Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

This was posted by Royal Caribbean PR on twitter about an hour ago when someone questioned how it would be 10 stories if it will only go from the Aquatheater to the Boardwalk.

This was the reply: "The Abyss is 10-story high waterslide. It will start at the top of the AquaTheater and bring guests down to the Boardwalk."

That makes no sense to me. None.

This was posted by Royal Caribbean PR on twitter about an hour ago when someone questioned how it would be 10 stories if it will only go from the Aquatheater to the Boardwalk.

This was the reply: "The Abyss is 10-story high waterslide. It will start at the top of the AquaTheater and bring guests down to the Boardwalk."

Boardwalk is Deck six; Zipline is Deck 16 (11 decks up) so the start of the slide could be either on Deck 15 or 16 to get the 10-story drop.

Take it this will mean goodbye to the zip line

I doubt it. The zip line is still on the deck plans also.

Boardwalk is Deck six; Zipline is Deck 16 (11 decks up) so the start of the slide could be either on Deck 15 or 16 to get the 10-story drop.

Yeah, I get that. I already posted that I believe that it almost has to start up on deck 16. But referring back to the PR tweet I just posted... "It will start at the top of the AquaTheater and go to the Boardwalk." That is definitely not 10 stories.

I'm starting to think that Twitter account is a fake, don't think any other water slides but the ones we see above in the renderings, which look great by the way.

The actual account is definitely not fake. It's the PR team and they've posted very accurate things for a very long time. Whether it has been hacked, or something along those lines, is a different story.

EDIT: To be honest, I don't think they've been hacked. As a matter of fact, they've been posting other accurate things, such as the other waterslide names and renderings, since the announcement of Abyss. Its the real deal I think.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The actual account is definitely not fake. It's the PR team and they've posted very accurate things for a very long time. Whether it has been hacked, or something along those lines, is a different story.

EDIT: To be honest, I don't think they've been hacked. As a matter of fact, they've been posting other accurate things, such as the other waterslide names and renderings, since the announcement of Abyss. Its the real deal I think.

Hacking was my thoughts exactly last night... seemed off... but as you mention, Royal Caribbean seems to have backed this up with their website, etc. Wasn't it confirmed that they revealed this info at the event in NYC last night to mark 100 days until Anthem?

Well, while we're temporarily stumped as to where this dang slide will START, allow me to submit a guess for where it will end?

I noticed this change to Harmony as soon as the deck plans were released but didn't think much of it until now. The location of the bar on the boardwalk, which on Oasis and Allure was located dead center in front of the AquaTheater, was moved over to sit right next/attached to Sabor. Perhaps to make room for the landing zone for a water slide? :confused::confused:

HarmonyvsOasis_Boardwalk_zpsqjyhkav4.jpg

Well, while we're temporarily stumped as to where this dang slide will START, allow me to submit a guess for where it will end?

I noticed this change to Harmony as soon as the deck plans were released but didn't think much of it until now. The location of the bar on the boardwalk, which on Oasis and Allure was located dead center in front of the AquaTheater, was moved over to sit right next/attached to Sabor. Perhaps to make room for the landing zone for a water slide? :confused::confused:

Yup, I was thinking about this as well. There really isn't any other place were it could end. Unless they did some sort of thing were it wrapped around behind the Aquatheater, above the jogging track. I was just rambling on with that one, but that'd actually be pretty cool, they could even make the slide clear plexiglass to see the wake.

And about the twitter being hacked... I don't think it has. I remember awhile ago I pointed out that it was posted by RCI somewhere that they still had a few surprises to show us. I would guess this is the big one.

