Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

I was looking at Harmonys cruise listings and the have two short sailings prior to their inaugural in approximately the third week of May. I thought I read somewhere on CC that open water tests are in March.

Does anyone know when general crew members start to join the ship prior to sailing? I am thinking along the likes of housekeeping, sports desk crew, etc.. Obviously it would be after turnover, but I am curious to when the dates might occur.

I was looking at Harmonys cruise listings and the have two short sailings prior to their inaugural in approximately the third week of May. I thought I read somewhere on CC that open water tests are in March.

Does anyone know when general crew members start to join the ship prior to sailing? I am thinking along the likes of housekeeping, sports desk crew, etc.. Obviously it would be after turnover, but I am curious to when the dates might occur.

The first sea trials are set for March 10 to 13. The ship will return to spend some days in dry dock before returning for a second series of tests from 7 to 11 April. The general crew appears to be joining the ship in April and May.

The first sea trials are set for March 10 to 13. The ship will return to spend some days in dry dock before returning for a second series of tests from 7 to 11 April. The general crew appears to be joining the ship in April and May.

Thanks Lloyd.

Thanks Lloyd.

My apologies. As I posted my previous answer about the crew, I started doubting myself. Sure enough, most of the crew, which will comprise more than 2,300 people, will begin arriving in late March, most of the troops are expected in mid-April.

Plenty of sea trial photos out there on social media, etc.

Just a few that caught my attention because they showed off parts of the ship of interest ...

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2422504

1354897f13d683b7a52c134c57f2aba3.jpg

Zoom ins on Solarium and Perfect Storm water slides from Flickr photo Harmony of the Seas - 10 mars 2016 - 13

a2ac95b81fb5f7eae4acab7998f7da3b.jpg

c3fb0ce958e1a0be6661dd5bfc8c736c.jpg

Photo by Rv GL of Perfect Storm water slides.

d8b2431201003faf3bbd4628df63ef0e.jpg

Photo by Rv GL of Perfect Solarium and bridge.

0f0912a93f8beaf6aa79fa356e3d15b5.jpg

Great video of the ship out at sea during sea trials.

Love the video!! Lloyd, what do we make of these (what appear to be) windows on the bottom level of the solarium? Based on the deck plans, the kids clubs are behind that area... I believe on OA/AL there were windows here too but that was when the area was open space, not Solarium space. Could those still be windows into the kids clubs? That seems rather odd to me.

HarmonySolarium_zpsc0adeuwr.png

HarmonyDeck14Fwd_zpsble7uacu.png

Same layout as Oasis and Allure, only the solarium is an additional deck. So the area that's open (Oasis and Allure) is now part of the solarium.

Kids club is "behind" the Solariums lowest level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the video!! Lloyd, what do we make of these (what appear to be) windows on the bottom level of the solarium? Based on the deck plans, the kids clubs are behind that area... I believe on OA/AL there were windows here too but that was when the area was open space, not Solarium space. Could those still be windows into the kids clubs? That seems rather odd to me.

HarmonySolarium_zpsc0adeuwr.png

HarmonyDeck14Fwd_zpsble7uacu.png

If you think about it, there would have to windows otherwise there would be no natural light getting into the kids club. My guess is that they will be tinted.