Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

Love the pics and video, is it just me or are others looking for where their room will be located? I can see where my JS will be at. LOL.

I know I am! I'm sure we're the only ones, though :rolleyes: JS 8244 here, right on the hump port-side... just behind Chops Grille in Central Park :D We booked while onboard Adventure of the Seas in April and this will be my first (junior) suite!!

My very first cruise was on Oasis and we were quite a ways from Central Park on that sailing. I am sooooo excited to be able to step out of my cabin every morning and stroll through the park to get some breakfast at Park Cafe :cool:

Of course! Who doesn't love cabin spotting!! :D

b7676d56635736b2eccddcbaf3a59f88.jpg

So Lloyd, what are the latest guesses about those openings in the wave breakers?? I think this is one of the most tangible differences between Harmony and Oasis/Allure (besides of course the water slides and the solarium) that we've been able to track via all of your awesome pictures so far.

HarmonyvsOasis_wavebreakers_zps5qyhfcdg.jpg

And does anyone have guesses about the "few surprises <they> can’t tell <us> about just yet"???

Edited by CapitalKyle
adding jpeg

Does "take-out" mean the very first captain sailing from the ship yard where construction is taking place? Crossing my fingers that we have Captain Johnny on the transatlantic sailing from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in October, 2016.

yes ;) . I asked Johnny on facebook, he does not know his schedule yet for next year.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Does "take-out" mean the very first captain sailing from the ship yard where construction is taking place? Crossing my fingers that we have Captain Johnny on the transatlantic sailing from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in October, 2016.

Sorry not facebook, twitter ImageUploadedByForums1435326940.423132.jpg.81c13584de76e8e2b369235f7cb3da51.jpg

I know I am! I'm sure we're the only ones, though :rolleyes: JS 8244 here, right on the hump port-side... just behind Chops Grille in Central Park :D We booked while onboard Adventure of the Seas in April and this will be my first (junior) suite!!

My very first cruise was on Oasis and we were quite a ways from Central Park on that sailing. I am sooooo excited to be able to step out of my cabin every morning and stroll through the park to get some breakfast at Park Cafe :cool:

Yes! 8236 here, hump port side as well. This will be our 2nd Royal Cruise, first was FOS (AFT cabin). Normally wanted Princess but since I want to take kids and Disney is too expensive, we are giving Royal another try. I know my kids will love the water slides. They will be 6 & 9 at time of sailing.

So Lloyd, what are the latest guesses about those openings in the wave breakers?? I think this is one of the most tangible differences between Harmony and Oasis/Allure (besides of course the water slides and the solarium) that we've been able to track via all of your awesome pictures so far.

And does anyone have guesses about the "few surprises <they> can’t tell <us> about just yet"???

Those openings are for glass/windows for the fitness 'pods', likely personal areas to stretch and exercise alongside the track.

Those openings are for glass/windows for the fitness 'pods', likely personal areas to stretch and exercise alongside the track.

Or it could be for storage of life raft canisters.

Sounds plausible to me. Selfishly I would hope they are for something more entertainment-based, as I have a hard time imagining myself exercising much while onboard! :rolleyes:

Sounds plausible to me. Selfishly I would hope they are for something more entertainment-based, as I have a hard time imagining myself exercising much while onboard! :rolleyes:

Well, if I try doing some yoga in one of the fitness pods, watching me doing so can be very entertaining! :D

<insert unrelated Harmony photo here>

ff427faa790c670f1f274a96602e4c43.jpg

Do you think that they will do something like the viewing area from the Sears tower in Chicago. Maybe this is one of their more to come revelations.

image.jpg1_zpsoqdoikiu.jpg

Yes please!

The "Wave Breakers" on the Harmony look like they are completely different from Oasis. (Longer and without the deflector)

The "Wave Breakers" on the Harmony look like they are completely different from Oasis. (Longer and without the deflector)

The Allure is also different than the Oasis and more like the Harmony. Hopefully you can see this in the attached pictures.

After the Oasis hit the 65 foot swells/waves in the Bay of Biscay, during its crossing from Turku Finland, and damaged life boats #1 & 2, they redesigned the Allure, while still under construction, to position life boats 1&2 aft by one notch. This is how you can tell them apart from a distance, before getting close enough to see their names.