Thanks my guess as well. Hope that particular slide will closed during aqua shows. :eek::eek::eek:

"they've been hacked" was my first thought, too. i agree using the aqua theater as the launching point doesn't make sense. using the sports deck makes a lot more sense. i wonder if it's just a case of whoever's in charge of the twitter feed hasn't been on oasis or allure and just can't figure out the deck plans. we all know that most royal customer service agents haven't even been on the ships - this could be a similar situation, where the tweeter (is that the right word in this context?) just can't visualize where the start of the slide will be.

those other three tubes kind of look claustrophobia inducing. i may be rethinking my desire to try one.... :eek:

Edited by karmacats

"they've been hacked" was my first thought, too. i agree using the aqua theater as the launching point doesn't make sense. using the sports deck makes a lot more sense. i wonder if it's just a case of whoever's in charge of the twitter feed hasn't been on oasis or allure and just can't figure out the deck plans. we all know that most royal customer service agents haven't even been on the ships - this could be a similar situation, where the tweeter (is that the right word in this context?) just can't visualize where the start of the slide will be.

those other three tubes kind of look claustrophobia inducing. i may be rethinking my desire to try one.... :eek:

I think that is more than likely the case... A PR rep who has never stepped foot on a cruise ship, and can only say things based on pictures that they've seen.

I really don't think that has anything to do with the slides. Currently on oasis the Sits empty a lot since most people sit inside sabor rather then the bar in the middle of the board walk. Also servers have to walk to that bar to get certain drinks. It's making more work. So connecting them into one area just makes more sense business wise and functionally wise.

Edited by UNV-IT!!!

According to the deck plans on Royal Caribbean's website the slides start on deck 18 and terminate on deck 15. "Access to Waterslides

Three multi-story waterslides, all of which twist and

turn over Central Park 10 decks below.

Exit on deck 15."

Is it possible that the comment about over Central Park 10 decks below has been misinterpreted as the slide being over 10 decks and not the 3 decks it actually is?

Have they perfected virtual water slides yet?

Some Quantum build fans were checking out this simulated water slide ride when trying to figure out what may be on the port side of the Quantum of the Seas near the RipCord.

Hey! If the Quantum-class can have a simulated skydiving experience, why not a simulated water slide?

But then, why would you need a fake one when there are three real ones above Central Park. :D

Riders surf inside on a cascade of water, with the actuators simulating the twists, turns, and bumps of a slide that, for the show, seems 450-ft high and 3,600 ft long and takes about three minutes from start to finish.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/other-shows/videos/prototype-this-backyard-waterslide-simulator/

Edited by Lloyd555

I just keep coming back to the idea of launching from the "top" of the AquaTheater. Taken literally, that would mean the highest diving platform on the structure at the back of the ship or something even above that. It just seems like that is way too precarious of a spot for RCI to be funneling a bunch of guests to get on a waterslide.

Plus, Lloyd has already provided us with a bunch of great shots of that structure and so far I haven't seen anything that makes it look like it's been modified from Oasis or Allure's design (ie: to support the starting point of a water slide). Has anyone else?

Edited by CapitalKyle

The website that shay869 linked states that these will start from the top of the sports deck. Whoever the Twit (that what I call the people tweeting) was probably misread the deck plans.

I just keep coming back to the idea of launching from the "top" of the AquaTheater. Taken literally, that would mean the highest diving platform on the structure at the back of the ship or something even above that. It just seems like that is way too precarious of a spot for RCI to be funneling a bunch of guests to get on a waterslide.

Plus, Lloyd has already provided us with a bunch of great shots of that structure and so far I haven't seen anything that makes it look like it's been modified from Oasis or Allure's design (ie: to support the starting point of a water slide). Has anyone else?

Here is a collage of some Boardwalk & AquaTheater images to help visualize.

I call it 'Insert Waterslide Here'. :D

3627d5e5a2c6dd50e75d54e882865104.jpg

According to the deck plans on Royal Caribbean's website the slides start on deck 18 and terminate on deck 15. "Access to Waterslides

Three multi-story waterslides, all of which twist and

turn over Central Park 10 decks below.

Exit on deck 15."

Is it possible that the comment about over Central Park 10 decks below has been misinterpreted as the slide being over 10 decks and not the 3 decks it actually is?

Those are the 3 slides that had already been announced. They are known as the Perfect Storm and are about 3 decks tall. A newly announced 10 story waterslide in the boardwalk area is what this thread is about.