Celebrity Cruises Unveils Modern Luxury Firsts Onboard Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Cruises

We have really enjoyed Cellar Masters and visited it daily on our cruises. However change sounds good since Michael's Club is now lounge for Elite and above passengers, so getting craft beers to new Gastrobar sounds really good.

Would be really nice to hear the schedule concerning other ships also.

Edited by JezzaC

Not excited about the name; however, looking forward to enjoying a good glass of wine while DH enjoys a good beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by awhfy

Greetings

Just my own 2 cents worth. Gastropubs are popping up all around south Florida. It's the new "in" term for a bar that "supposedly" serves high quality food items. So I won't get hung up over the name as long as they try to live up to the concept. I am one of the people that like Cellar Masters, not for the machines but for a glass of wine (or 3) or a nice port after dinner in a quite setting. Yes I know quite setting meant not that many people, so I understand the reason for the change. They need to better utilize the space.

The Slush idea seems to be a take on Fat Tuesdays. I wouldn't get too excited about the marketing hype of "fresh juices" and such. They fill the machines with a prepackaged mix. The drinks are tasty and I have been known to have a few whenever I am on vacation. They are certainly not low calorie. I am looking forward to testing the various flavors while relaxing around the pool.

If these changes bring more food and beverage choices for those of us traveling in steerage then I am glad to see them implemented.

Good Sailing

Tom

I'm looking forward to this new use for Cellar Masters and keeping the most popular beers from the range available on Silhouette and Reflection.

I'd love them to borrow the idea from NCL to open up the bar onto the deck for use in the right climate, the doors are already available, just only used for embarkation.

Final wish...the small plates would daily specials to reflect the region in which you are sailing.

Edited by helpthejuggler

Final wish...the small plates would daily specials to reflect the region in which you are sailing.

I heard from 2 Executive Chefs and 1 HD that that is the ultimate plan. Food will use local product and will reflect the ports of call. They tell me that the offers will change about 3 times a year. I like the idea and the Chefs appear excited about it. At least that is the plan as I understand it. Plans change and we'll just need to see how the trial goes.

I'm looking forward to trying both when I finally get on the Equinox next year.

As far as the name "Gastropub" goes I'm OK with it as I've been to a few and it denotes a pub with higher end food (ie, not your typical fish and chips). To me this will be a great addition to the ship.

Could Celebrity please let us know what the proposed hours the Gastrobar will be open? I hope it will be open in the early afternoon until late:)

Hello there,

As of now, we're planning on the Gastrobar being open from 11:30am - Midnight. Please note that this may change. Thanks!

Hello there,

As of now, we're planning on the Gastrobar being open from 11:30am - Midnight. Please note that this may change. Thanks!

Thanks very much for that additional information.

If the test run goes well, which I am sure it will, do you have any idea when the new venues will be extended to the other Celebrity ships?

Thanks so much for the work that you do here! :)

Will the food options in the Gastropub be covered for those who purchase the $29 per day Unlimited Dining Package?

I doubt it. The tapas that were available in Cellar Masters were not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. So, I doubt the new pub items will be either.

I would love to see the list of beers they are going to have…hoping Innis & Gunn is on the list, but that's a long shot…hope early cruisers after dry dock post the beer menu!

I would think it would start with what they currently have/had in Michael's Club before it switched to the VIP lounge.

Hello there,

Great news. Love the concept of the Gastropub. I am very much looking forward try it out as I love pairing beer and food.

Thank you for knowing how to please your new target audience ;)

I would think it would start with what they currently have/had in Michael's Club before it switched to the VIP lounge.

I don't know if that is a correct assumption to make. While Michael's Club had an impressive selection of bottled beer, this new concept will most likely include a selection of tap beer and bottled craft beer. There may be some overlap from the Michael's Club offerings, but I hope that a list can be obtained and shared here so we will have something tangible to look forward to. :D

I don't know if that is a correct assumption to make. While Michael's Club had an impressive selection of bottled beer, this new concept will most likely include a selection of tap beer and bottled craft beer. There may be some overlap from the Michael's Club offerings, but I hope that a list can be obtained and shared here so we will have something tangible to look forward to. :D

Keg storage and tap maintence is a pain, I dont remember the last cruise where I saw a beer tap. I dont think there will be enought time in the dry dock to do a tap install.

Keg storage and tap maintence is a pain, I dont remember the last cruise where I saw a beer tap. I dont think there will be enought time in the dry dock to do a tap install.

I agree with you on taps. The only taps I saw on Summit were in Sunset Bar and it was Amstel and another lager. Ships are the worst place to try to store true "craft" beers. Beers such as Hefeweizen or other "cloudy" beer would be too fragile with the ship's movement Other styles that might be interesting, wouldn't be consumed fast enough to keep them fresh. If they had the ones offered in Michael's I'd be pretty happy. Maybe they could mix them up a little depending on the itininerary.

I'm looking forward to both new venues and excited that I'll get a lot of time to sample them on our fall TA. It makes absolutely no difference to me what they're called, and if the product is wonderful I'll be glad to go no matter what it's called.

Thank you for sharing what is happening to Equinox. I have a question:

Will the Lawn Club Grill replace the Hot Glass Show at some point? I think that would be a great idea. I like the glass show but I'd LOVE to see the Lawn Club there even more.

I would hate that, I love the Hot Glass Show. And there are already ships with the Lawn Club. I stick to the 3 ships that have the Hot Glass Show. Why take away an option and replace it with something that already exists on other ships?