Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

Here is a collage of some Boardwalk & AquaTheater images to help visualize.

I call it 'Insert Waterslide Here'. :D

3627d5e5a2c6dd50e75d54e882865104.jpg

Just curious - Does anyone know what is under the aft bridge? Oasis class all have large windows facing aft. Is this flow rider mechanical or a crew area? This appears to be large space

Thanks

I know that the majority of the post are excited about all of these water slides. Personally, I am concerned about them. My primary love of the Oasis class ships is the amazing concept of a park and a boardwalk in the center of a ship. My DH and I spent hours each day and night in these two neighborhood, primarily for the peace and tranquility they offer. Now with waterslides above Central Park and the potential of one ending in the Aqua Theater, how is the noise level of water, screams, squeals of children and participates going to affect not only the patrons of the Park but also those with the expensive Aqua Theater suites.

I am fearful what is going to be fun for some is going to negatively affect pleasure for other.

Any thoughts on ways noise control can be maintained?

Just my personally concerns.

Well said - A large slide back here might diminish the aqua theatre suite holder experience.

Still wondering what goes on inside the "bridge" above this area.

Staff that help run the sound and cable controls sit there for the ATS.

Thanks. I thought everything was managed in the two large booths over the climbing walls. Seems like a lot of valuable wasted space - that's a great aft view from that location.

You are right. I must have been thinking about a different area.

Thanks. I thought everything was managed in the two large booths over the climbing walls. Seems like a lot of valuable wasted space - that's a great aft view from that location.

The booths above the rock walls are where the shows are controlled from. That is where the crew are that run everything. The area in the bridge is used for storage, the water pumps and other equipment for the FlowRiders, and the reason for those windows is that it is also the location for the theater lighting system since their is no true above stage area for them all.

Has anyone else given any thought how you get back up to the launch area for your towel etc? Will there be a trail of we foot prints and dripping kids heading back into the ships carpeted areas, into the elevators back up to deck 17? If my 3 year old goes down ahead of me, God knows where he will be by the time I get down behind him. Guess my wife and I will have to position ourselves one at the top and one at the bottom!

Has anyone else given any thought how you get back up to the launch area for your towel etc? Will there be a trail of we foot prints and dripping kids heading back into the ships carpeted areas, into the elevators back up to deck 17? If my 3 year old goes down ahead of me, God knows where he will be by the time I get down behind him. Guess my wife and I will have to position ourselves one at the top and one at the bottom!

There will be a height restriction so I doubt a three year old could ride the 10 story drop slide. I think there will be just as many adults as kids riding this. The launch deck should be 16 aft, not 17 where the loft suites are. Who knows what they'd do for the dripping swim suites, maybe a towel station? Maybe there will be a separate lift for the water sliders?

As for where your kid is, why wouldn't you go first, then your child, followed by your wife. That way you child is not unattended. That's how we would do it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I don't know, i am still not buying it. Looking at the pics there is no cut out, no nothing that shows any signs, there at a point where that area has now been painted and still nothing to show any signs of it. Just an observation!

Have they definitely confirmed Abyss is a water slide?

It would make more sense for it to be a normal helter-skelter type slide given the boardwalk theme and to address the issues over wet people running up/down stairs/lifts etc. plus engineering wise it would be a hell of a lot easier

Myrtle Waves Water Park Turbo Twisters:

"Hold on tight for the ride of your life. Climb 10 stories high to the top of the world's tallest tubular slides, the Turbo Twisters. These three completely enclosed dark tubes will send you spiraling down through the darkness at an exhilarating 50 feet per second. The Turbo Twisters are not for the faint-of-heart."

Looks like a long landing pool is required with those stats.:rolleyes:

b48935feaf4a60e99f7f284501356fd5.jpg

It would make more sense for it to be a normal helter-skelter type slide given the boardwalk theme and to address the issues over wet people running up/down stairs/lifts etc. plus engineering wise it would be a hell of a lot easier

I think that's a good shout.

The original tweets do say "waterslide".

The original tweets do say "waterslide".

I find it amazing the number of people who post "their site must have been hacked", "they can't do that" or "maybe they meant..." Whenever Royal posts something totally new. I've yet to see their twitter account post incorrect information.

Looking forward to the new slide.

Hopefully something like this.

image.jpg1_zpsyokix7xi.jpg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Any slide that's 10 stories tall is going to eat up a LOT of real estate! The runoff trough would have to be at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the length of the Boardwalk. I just don't see how or where this will fit?

Look at the NCL ships and how much space each waterslide consumes - the largest of those is maybe 4-5 stories tall, so double that or more for space......

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Any slide that's 10 stories tall is going to eat up a LOT of real estate! The runoff trough would have to be at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the length of the Boardwalk. I just don't see how or where this will fit?

Look at the NCL ships and how much space each waterslide consumes - the largest of those is maybe 4-5 stories tall, so double that or more for space......

Agreed. A 10 story waterslide has a runoff trough about the length of the boardwalk or a smaller slowdown area with a dump in a deep-ish pool of water. Plus there's splash area that needs drainage and the piping to get the water back to the top of the slide.

I'm not saying that this isn't happening... but it's certainly going to be some interesting engineering if it does.

I find it amazing the number of people who post "their site must have been hacked", "they can't do that" or "maybe they meant..." Whenever Royal posts something totally new. I've yet to see their twitter account post incorrect information.

Looking forward to the new slide.

Hopefully something like this.

image.jpg1_zpsyokix7xi.jpg

Is that photo from an NCL ship?! I'm so afraid of heights, just looking at that picture scares me! :eek:

It's from Wet n Wild in Orlando.

Is that one of those slides where they drop you by letting the 'ground disappear' from under your feet? :eek: I will not be able to make myself do it... someone will have to pull the lever :D

Is that one of those slides where they drop you by letting the 'ground disappear' from under your feet? :eek: I will not be able to make myself do it... someone will have to pull the lever :D

That's what it is. You don't pull a lever...they do. They actually start a countdown but never drop you on 0. It might be3,2 or 1 just to keep you guessing.:D. The first 20 or 30 feet down you are just free falling and not really touching the slide.

That's what it is. You don't pull a lever...they do. They actually start a countdown but never drop you on 0. It might be3,2 or 1 just to keep you guessing.:D. The first 20 or 30 feet down you are just free falling and not really touching the slide.

:eek: My heart is beating overtime just envisioning this! :eek:

I did the same slide in Aquatica. They have 4 of them there. Doesn't get any less frightening, no matter how times I have done it!!

My son (14) has done one with the floor dropping at a water park near Ottawa - that one drops you, then you do a complete loop-dee-loop upside down! :eek:

http://www.calypsopark.com/en/waterpark/attractions/summit-tower/aqualoops/