are next week on solstice and if there is a charge.

Clarity in communication is one of my goals in life. And I am serious as I type this. I took no offense.

We need someone to report regarding the Zumba situation on the different ships.

Last I knew, in early April 2014, on Constellation, Zumba was led by Sofia, who had a contract to be on board (until when IDK). Morning classes on Sea Days. Afternoon classes on Sea and Port Days.

I totally agree, but many on here just look at one word and run with it. Like someone said that there was only one trivia game each day on their cruise and even though many others said they had a lot on their current cruises, everyone gets all up in arms and saying Celebrity is cutting back on trivia games. I think it is that people just like to complain.

I wish Celebrity would come out and state if Zumba will be affected because of the recent cutbacks of activity staff or if it will be the same or if the classes will be in different venues, etc., to stop all the speculation. I'm sure some on here, who complain about the Zumba music at the pool being too loud, are jumping for joy with all the speculation.

If this helps with clarification, I participated in Zumba poolside in April 2013 at least 4 afternoons on the reflection. Last week I did not see it in the dailies except for one day and listed as intro to zumba. Proof? Not really, I didn't keep my dailies. However I wouldn't agree with you that it is just speculation either. The weather ess beautiful.

If this helps with clarification, I participated in Zumba poolside in April 2013 at least 4 afternoons on the reflection. Last week I did not see it in the dailies except for one day and listed as intro to zumba. Proof? Not really, I didn't keep my dailies. However I wouldn't agree with you that it is just speculation either. The weather ess beautiful.

Did they have it every day on your previous cruises? I know on my last cruise, it was not offered every day.

I totally agree, but many on here just look at one word and run with it. Like someone said that there was only one trivia game each day on their cruise and even though many others said they had a lot on their current cruises, everyone gets all up in arms and saying Celebrity is cutting back on trivia games. I think it is that people just like to complain.

I wish Celebrity would come out and state if Zumba will be affected because of the recent cutbacks of activity staff or if it will be the same or if the classes will be in different venues, etc., to stop all the speculation. I'm sure some on here, who complain about the Zumba music at the pool being too loud, are jumping for joy with all the speculation.

This is becoming one of my top annoyances. Celebrity is reading all these posts, yet that individual never steps in to clarify celebrity policy on anything. There are so many unanswered questions posted here...yet that individual just picks off the easy ones....never anything that has to do with policy.

It would be nice to see "celebrity" chime in here...it would be nice to see them chime in on what's in the classic drink package...it would be nice for them to clarify their policy on changing cabins after final payment...and so on.

Celebrity still doesn't understand how to use social media for anything other than marketing. Perhaps they will enter the 21st century soon....we can only hope.

This is becoming one of my top annoyances. Celebrity is reading all these posts, yet that individual never steps in to clarify celebrity policy on anything. There are so many unanswered questions posted here...yet that individual just picks off the easy ones....never anything that has to do with policy.

It would be nice to see "celebrity" chime in here...it would be nice to see them chime in on what's in the classic drink package...it would be nice for them to clarify their policy on changing cabins after final payment...and so on.

Celebrity still doesn't understand how to use social media for anything other than marketing. Perhaps they will enter the 21st century soon....we can only hope.

Only my guess on why they don't answer many of the issue addressed on here. There are so many complaints lately in the last few months about so many things (Celebrity has even posted that they wished it was a little more positive on here), that it would take a number of people to research (since I'm sure they don't have all the answers on the top of their heads) the different issues. Not to mention that if they answer one or two or three issues, everyone is going to have a questions and most will probably only relate to their personal cruise and then if Celebrity didn't answer their questions, they would then bash Celebrity even harder.

I would think if some things are a deal breaker for some, like some have said trivia is or Zumba is, then a call to Celebrity would be in order for them to find out if their favorite activity will still be happening and then they could make their decision as to whether to cruise with Celebrity or not.

