Prime Rib first night in Windjammer?

I know its on the MDR menu but does anyone know if prime rib is served the first night in the Windjammer? We usually dine in the MDR with MTD the first night, but on our upcoming Oasis cruise the only MTD time we could get was 6:00 which is too early especially since we just watched the Oasis leave today and it was after 5:30. Or could we just show up later (7ish) for MTD with no reservation and be seated?

I know its on the MDR menu but does anyone know if prime rib is served the first night in the Windjammer? We usually dine in the MDR with MTD the first night, but on our upcoming Oasis cruise the only MTD time we could get was 6:00 which is too early especially since we just watched the Oasis leave today and it was after 5:30. Or could we just show up later (7ish) for MTD with no reservation and be seated?

If MTD is the flexible or anytime dining , you should are able come at anytime between given hours.

If you just 'show up' for the MTD, you may have a long wait as you've already discovered by only being able to reserve for 6 pm, other diners have already snapped up the other times and tables.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was on my last cruise in Jan. For the most part everything that is in the dining room is also in the Windjammer. Some things aren't but that would be. Its pretty easy to double check if you just go up to the Windjammer when it opens just walk through and see if it has what you want. If it doesn't you can still show up later to my time dining and get what you want.

We usually have cruised just by ourselves, and have never had a long wait for a table for two. It is even quicker if you let them know that you would be willing to sit with others.

I guess I'm a little confused about the whole my time thing. Is it preferred that you make a reservation for my time? Do you stick to the same time each day, or are you able to dine at different times throughout your cruise? Who do you make a reservation with and how early must you make them?

We typically do late seating, but for some reason we're wait listed for late seating on the 2nd half of our B2B in September, which I thought was odd given it's September and ships are generally less crowded, or don't fill up until closer to sail date. We currently have My Time for second week, which will be a first time for us. Looking at this as a positive thing, since we've always been curious about it.

I guess I'm a little confused about the whole my time thing. Is it preferred that you make a reservation for my time? Do you stick to the same time each day, or are you able to dine at different times throughout your cruise? Who do you make a reservation with and how early must you make them?

We typically do late seating, but for some reason we're wait listed for late seating on the 2nd half of our B2B in September, which I thought was odd given it's September and ships are generally less crowded, or don't fill up until closer to sail date. We currently have My Time for second week, which will be a first time for us. Looking at this as a positive thing, since we've always been curious about it.

It's up to you if you make a reservation for MTD. Supposedly, there is less of a wait to be seated if you have a reservation, but many have reported little of no difference between having a reservation and walking up without a reservation.

If you want to make reservations, you can go to the MTD desk in front of the dining room, or use your stateroom phone. You can make a standing reservation for every night, choose different times every night, make no reservations for some nights, or any combination.