Drinks Package rises and Consumer Protection legislation.

Pushka

I suspect the apologists for Celebrity about these changes have more disposable income than those that feel aggrieved. Shareholders defending them I understand: they are putting their interests before the interests of their fellow travellers.

I can afford to travel in Royal suites. But expect to receive what I booked. "Sorry but the price has gone up and you will now be in a Celebrity suite." Not acceptable, just like changes to the contents of my Classic package are not acceptable.

Thank you! I just tried to say the same on the other thread

"Kinda like you booking a balcony cabin...BUT they double booked that cabin (ran out) and you are now in an inside cabin. Hey, it's a cabin, but it happens. Are they the same? Not really, but it works...a place to sleep, bathe, etc. Is that what you're trying to say?"

But they all forgot to say that they were reimbursed for it in the form of a certificate to be used during a certain time frame.

Yes, we did pay $35 to join CC. Yes, we did get a form of a certificate. However, that is like coupons that need to be mailed in to get your refund. Never did get to use ours.

Yes, we did pay $35 to join CC. Yes, we did get a form of a certificate. However, that is like coupons that need to be mailed in to get your refund. Never did get to use ours.

The refund offer was made to reimburse those that paid and they even got a little extra. If you didn't use yours, that is not Celebrity's fault, that is your fault.

The refund offer was made to reimburse those that paid and they even got a little extra. If you didn't use yours, that is not Celebrity's fault, that is your fault.

Did I say it was Celebrity's fault? NO, I did not. So, why even state that? BTW-what was the little extra since I missed it.

Hi all,

After we made recent adjustments to our beverage package, as part of our continual review process, some guests expressed disappointment that their usual drink choice would not be available. With the help of your feedback we've now updated the classic drinks package to increase the choices we offer and our guests can now enjoy over 150 different wines, beers, spirits, and a selection of non-alcoholic choices.

Hi all,

After we made recent adjustments to our beverage package, as part of our continual review process, some guests expressed disappointment that their usual drink choice would not be available. With the help of your feedback we've now updated the classic drinks package to increase the choices we offer and our guests can now enjoy over 150 different wines, beers, spirits, and a selection of non-alcoholic choices.

OK brilliant where can we see this?

Hi all,

Thank you..Mahalo...glad our feedback made some difference. Looking forward to seeing what that is.

Hi all,

Looking forward to the new list.

Edited by insidecabin

I'm not sure how this impacts on USA and UK people, but it seems that the prices of drinks has increased to the extent that many are now no longer included in the classic drinks package.

When selecting this package a few months ago, Celebrity provided a list of drinks available in it. People either paid quite a significant amount or selected this as their promo, or chose not to participate.

Now those drinks may not be available to consume. Australian Consumer legislation is such that I reckon this is not quite legal. You can't switch (or in this case, delete) a product after purchase. I have no idea if this legislation is applicable in other countries. If a person in Australia booked through the Aussie Celebrity site or through an Aussie TA then the Australian laws apply.

I'd be interested to see some comments.

(I need to change the title to read "drink price increase, drink packages etc etc")

My thanks to you Pushka for initiating this thread. Who says you can't fight City Hall? Looking forward to seeing the former scotches back on the list : )

It's good two see celebrity is doing market testing and analysis with changes, and moving things back and forth as they look to settle into the perfect space. That's what a good business does.

No doubt there will still be some offerings not in the packages as before, there will still be unhappy people - otherwise they'd just point to existing lists.

Let's see what the change is and how far back they roll it, and expect further modifications in the coming weeks, and loud disclaimers on the offering pages....hopefully they learned their lesson about not having CLEAR disclaimers everywhere.

cle....your signature stuff is far longer than some of your posts. Have you considered shortening it.

I actually did remove my cruise ship tickers this week to shorten. I tried to do a table format a while ago to go side by side but it never worked and instead added 3 inches of blank space. I know there is a way people can block signatures in the user CP if they like, but I'm not sure how to point people there to do so but imagine it;'s pretty straight forward after a bit of looking around in there.

I like to keep track of my sailings there for various reasons, and added in disclaimers because so many people kept making snarky tongue in cheek comments about shareholder stuff to me, so I adjusted by putting a blanket disclaimer out now so there is no doubt where my opinions are coming from.

I appreciate your comment in any case, and had several people try to help me with the tables privately as well but nothing worked.

OOH! I did figure out how to make the font smaller on some of it hope that helps.

Edited by cle-guy
Found a way to make fonts smaller!

cle....your signature stuff is far longer than some of your posts. Have you considered shortening it.

You can block the signatures, I do it. I did it because it drove me crazy when someone had those ships one after the other and then you had to scroll across the page to read a postl. It works wonders.

