Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

As important as the large block that contains the Windjammer is, this one has the water slide embarkation area. :D

69fe1ede4938e075705e370673160b40.jpg

Photo in Le portique des Chantiers Navals dans le paysage local de Saint Nazaire Facebook album:

20150610 Mise en place bloc au dessus de la timonerie — in Saint-Nazaire, Pays De La Loire, France.

Did they change the location of the windjammer from the Oasis and Allure?? If no that is not the Windjammer area, windjammer is aft below the former Viking Crown area.

Did they change the location of the windjammer from the Oasis and Allure?? If no that is not the Windjammer area, windjammer is aft below the former Viking Crown area.

Yup, this is not the block containing the Windjammer.

This one is all about the water slides.

35f22a1ce91709e7635e004a41611113.jpg

Looking at the pictures of the cabin corridors, it seems that they decided to go with the more modern, sleek, and earth-toned walls of Q Class, rather than the cream and bright colors of Oasis and Allure. I like it!

The cabins are very much like the Quantum-class as well. A lighter colour for the accent wall unlike the darker colour of the Q-class.

So, are the closets arranged like on the Oasis/Allure or more like the Quantum/Anthem?

I just grabbed some examples of balcony cabins from Oasis-class & Quantum-class to compare...

balcony_room.jpg

quantum-superior-oceanview.jpg

Oh definitely more like Quantum-class.

I just grabbed some examples of balcony cabins from Oasis-class & Quantum-class to compare...

balcony_room.jpg

quantum-superior-oceanview.jpg

Oh definitely more like Quantum-class.

So the wardrobes flank the bed/sofa rather than being on the backside of the washroom? If so that is a HUGE improvement and lessens the concern about bed by balcony vs washroom :D

I like the Quantum look. How does the storage space compare between the two?

So the wardrobes flank the bed/sofa rather than being on the backside of the washroom? If so that is a HUGE improvement and lessens the concern about bed by balcony vs washroom :D

I've only seen photos of two similar cabins. Can't determine storage space or bed position.

EDIT: I've also noticed in the Q-class photo that there is no dark colored accent wall. So I shouldn't have presumed that Harmony doesn't have such a dark wall after seeing only two cabin photos.

If I remember correctly Quantum still had alternating cabins with beds by the balcony. Had a connecting stateroom on Quantum. My cabin was as in the photo depicted but believe the other was the opposite with the desk near the cabin door and bed by the balcony.

Having sailed Quantum and Oasis I can say I really like the cabin design of Quantum much better then Oasis.

Harmony Cabin in the House... well it's an outside balcony cabin actually! (Sorry, Lloyd couldn't resist!)

I found a photo as well. I see what you mean, Lloyd. Very much like the quantum class.

By the way, that is a bed on the left side of the picture, attached to the wall to keep it out of the way.

It's only one sample, so we cannot judge the Harmony's cabins just yet.

863a834ad32c5a0835244f0e146d2b65.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather

:D

Harmony Cabin in the House... well it's an outside balcony cabin actually! (Sorry, Lloyd couldn't resist!)

I found a photo as well. I see what you mean, Lloyd. Very much like the quantum class.

By the way, that is a bed on the left side of the picture, attached to the wall to keep it out of the way.

It's only one sample, so we cannot judge the Harmony's cabins just yet.

863a834ad32c5a0835244f0e146d2b65.jpg

Looks familiar.:rolleyes:

I was holding off until a nicer (closer to the final look) photo showed up, but now that you've posted a cabin photo, what the heck ...

This one still has the cabin factory braces at the base of the walls. Guessing that the walls haven't been 'fastened' to the ship deck yet.

f2e4166d94828fab24d7a5049a619e4a.jpg

By the way, you should start a cabin thread with "Harmony Cabin in the House... well it's an outside balcony cabin actually!"

Edited by Lloyd555

:D

Looks familiar.:rolleyes:

I was holding off until a nicer (closer to the final look) photo showed up, but now that you've posted a cabin photo, what the heck ...

This one still has the cabin factory braces at the base of the walls. Guessing that the walls haven't been 'fastened' to the ship deck yet.

f2e4166d94828fab24d7a5049a619e4a.jpg

By the way, you should start a cabin thread with "Harmony Cabin in the House... well it's an outside balcony cabin actually!"

Hey! I want yellow bracing in my cabin too! :eek:

And no to the cabin thread.

Not surprised that the cabins are like those of the Quantum class. After all, RCI does use a photo from a Quantum-class in one of the banner photos for the ship. :rolleyes:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=HM

8814ec7c3f39305eef80c11795876ad5.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather

For those of you who have been on Quantum Class, what is typically in the space across from (opposite) the round mirrow on the wall with the drawers below it? Desk and chair or something else?

Across from the mirror/desk is the couch, and below it is a movable desk/table.

Edited by NicNac4498

Thank you for the cabin photos! I much prefer the new closet arrangements that started w/ the Quantum class and are being carried over to the Harmony. I think for many cruisers this will make the bed by washroom configuration less of an issue (I know it does for me). The oasis/Solstice closet arrangement was far from ideal, and when the bed was by the washroom it was beyond tight.

On another note I'm assuming the bathroom arrangement will also follow the Quantum footprint, which I feel is another plus.

The Harmony looks to be shaping up nicely and I'm excited to sail on her next fall!