On the other side, I do wish Celebrity would just address the trivia and Zumba issues, as the speculation over these two activities is unbelievable.

On my Eclipse cruise Zumba was my saving grace - after the yummy food that I was eating. I'll be extremely disappointed if I find that now I have to pay. :mad: Tell ya what - if they do then I'll bring some Zumba CDs and my laptop and I'll set it on a chair and Zumba away at the pool deck by my lonesome self - if you see me - come join in!

Was on your cruise and saw you enjoying Zumba Jane! Love your idea - knock yourself out!

You will have a crowd...

create commotion..

security will be called...

then THEY will zumba...

Happy Dance! :)

Zumba was held in the theater on our last cruise on the infinity (feb 14). the stage was full and there were folks zumbaing (is there such a word) in the aisles both downstairs and upstairs.

We were on the Infinity cruise before yours, on February 2, to Antarctica. I had seen Zumba on the pool deck on our cruises last year on the Solstice in March and October, and when I did a theater tour on the Infinity I asked why Zumba was held in the theater (it was on while we were doing the backstage tour) and was told it was inside because of the weather on this cruise. We awoke to snow on the decks on two mornings of the cruise so that was certainly understandable.

solstice, April 2014, Zumba moved into fitness center. The first few days there was an asterisk next to it indicating a fee charged. The last few days the asterisk, and the fee disappeared. No idea why for either situation

I hope the reason for the * been gone is that people refused to pay for something that was free before. I love Zumba but only participate if I think the instructor is good. On some cruises, the instructor was not as intense as I would like but in others she was fantastic. The best one for me was the one that was on Constellation in early March of this year. She was good but even for someone as good as her I would not pay. It was free before n should remain free. Oh boy I can go on and on in circles! :)

There was Zumba by the pool at least twice every day on the Equinox March 24-April 4. The instructor was awesome (I think his name was Andres).

The music was great and it got LOTS of people up and moving for some fun exercise - people who would not have otherwise done so, including myself. I would not have gone to the fitness center to do it.

I tell you, on the next drydock, each ship will have the cabin bathroom doors replaced with one that has a card key lock. You can buy the bathroom package for $11 a day....or just pay "on demand" at $5 a use. Don't worry, one use will be included in your cabin charge.

This is one of the options on Spirit Cruise Lines.

I tell you, on the next drydock, each ship will have the cabin bathroom doors replaced with one that has a card key lock. You can buy the bathroom package for $11 a day....or just pay "on demand" at $5 a use. Don't worry, one use will be included in your cabin charge.

I saw this on Spirit Cruise Line. They charged for everything. You had to pay for carry-on luggage. The Zephyr Wind Buffet was made into a specialty restaurant. And don’t get me started on Formal night!

I don't know if they have made a decision yet on removing the urinals in the men's public bathrooms. The financial folks argued that they could increase profit by installing vending machines in that area....and what was wrong with using the rail on the starboard side of deck 4. However, weighing against that persuasive financial argument, the captain's club folks insisted that they would have to install a men's urinal in the zenith/suite lounge so those key passengers wouldn't get upset by the change. Supporting that statement, someone did point out that there is now a great deal of unused space in michael's club, so carving out a little "privy" alcove would be easy.

You just never know what will happen in a drydock :)

I will be very disappointed if they start charging for Zumba - particularly since they do not run any other decent FREE exercise classes.

However, why do people keep referring, on this thread and others, about this happening since Canyon Ranch have taken over the spa. Zumba has never been run by the Spa or Fitness Centre but has always come under the Activities Team.

There was Zumba by the pool at least twice every day on the Equinox March 24-April 4. The instructor was awesome (I think his name was Andres).

The music was great and it got LOTS of people up and moving for some fun exercise - people who would not have otherwise done so, including myself. I would not have gone to the fitness center to do it.

Yes, it was Andres. He was part of the Activities staff and became a licensed Zumba teacher. He is awesome!!