What cabin class do you "usually" book

ghstudio

What cabin class did you book for your next cruise (or last cruise if nothing booked)  

410 members have voted

1. 1. What cabin class did you book for your next cruise (or last cruise if nothing booked)

• Suite
    • Aqua Class
    • Concierge Class
    • Veranda
    • Outside
    • Inside
    • Haven't booked or sailed with Celebrity yet

[quote name='WALKER1313']so we don't have to look it up, What is the fleet wide distribution of stateroom types?[/quote]

Depends on the ship......Reflection has some higher end cabins that
the other ships don't offer.
Century (oldest ship) has some inside categories that none of the
other ships offer.

You are asking what cabin categories are offered? You mean
like 1A, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D?

The M class ships and S class ships are distributed differently.

What type of cabin are you looking for?

[quote name='WALKER1313']fleet wide distribution, which to make a comparison with this survey. As that seems to be the issue.[/quote]

Guess I am just slow....you want to know how many of each category
is on every ship?

No issue on here for me:)......I book what I can afford....sometimes
an inside, sometimes a window, sometimes a balcony.

[quote name='Lois R']Guess I am just slow....you want to know how many of each category
is on every ship?

No issue on here for me:)......I book what I can afford....sometimes
an inside, sometimes a window, sometimes a balcony.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

love it... If you add up all the ships and all the various types of staterooms what percentage would be Suites? what percentage Veranda? etc... This seems it would be relevant as the poll is calculating percentage of these various stateroom types.

[quote name='WALKER1313']love it... If you add up all the ships and all the various types of staterooms what percentage would be Suites? what percentage Veranda? etc... This seems it would be relevant as the poll is calculating percentage of these various stateroom types.[/quote]

Maybe the original poster can give you the answers you are seeking.
Without looking it up I seriously doubt many of us know the exact
amount of each cabin category on each ship.

Started off with an OV then went to balcony. Have done concierge since due to location of the cabins. Haven't any interest in Aqua, we're not spa people & both of us really enjoy the MDR. Would I do a suite? Probably not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='WALKER1313']fleet wide distribution, which to make a comparison with this survey. As that seems to be the issue.[/QUOTE]

What issue? Not everything is an issue. This poll is curiosity to learn a little of the demographics of active posters here.

I'm going to venture a wild guess that the fleet does not have 20% of the beds in suites...unless those folks are going to quadruple up in the new suite dining rooms with I think 60 seats. 20% of s class passengers would be roughly 560 passengers Edited by ghstudio

[COLOR=DarkRed]I checked (and submitted) "verandah" before I noticed that "concierge class" was an option. For what it may be worth to the OP who designed the poll, add one "Concierge Class" and subtract one "verandah" from your results![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][quote name='ghstudio']I'm really not tracking the individual posts, [B][I]I was just curious about cabin choices as a very rough and inaccurate view of board participant demographics.[/I][/B] I'm not trying to make any judgments from this...[B][I][COLOR="Black"]just curious if we are representative as we talk among ourselves.[/COLOR][/I][/B] Do I vaguely recall another poll here on captain's club levels? (if not, it would be another interesting poll).

[B][I][COLOR="Black"]From the poll, we have a smaller percent of inside/outside cabin participants than I would have thought.[/COLOR][/I][/B] Of course, you can't equate that to folks with less disposable income...some who cruise extensively enjoy inside/outside cabins for various reasons. [B][I][COLOR="Black"]The suite response seems to support my observation that we have a high number of suite guests participating here. [/COLOR][/I][/B] I don't know if this is new or due to folks interest in the recent changes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WALKER1313']love it... [B][I][COLOR="Black"]If you add up all the ships [/COLOR][/I][/B]and all the various types of staterooms what percentage would be Suites? what percentage Veranda? etc... This seems it would be relevant as the poll is calculating percentage of these various stateroom types.[/QUOTE]

Just back from the Silhouette's transatlantic (booked an inside and yes, voted in the poll! :)) and taking a well deserved vacation from my vacation.;)

I wasn't about to add up the entire Celebrity FLEET distribution, :eek:
but just out of curiosity, did a quick scan of all of Silhouette's cabins.

[U]Total Cabins... 1,420--- 100%[/U]

Insides............. 143--- 10%

Ocean view......... 70---- 5%

Std/SV Balcony . 740 -- 51%

Conceirge ......... 273 -- 20%

AQ ................... 128--- 9%

Sky Suite ............ 44--- 4%

Suite .................. 22 --- 2%

The poll numbers clearly show that people here on CC are FAR MORE LIKELY to book suites.

Of course the sample here is far too small to be considered significant/accurate. But it sure is fun! Edited by teecee60

Always a balcony, sometimes a gty balcony depending on the price spread. We often end up with an extended balcony.

