Celebrity Cruises Unveils Modern Luxury Firsts Onboard Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Cruises

I am wondering when the Gastropubs will be introduced on other X ships? I am interested in when it will be on the Eclipse.

I also want to know when it will be introduces on other ships... hope we get an answer soon.:)

Ask, and you shall receive!

---

Hi all,

Wanted to share our menu for the upcoming Gastrobar.

A few notes: This menu is not final, and may change. Additionally, you'll notice on the menu below that we have a special called, "Mixology Monday." We will have a different special each day. Thanks, and please let us know your thoughts!

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf

Thank you. Looks great. We will be trying this out in about three weeks. :)

The menu sounds lovely but am I right in thinking none of the drinks are priced low enough to be under the classic drinks package?

Maybe someone has the beer menu from Michaels and can compare choices and prices. I am assuming the prices are the same but not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes but this venue is open at 11:30 am to midnight! Great place for lunch or snacks in the aft. Michaels Club wasn't open during the day so this is a bonus:) DH is going to love these beers. Three on tap as well! Can't wait until October:D

Here's the rub: we don't drink beer, don't eat after dinner and try to have a light lunch so nothing much for us in this new venue. Especially since the wine menu is about 10% of what it was in Cellar Masters. Maybe Michaels Club will give us what we want if we are willing to pay for a suite. If not, we have other cruise lines we are looking at, including River Cruises.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Great improvement IMO. An expanded beer selection open from 11:30 AM. Much better than the limited Michael's Club hours and now the expanded beer menu will be available on all the ships. Of course I did not utilize the previous Cellar Master. Except for the dispensers I would think the wines will be available somewhere on the ship.

Celebrity, thanks for the update and improvement.

Edited by jagoffee

I think the menu is great. There have been so many times towards the end of a cruise when we have longed for simpler food and this type of menu is the sort we head towards at the end of a westbound transatlantic.

I am really not certain about the complaints about the limited wine list. I have never had a problem on Celebrity [NCL was another matter!] being served any wine or other alcoholic beverage in any bar provided it is on board. The bar staff will always collect it from wherever it is. There have been occasions where there has only been one bottle of something on board but we have been able to order it in any bar.

FYI

Hoegaarden is a Belgian beer.

Why not serve the smaller sized Belgian beers at a reasonable price ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also noticed this on the menu. Hoegaarden is a typical "witbier", not "wit beir" (sic) and is Belgian beer , not German. I can't understand why they put such mistakes on official menus. Last month on Eclipse, another Belgian beer 'Duvel", was on the beer list as "Duval".

The menu sounds lovely but am I right in thinking none of the drinks are priced low enough to be under the classic drinks package?

It seems like it. We like the Cava codorniu and the Chardonnay Benziger, which are normally included in the classic package, but apparently not in the Gastrobar.

I also noticed this on the menu. Hoegaarden is a typical "witbier"' date=' not "wit beir" (sic) and is Belgian beer , not German. I can't understand why they put such mistakes on official menus. Last month on Eclipse, another Belgian beer 'Duvel", was on the beer list as "Duval".[/quote']

:rolleyes: The Celebrity Rep clearly stated this is a preliminary menu.

Edited by emcee207

:rolleyes: The Celebrity Rep clearly stated this is a preliminary menu.

I know : "This menu is not final, and may change". But according to me this is about possible changes in the different offerings and/or prices, not changes in spelling or origin of a specific product. Btw, "Duvel" is written as "Duval" in the official menus. ;)

Another section of the original announcement mentioned this:

"...and the ship's new Internet lounge, Celebrity iLounge, in the space formerly known as Online@Celebrity."

What's the difference, and is it good, bad or "meh?"

Cheers,

Kirsten

We dont sail Equinox till Nov, so one can only imagine that there could be any number of changes tween now and den.:D

Bottom line, we have seen many changes to the cruise vacation since our 1st in 1987. If the Parent Companys had not made these changes, there are a good many of us that would not still be here. Gran Ma & Gran Pa thought it was the end of the world when there was not a horse in front of the carriage. Now look at the little things we get all wound up about.:rolleyes:

---

Hi all,

A few notes: This menu is not final, and may change. Additionally, you'll notice on the menu below that we have a special called, "Mixology Monday." We will have a different special each day. Thanks, and please let us know your thoughts!

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf

Thank You:)

That is VERY exciting for me.

I LOVE the Whispering Angel wine.

Right now it is only available in Murano and them only by the bottle.

If it were available by the glass (incl in Premium package) that would be AMAZING:)

"Celebrity Cruises" - Please do not change that menu item!!!

---

Hi all,

Question for Celebrity Cruises.

The current description of the premium beverage package says "All beers".

Is it really going to cover all of those premium beers in the Gastrobar that you have posted?

Question for Celebrity Cruises.

The current description of the premium beverage package says "All beers".

Is it really going to cover all of those premium beers in the Gastrobar that you have posted?

The package also has the price limit on 'all beers' listed. I had to pay the difference on a few last Nov on the Reflection. That is nothing new.

The package also has the price limit on 'all beers' listed. I had to pay the difference on a few last Nov on the Reflection. That is nothing new.

Agreed. I was about to say the same thing that the premium limit kicks in and you have to pay the difference. Many of these items I would try once or twice, but not drink over and over again.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

This is a copy and paste of the Celebrity description of their Premium Beverage Package from the website:

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package.

In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving.

Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

That said, I'm fine with paying the difference over $13 (or rather, my husband will be fine - he's the craft beer drinker.)

I'm mainly sad that the wine I loved in Cellarmaster's last year ( a dry red that was $13/glass and that I could only get in Cellarmasters, whose name escapes me at the moment) isn't on the list posted from the Gastrobar. :(

That said, I'm fine with paying the difference over $13 (or rather, my husband will be fine - he's the craft beer drinker.)

I'm mainly sad that the wine I loved in Cellarmaster's last year ( a dry red that was $13/glass and that I could only get in Cellarmasters, whose name escapes me at the moment) isn't on the list posted from the Gastrobar. :(

Karen this is us also!:D. FYI

My wife likes Australia Shiraz, not the wanna be from the California growers. The one she found was not stocked at the Sunset Bar where we hung out at. One of the bar tenders said give him an hour, presto there it was for the rest of the week! He and I had a very good parting handshake at the end of the week.

Ok, so I tipped, bribed, whatever;) that should not have been needed, but the wifester had a wonderful week, and that was what mattered.

ps: our Som in the MDR would not get it for her!:eek: for the 1st 3 days, we would stop at Sunset and bring it with us. Day 4 there was a bottle on the table when we arrived for dinner that evening, go figure.

EW