I actually did remove my cruise ship tickers this week to shorten. I tried to do a table format a while ago to go side by side but it never worked and instead added 3 inches of blank space. I know there is a way people can block signatures in the user CP if they like, but I'm not sure how to point people there to do so but imagine it;'s pretty straight forward after a bit of looking around in there.

I like to keep track of my sailings there for various reasons, and added in disclaimers because so many people kept making snarky tongue in cheek comments about shareholder stuff to me, so I adjusted by putting a blanket disclaimer out now so there is no doubt where my opinions are coming from.

I appreciate your comment in any case, and had several people try to help me with the tables privately as well but nothing worked.

OOH! I did figure out how to make the font smaller on some of it hope that helps.

It doesn't...

So my choice is to block everyone's signature or block you.....hmmm, I'll have to think about that :) :)

You can block the signatures, I do it. I did it because it drove me crazy when someone had those ships one after the other and then you had to scroll across the page to read a postl. It works wonders.

I actually like the sigs of most people, it gives a sense of ones personality I think. Some have pretty funny moving GIF's and avatars that are creative and unique too. More importantly, it gives a cruise profile so you can interpret a bit their experience and where they are coming from or going to to know if thou can ask targeted questions for specific ships and sailings.

I get lots (eel a few a day) of emails from folks based on the particulars in mine if they want off-line details they don't want to run thru the public forums. In fact just last night, I got one person to come to X versus HAL for an upcoming sailing after answering her specific questions on particular suite types and benefits, questions others here have asked and been knocked down for answering as being inappropriate.

I actually like the sigs of most people, it gives a sense of ones personality I think. Some have pretty funny moving GIF's and avatars that are creative and unique too. More importantly, it gives a cruise profile so you can interpret a bit their experience and where they are coming from or going to to know if thou can ask targeted questions for specific ships and sailings.

I get lots (eel a few a day) of emails from folks based on the particulars in mine if they want off-line details they don't want to run thru the public forums. In fact just last night, I got one person to come to X versus HAL for an upcoming sailing after answering her specific questions on particular suite types and benefits, questions others here have asked and been knocked down for answering as being inappropriate.

I agree with you...but, and it's a big but, those of us who post fairly often with the same long signatures gets annoying as well as filling the CC database with very repetitive info. For those that post occasionally, I don't mind a long signature. For those of us that post fairly often, not quite the same. I eliminated my much longer map of where I've visited in the world for that reason. Just suggesting that since you are very active, you do the same sort of "pruning"

I believe that it is useful for members to include their list of past and planned cruises as this information, along with details of where they are based, helps enable those who reply to provide accurate and useful information.

Perhaps, in view of the current argument, members should also state WHEN they booked their forthcoming cruise. Clearly some people expect to receive precisely what was current at the precise time they booked their cruise. Difficult to see how any cruise line could cope with the logistics of that when we, for example, book cruises up to 2 years in advance and other may book as late as three days before departure.

I can assure everyone that many things change between the date we book our cruises and the date we actually cruise. For our 2011 Canal and South America cruise we booked before Solticisation of M-Class ships was a twinkle in anyone's eye. We boarded immediately after the dry-dock to find so many changes - some for the better, many [especially in the high-end suites] for the worse. If everyone expects to be guaranteed exactly what was in force at the time they booked, Celebrity would never be able to make any changes to their ships, ever. Get real people!

I believe that it is useful for members to include their list of past and planned cruises as this information, along with details of where they are based, helps enable those who reply to provide accurate and useful information.

Perhaps, in view of the current argument, members should also state WHEN they booked their forthcoming cruise. Clearly some people expect to receive precisely what was current at the precise time they booked their cruise. Difficult to see how any cruise line could cope with the logistics of that when we, for example, book cruises up to 2 years in advance and other may book as late as three days before departure.

I can assure everyone that many things change between the date we book our cruises and the date we actually cruise. For our 2011 Canal and South America cruise we booked before Solticisation of M-Class ships was a twinkle in anyone's eye. We boarded immediately after the dry-dock to find so many changes - some for the better, many [especially in the high-end suites] for the worse. If everyone expects to be guaranteed exactly what was in force at the time they booked, Celebrity would never be able to make any changes to their ships, ever. Get real people!

Tell you what...at your suggestion, I'm going to add back that map of where I've been and want to go, add every cruise I've taken and the date I booked it....about 6" on my 24" sceen. Now take a look at how many posts I've made. I don't think anyone, including my DW would want to look at all that identical information that many times. My comment was for those that post often...not for the occasional poster...and most frequent posters, including yourself have relatively short signatures. See my note just above yours.

Edited by ghstudio