Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

I just had a thought, Lloyd. Any chance those wave breaker modifications are Harmony's version of the "bus stop" smoker's lounge on Quantum-class?

No, just the opposite. They're areas set aside for health/exercise.

Dynamic Dining will NOT be on Harmony, Oasis or Allure

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/15045183_OA_Class_Dining_Update_FAQ.pdf

From the document...

The revolutionary Dynamic Dining concept was created for Royal Caribbean International’s newest and most technologically advanced Quantum-class ships. It has been decided not to introduce the Dynamic Dining concept to the rest of the fleet, which was not specifically designed to support it, although previously announced for Oasis Class ships.

etc.

So now that there won't be the need to choose my dining venues for a no longer existing Dynamic Dining on my February 2017 cruise, I called RCI customer service to see if I could choose an early MDR seating for that cruise. After all, when you book a cruise on a ship with the regular MDR dining, you can do it right away while booking the cruise.

They haven't 'switched over' to that option yet, but as it says in the FAQ, 'Guests of Harmony of the Seas who have already pre-selected the Dynamic Classic option for their upcoming cruise will be assigned to either early or late seating to match their original choice of time'. So I had the agent switch from Dynamic Choice to Dynamic Classic 1.

Dynamic Dining will NOT be on Harmony, Oasis or Allure

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/15045183_OA_Class_Dining_Update_FAQ.pdf

From the document...

The revolutionary Dynamic Dining concept was created for Royal Caribbean International’s newest and most technologically advanced Quantum-class ships. It has been decided not to introduce the Dynamic Dining concept to the rest of the fleet, which was not specifically designed to support it, although previously announced for Oasis Class ships.

etc.

So now that there won't be the need to choose my dining venues for a no longer existing Dynamic Dining on my February 2017 cruise, I called RCI customer service to see if I could choose an early MDR seating for that cruise. After all, when you book a cruise on a ship with the regular MDR dining, you can do it right away while booking the cruise.

They haven't 'switched over' to that option yet, but as it says in the FAQ, 'Guests of Harmony of the Seas who have already pre-selected the Dynamic Classic option for their upcoming cruise will be assigned to either early or late seating to match their original choice of time'. So I had the agent switch from Dynamic Choice to Dynamic Classic 1.

Well if anything, I guess this makes it a bit easier to plan out my dinner schedule. Between Wonderland, 150 Central Park, Sabor and all of the other specialty restaurants it was going to be hard to fit everything into 7 nights! I was excited to try the different menus like American Icon and Chic but now I guess I'll just have to plan an Anthem trip for that! :rolleyes:

With no Dynamic Dining on Harmony of the Seas, the three dining venues, Grande, Chic and American Icon Grill will become the MDR. What do you think will happen to Wonderland on deck 11&12 and Coastal Kitchen on deck 17?

With no Dynamic Dining on Harmony of the Seas, the three dining venues, Grande, Chic and American Icon Grill will become the MDR. What do you think will happen to Wonderland on deck 11&12 and Coastal Kitchen on deck 17?

Coastal Kitchen was not a part of Dynamic Dining, it is a suite perk, so I would assume that it stays as planned, and as is currently functioning on Oasis and Allure.

Coastal Kitchen was not a part of Dynamic Dining, it is a suite perk, so I would assume that it stays as planned, and as is currently functioning on Oasis and Allure.

True. Also, I re-read the FAQ and it suggests that Wonderland will stay.

A Royal Caribbean PR tweet tonight about a ten-storey water slide called the Abyss that goes from the AquaTheater to the Boardwalk neighborhood. :eek:

Well, THAT made me forget about dynamic dining being removed from Oasis-class ships. :rolleyes:

A Royal Caribbean PR tweet tonight about a ten-storey water slide called the Abyss that goes from the AquaTheater to the Boardwalk neighborhood. :eek:

Well, THAT made me forget about dynamic dining being removed from Oasis-class ships. :rolleyes:

OMG! Time for me to book Harmony!

But wait... The Aquatheater and boardwalk are on the same deck. ????

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

maybe the "launch" platform will be waaaay up near the diving platforms?

if this wasn't on royal's actual twitter page, i'd think it was a joke. maybe they got hacked. :p i just can't figure the logistics.

if it's true, it'll be cool, but probably too scary for me. i'll stick with the wimpy waterslides over central park!

btw, love seeing her name finally painted on in lloyd's pics. yay!

maybe the "launch" platform will be waaaay up near the diving platforms?

if this wasn't on royal's actual twitter page, i'd think it was a joke. maybe they got hacked. :p i just can't figure the logistics.

if it's true, it'll be cool, but probably too scary for me. i'll stick with the wimpy waterslides over central park!

btw, love seeing her name finally painted on in lloyd's pics. yay!

That still wouldn't be 10 stories. From the sports deck to the boardwalk is 10 stories though, so that may actually be the plan.

Not only are they on the same deck, but I've always thought that the aquatheater was a feature of the Boardwalk "neighborhood".

That still wouldn't be 10 stories. From the sports deck to the boardwalk is 10 stories though, so that may actually be the plan.

Was thinking the same. The area on Oasis/Allure aft of the FlowRiders and the Wipeout Bar seems logical. They throw a few loungers out there and there's a railing overlooking the AquaTheater. This area struck me as big and empty when I sailed on Oasis, so maybe they are trying to maximize the use of this space by adding the waterslide entry. Plus the numbers add up. That is Deck 16, minus 10 decks = Deck 6, which is where the Boardwalk is.

Was thinking the same. The area on Oasis/Allure aft of the FlowRiders and the Wipeout Bar seems logical. They throw a few loungers out there and there's a railing overlooking the AquaTheater. This area struck me as big and empty when I sailed on Oasis, so maybe they are trying to maximize the use of this space by adding the waterslide entry. Plus the numbers add up. That is Deck 16, minus 10 decks = Deck 6, which is where the Boardwalk is.

Check out this post of mine in a different Harmony waterslide thread...

EDIT: Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47140454&postcount=23

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The Oasis deck plans show the circle on deck 16. Allure does not. Is the Oasis getting this water slide also?

I hadn't realized that. The circle having something do with the waterslide was just my speculation on how they're going to construct a 10 story waterslide. I thought I was on to something there...maybe not. :(

I think I'm going to still stick with my idea though, thats really the only option to fit this waterslide...

Lloyd, any good pictures of the boardwalk/aquatheater area that may be able to help us speculate about the placement of this 10 story waterslide?