Don't care about the room size. As long as we can have coffee on our balcony in the morning and a glass wine in the afternoon or pre dinner, I am a happy camper. But, we are doing a mini suite on Princess next so it remains to be seen if the increased space will impact our subsequent choices. Edited by iancal

Our first cruise was in a balcony and we loved it. Second cruise I guess would be considered an oceanview as it was at the front of the ship immediately under the bridge. It was nice, but we missed sitting on the balcony with our coffee in the morning or wine in the evenings.

Since then we've been in suites. The first time because we were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and decided to splurge on a suite guarantee and got a SS. LOVED IT! The last 2 cruises we were in an OS (RCI) and RS (Celebrity) because our 2 teenage boys were with us. In fact, on our last cruise, we had the adjoining CC next to the RS booked also - worked great for the 5 of us (my mom sailed with us) and I wouldn't have any problem booking a CC. Next up - a CS to celebrate our 30th anniversary. So glad they added the balcony or we would have just gone with a SS. Love having the extra room and the butler is just an added perk.

If we couldn't afford a suite, we would sail in a balcony room of any level. Have to have our balcony.

[quote name='teecee60']

Just back from the Silhouette's transatlantic (booked an inside and yes, voted in the poll! :)) and taking a well deserved vacation from my vacation.;)

I wasn't about to add up the entire Celebrity FLEET distribution, :eek:
but just out of curiosity, did a quick scan of all of Silhouette's cabins.

[U]Total Cabins... 1,420--- 100%[/U]

Insides............. 143--- 10%

Ocean view......... 70---- 5%

Std/SV Balcony . 740 -- 51%

Conceirge ......... 273 -- 20%

AQ ................... 128--- 9%

Sky Suite ............ 44--- 4%

Suite .................. 22 --- 2%

The poll numbers clearly show that people here on CC are FAR MORE LIKELY to book suites.

Of course the sample here is far too small to be considered significant/accurate. But it sure is fun![/quote]
Thanks, a good analysis and caveat on sample size.
Your study shows that just over half the cabins are veranda yet just over a quarter of people polled use them. 6% are suites but nearly 20% of the poll uses suites. Well done.:D Edited by MicCanberra

Mic...thanks. It's interesting that the folks here are representative of those celebrity is trying to attract. Perhaps cc would be a good place for celebrity to throw out some ideas for comments..or to get some input on things they plan to roll out. I wonder if we could change from being viewed as outspoken negative cruise bashes and cruise fan boys...that's two different sides of cc....into a useful venue for celebrity. Personally, I'd love to see that happen and I think everyone would benefit.....just not sure that celebrity hq really wants input.

The poll is interesting.....and strengthens my view that opinions expressed here on both sides of issues really should matter to celebrity...and that more celebrity participation would be a plus for everyone.

[quote name='ghstudio']Mic...thanks. It's interesting that the folks here are representative of those celebrity is trying to attract. Perhaps cc would be a good place for celebrity to throw out some ideas for comments..or to get some input on things they plan to roll out. I wonder if we could change from being viewed as outspoken negative cruise bashes and cruise fan boys...that's two different sides of cc....into a useful venue for celebrity. Personally, I'd love to see that happen and I think everyone would benefit.....just not sure that celebrity hq really wants input.

The poll is interesting.....and strengthens my view that opinions expressed here on both sides of issues really should matter to celebrity...and that more celebrity participation would be a plus for everyone.[/quote]
I would have to agree, they could also quash some of the bad rumours as pure specualtion. It would be a great boost for their PR by particiapting in these forums more actively as well.:D

I guess if I only did one cruise a year; kind of a "Trip of a Lifetime" deal, I might book a suite. But with 10 -- 12 weeks of travel every year and three or four cruises thrown in the mix, we always start out in an inside cabin.

On the S-class ships the insides are larger than the Ocean View and Veranda cabins. They have a wider living area, and the ones without a couch feel very roomy. In addition, we sleep better in an inside cabin.

Enjoy!
Kel:)

Apart from the demographics, there is probably another factor that divides cruisers.

Some people make the cruise their vacation so to speak. Others, like us, typically add a cruise to an extended land trip. So we tend to leave our schedule flexible and book closer to the departure date. We are just happy to got the right cruise at the right price at the right time. If it is a balcony cabin-fine, but for the right cruise we would have no issue with an oceanview. Fortunately, it has been balcony cabins for the past five years or so. Edited by iancal

Most people book balconies. Either it is because most of the cabins have them (or conversely, most of the cabins have them because most of the people want them!),

Except for windows on two or three cruises, we always choose an inside. We do longer cruises and the price difference is substantial. We are perfectly content with our inside cabins although I realize that many people can't understand it! We are so used to them by now that even if a balcony cabin is not that much more expensive, we still select the inside.

We often have to spend $$$ on air (no choice) and $$$ on hotels (want a fairly nice one!), so if we can keep the cruise fare down, we do.