The nuts have gone!

On a recent Adventure of the Seas sailing the welcome back basket had no nuts, trail mix or cheese & crackers :eek: Only some cookies and dried fruit :( Is this another cut back or was I short changed :confused:

Cookies and dried fruit is all we have ever had since turning whatever level gets you the welcome basket. I must say though, that the box the stuff comes in is very useful throughout the cruise to store odds and ends like chap stick, phone chargers etc.!

On a recent Adventure of the Seas sailing the welcome back basket had no nuts, trail mix or cheese & crackers :eek: Only some cookies and dried fruit :( Is this another cut back or was I short changed :confused:

Maybe this will help them pay for all the new ships?:rolleyes:

At one time there was a basket with just a few items similar to those you mentioned that was delivered to Diamond passengers and the basket with more items was delivered to the diamond plus passengers. Perhaps you received the diamond basket when in the past you have received the diamond plus basket.

As another poster mentioned, the basket is very elaborate looking, but filled with just a few items.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

M

The Blue Ribbon Basket is the Diamond amenity. The White Ribbon Basket is the D+ amenity (Nuts, crackers, cheese and chocolate cookies). We have several times gotten the wrong one delivered to our room. A call to room service, or a talk with the LA, will usually fix this. We sometimes get the wrong drink too. Bottled water does not even look like a Heineken beer whereas the baskets are not to far apart in appearance to a newbie room service employee.

The Blue Ribbon Basket is the Diamond amenity. The White Ribbon Basket is the D+ amenity (Nuts, crackers, cheese and chocolate cookies). We have several times gotten the wrong one delivered to our room. A call to room service, or a talk with the LA, will usually fix this. We sometimes get the wrong drink too. Bottled water does not even look like a Heineken beer whereas the baskets are not to far apart in appearance to a newbie room service employee.

Our experiences are exactly like yours. Wrong basket and wrong beverages several times.

m

On our recent Grandeur cruise we got NO basket at all! :cool::p:rolleyes::eek:

I actually like the goodies in the basket and normally throw it in my tote as a snack on a beach day. But not THIS time, since they didn't give us one! I just figured it was another perk gone away...but sounds like it was just an oversight by our cabin steward. Hopefully I'll get it next month on Serenade!

When I was Emerald last year I got the blue ribbon Key Lime Cookies and Dried Fruit. When I was Diamond this year I got the blue ribbon Key Lime Cookies and Dried Fruit.

Like others, the packaging may cost more than the contents. Seems a waste of packaging really but I get that they want it to look "fancy". I too throw it in the back pack for an off the ship quick snack. On the one hand I guess it shows some appreciation, on the other I'd just as soon see it done away with if the cost of the package was put back into items like food or activities for an incremental increase in overall quality for everyone on board.

Nut allergies is probably the answer. Cruise lines are very careful about cross contamination with foods. Delivering nuts in a welcome basket could be dangerous if a child with allergies got ahold of them.

At one time there was a basket with just a few items similar to those you mentioned that was delivered to Diamond passengers and the basket with more items was delivered to the diamond plus passengers. Perhaps you received the diamond basket when in the past you have received the diamond plus basket.

As another poster mentioned, the basket is very elaborate looking, but filled with just a few items.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

M

I agree. When I was Diamond, I got the cookies and dried fruit. As a Diamond Plus, I get the nicer (and slightly larger) "box" of goodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What?? No more nuts?? :eek: :eek:

That’s it, I can’t take anymore cutbacks. I am canceling all my cruises. :(

(For those of you that still haven’t grasp the concept of sarcasm, I am joking :p)

Sorry, I can't post a picture from the ship, because I have forgotten my photobucket password (!), but if you are my facebook friend you can see it.

If you ARE my FB friend and know how to steal the pic from there and post it here, please do.

The D+ "welcome back" gift is no longer a basket. It is a plastic bag with a small bag of almond and a small bag of shortbread cookies.

Choice of beverage still comes with it.

The D+ "welcome back" gift is no longer a basket. It is a plastic bag with a small bag of almond and a small bag of shortbread cookies.

Choice of beverage still comes with it.

Oh no!, I loved using the basket to keep loose items on the dresser.

Also just off the Indy and received the same bag of shortbread cookies, bottle of water, and can of diet coke. I wish I had a pic.

Truth be told, I think it was an upgrade. The previous lemon cookies were awful and the dried fruit was inedible. I was kind of pissed because I switched the warm can of DC for a cold can in the mini fridge and I was charged the $2.?? for the can. A little reminder to guest services and they removed the charge. Those bar servers are ruthless.

The website is still showing the white ribbon basket. Recent cruises on Brilliance and Enchantment included the white ribbon basket.

Perhaps the Indy is substituting as per this from the RCI website - "All amenities may be substituted or changed upon available inventory." We have had substitutions on several occasions.

Will see what we get on Vision in a few days.