I was on the Oasis a couple of months after the inaugural cruises and you could see the damage to a large I-beam above life boat #1. The dent was impressive. They have since fixed the beam but had to leave these two life boats in their original positions after the repairs.

Allure and Harmony's life boats have been repositioned from the original plans because of that event - see pictures: 1 Allure and Oasis; 2 Allure

_MG_0189.jpg.944e3f2be6d891ab674120645724b129.jpg

allure_0003.jpg.6de1d4ee8af99289152b73963da86d11.jpg

Edited by Tagsalong

The Allure is also different than the Oasis and more like the Harmony. Hopefully you can see this in the attached pictures.

After the Oasis hit the 65 foot swells/waves in the Bay of Biscay, during its crossing from Turku Finland, and damaged life boats #1 & 2, they redesigned the Allure, while still under construction, to position life boats 1&2 aft by one notch. This is how you can tell them apart from a distance, before getting close enough to see their names.

I was on the Oasis a couple of months after the inaugural cruises and you could see the damage to a large I-beam above life boat #1. The dent was impressive. They have since fixed the beam but had to leave these two life boats in their original positions after the repairs.

Allure and Harmony's life boats have been repositioned from the original plans because of that event - see pictures: 1 Allure and Oasis; 2 Allure

You can see where Harmony has refined the look with extended fairings below the "Wave Breakers" as compared to the Allure.

allureoftheseas_129389963.jpg.5a910198e3cb3f102c700b9ddb43fcd5.jpg

good info, thanks!

The deck 14 aft suite balcony looks quite a bit larger than the balconies of decks 11 and 12. Interesting!

I think the angle may play a role here as I think deck 15 is the deck hanging out there.

I sure wish Harmony had a GS at that position on deck 14 like Oasis. My deck 14 GS balcony, that I have booked for Harmony, looks tiny in comparison now to this aqua theater suite's balcony.

They show the balcony measurements for the suites on the website, if it is correct.

Expansive balcony with table and chairs. Deck 11 & Deck 14

Staterooms 11330 and 11730 (606 sq. ft., balcony 626 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 14330 and 14730 (604 sq. ft., balcony 631 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 12330 and 12730 (652 sq. ft., balcony 589 sq. ft.)

I think the angle may play a role here as I think deck 15 is the deck hanging out there.

I sure wish Harmony had a GS at that position on deck 14 like Oasis. My deck 14 GS balcony, that I have booked for Harmony, looks tiny in comparison now to this aqua theater suite's balcony.

They show the balcony measurements for the suites on the website, if it is correct.

Expansive balcony with table and chairs. Deck 11 & Deck 14

Staterooms 11330 and 11730 (606 sq. ft., balcony 626 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 14330 and 14730 (604 sq. ft., balcony 631 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 12330 and 12730 (652 sq. ft., balcony 589 sq. ft.)

I think OfTheSeasCruiser is right, that does appear to be Deck 14, when you look at the deck plans. Highest deck of balconies before the public areas on the top decks begin. Here's an illustration, apologies for the bad quality...

HarmonyDeck14AquaTheaterSuites_zpsshw4dvpz.jpg

I think OfTheSeasCruiser is right, that does appear to be Deck 14, when you look at the deck plans. Highest deck of balconies before the public areas on the top decks begin. Here's an illustration, apologies for the bad quality...

HarmonyDeck14AquaTheaterSuites_zpsshw4dvpz.jpg

It probably sticks out because of the setbacks, 14 on Oasis is practically non existent. :eek:

][/url]

That actually makes perfect sense then as deck 14 would be a balcony of 631 sq. ft and deck 12 under that one would have a balcony at 589 sq. ft.). I looked at the square footage in the wrong order.

That actually makes perfect sense then as deck 14 would be a balcony of 631 sq. ft and deck 12 under that one would have a balcony at 589 sq. ft.). I looked at the square footage in the wrong order.

Not your fault as it seems like they listed them in a very strange order, no? 11 then 14 then 12?