Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

What is going to be different about the solarium?

The look of the roof glass panels for one, which also appear to extend over the bridge wings.

4a5755c8de19845397ebf366dd734a15.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

The look of the roof glass panels for one, which also appear to extend over the bridge wings.

I know it's a Solarium, but I wish they could put some loungets in the shade like many of the other ships

Thanks to Matthew Brand in the Harmony of the Seas - Oasis Class Facebook Group for pointing out the changes to the to the Harmony's exhaust stack fairings/funnels.

Looks like the scrubber system is on the port side of the ship on the Harmony of the Seas.

4e4a1097062567897006b05277f53696.jpg

f394dd8cd92124cd69b0f115fc9fc00e.jpg

The starboard funnel exhaust stack fairings we've seen in earlier photos:

445b495e8a3fd4473ff702f094dfd7b8.jpg

And here are some close-ups of the Solarium:

d1bfaff58be6ed3d86dff53924c73721.jpg

8bc4a7d1eda8bd1b7d114e855da6f0f3.jpg

Photos from Saint Nazaire, ses chantiers navals, son TGP, ses paquebots on Facebook (Used to be called Le portique des Chantiers Navals dans le paysage local de Saint Nazaire)

Thanks for the new shots, Lloyd! And especially the Solarium shots :D

I'm curious how they'll lay it out. It sure seems as though the open-air area which used to be in front of the solarium and down one deck (Deck 14, where you could go out over the bridge wings on OA and AL) is now incorporated into the solarium itself. I guess I'm just assuming that they'll do more of a Quantum-class design there and have the cascading pools/waterfalls, but it looks like a decent drop from Deck 15 to 14... and I haven't seen any signs of staircases yet. Any ideas?

I wish they could figure a way to keep the treads from burning your feet

Vegas style misters would be perfect. We have this same conversation at the flowrider lineup every cruise. At least there you can slip off you flip flops before you ride. I doubt they'd let you take them down the slide.

Vegas style misters would be perfect. We have this same conversation at the flowrider lineup every cruise. At least there you can slip off you flip flops before you ride. I doubt they'd let you take them down the slide.

I seem to recall you could carry your flips with you on the Carnival slides back in the day

I seem to recall you could carry your flips with you on the Carnival slides back in the day

That would be a good option. If there was water dripping off the people who slid already it wouldn't be so bad either. When that rubberized flooring gets hot, not matter the color, it can be unbareable.

On disney you can wear water shoes on the slides and the aqua duck. so maybe they will allow water shoes on the slides on harmony. misters are good, too. i've also been to some water parks where stairs were clearly treated with some coating to stop them from getting too hot.

if they don't do something, maybe i'll be going on the slides at night - i'm a wimp and hate stepping on hot pavement. :D

Do you think that they will do something like the viewing area from the Sears tower in Chicago. Maybe this is one of their more to come revelations.

image.jpg1_zpsoqdoikiu.jpg

I noticed at the Wilson Butler Architects website that they did something similar for the Mein Schiff 3, which features glass floor 'sky boxes'

You find them pictured in the section - Sea/Outdoor decks/Tui Mein Schiff 3 *no direct link.

http://www.wilsonbutler.com/sea.html

Edited by MADflyer

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/84/7c/1d/847c1de5a2b74bbb96aec3a7f7ba3dbd.jpg

There have been comments that the extended deck14 solarium will be used as an area for adventure ocean. This doesn't really make sense since the solarium is intended for adults. Based on this top view it appears that there is an added spa in the center on deck 14. I was hoping for a true adult pool. Hopefully we will get some progress pics that will tell the full story.

Thanks

I would LOVE to see a real pool in the Solarium. They should call the pools on Oasis & Allure "wading pools". Frankly, I don't see the point in them.

If they were not there at all, you would miss them

If they were not there at all, you would miss them

I suspect you're right.

In all the cruising we've done...we've been in the main pools exactly 2 times altogether.

On the other hand...the jacuzzi's see plenty of use from us...virtually daily.

A normal morning is getting up at 5:30 or so...heading up to the top deck for taking some sunrise photos, then off to one of the bigger jacuzzis....then back to the cabin for room service breakfast. All that gets done before 7:30 each day...ready and refreshed for a new day of cruise fun.

I suspect the real attention-getter on Harmony will be the water slides.

f958e4727aece581300989cea232c922.jpg

e8eaa84779045083af561f48579407f5.jpg

6c1230e047bd066a2c61fa8bdf26e2fe.jpg

Photos by cmrsa

Greatly appreciate all the water slide information and pictures!

It will be interesting to see what "impact" the stairways and water slides have on the Suite Deck/Gold Card Deck. I know it is a "first world problem", but it appears that the aft portion of the Suite Deck will be "covered" by the slide entry area/actual slides up on deck 18. The view looking aft from the Suite Deck was excellent, with unobstructed views aft and into Central Park. Those views will be lost. Will be interested to hear the noise level generated by "hot-footed" people waiting for the slides as they wait on the stairways. Wondering if RCCL has taken any of this into consideration.

Again, this is a "first world" problem. I plan to use the water slides. However, the potential noise, water splashing out of the entry tubes and lost of unobstructed views is a concern for someone who pays extra for a Suite. I am afraid the tranquil aspect of the current Suite Deck (on Allure and Oasis) will be lost.

Again, this impact only a few of the 6,000-plus people who will be onboard. Just making an observation.

It will be interesting to see what "impact" the stairways and water slides have on the Suite Deck/Gold Card Deck. I know it is a "first world problem", but it appears that the aft portion of the Suite Deck will be "covered" by the slide entry area/actual slides up on deck 18. The view looking aft from the Suite Deck was excellent, with unobstructed views aft and into Central Park. Those views will be lost. Will be interested to hear the noise level generated by "hot-footed" people waiting for the slides as they wait on the stairways. Wondering if RCCL has taken any of this into consideration.

Again, this is a "first world" problem. I plan to use the water slides. However, the potential noise, water splashing out of the entry tubes and lost of unobstructed views is a concern for someone who pays extra for a Suite. I am afraid the tranquil aspect of the current Suite Deck (on Allure and Oasis) will be lost.

Again, this impact only a few of the 6,000-plus people who will be onboard. Just making an observation.

It'll probably be okay. According to the deck plans the suite sundeck will be all the way forward while the suite lounge will be on the starboard side of deck 17. The launch for the waterslides is on deck 18, so one deck above that. I suspect that waterslide hours will be such that only the mid-day on the suite lounge might get some impact and the sundeck should be isolated from the activity.

hm_deck17_v2016_mar.jpg.06cabd7931dc20700ae57e67a0949b63.jpg

hm_deck18_v2016_mar.jpg.129527081105243012a36fc56362de06.jpg

It'll probably be okay. According to the deck plans the suite sundeck will be all the way forward while the suite lounge will be on the starboard side of deck 17. The launch for the waterslides is on deck 18, so one deck above that. I suspect that waterslide hours will be such that only the mid-day on the suite lounge might get some impact and the sundeck should be isolated from the activity.

A photo of the area.

2031e595bdab351c3b66b595e98901f8.jpg