Oasis of the Seas – a Photographic Study (over 100 ship pictures)

The Diamond Club looks like a HUGE improvement from the old lounge overlooking the Promenade! This looks like a place that we will actually want to sit in during the day and read!

Did they hold the evening cocktail hour in the new club? Or was it delegated to the alternate venue again?

The Diamond Club looks like a HUGE improvement from the old lounge overlooking the Promenade! This looks like a place that we will actually want to sit in during the day and read!

I agree. Ocean views! Quiet atmosphere. Great upgrade.

Did they hold the evening cocktail hour in the new club? Or was it delegated to the alternate venue again?

Especially since they took away VCL!

Anne the aft grand? I have also booked it for Sept. b2b, will look for your pics,

Yes the aft grand-12330. I wanted the one on 11, but there was no stateroom close for my son and family. They won't be ready though until November. I found this on another forum. Looks like the few weeks in drydock were not enough to get everything done.

oasis changes.pdf

does anyone know if all of these new restaurants will be 100 % up and running for our cruise on the 29th ?? Is the American Icon grill an upcharge restaurant ?? or an extension of the main dining room ??? I tried making a reservation, but the folks i spoke with at RCCL didnt seem to have a clue ....

does anyone know if all of these new restaurants will be 100 % up and running for our cruise on the 29th ?? Is the American Icon grill an upcharge restaurant ?? or an extension of the main dining room ??? I tried making a reservation, but the folks i spoke with at RCCL didnt seem to have a clue ....

If you are talking about the Oasis, DD isn't starting until spring.

At this point, it seems that the only thing that has changed in all three levels of the main dining room is the signage and some decorations. They will be called American Icon Grill, The Grande, and Silk, but will be serving a standard MDR menu until DD begins. All three will remain complimentary, even after DD is instituted. Evidently, some people were able to book MDR early or late seating, while the rest of us have been assigned My Time Dining. I sailed on the Oasis in November 2013 with MTD, and it worked out fine. Although I've been able to book entertainment for our Feb. 21, 2015 cruise, I haven't yet been able to reserve any dining. We won't be eating in any of the up-charge restaurants, so we may just wind up going at whatever time we choose to eat, and see what happens. Edited by Grandma Petania

So no more cupcakes? I really enjoyed those on Allure! Maybe too much...

Cupcakes are sold in the Ice Cream Parlor (which hasn´t been renamed to Cups & Scoops - signage is still the old old).

They are also selling cupcake cook books and do the cupcake decoration classes.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

Thank you for the great pictures and information! We'll be sailing on Oasis for the first time in 23 days. Can't wait! That brilliant post of mine above is because I'm up way too late soaking all of this in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello again from the Lady O! (I'm going to run out of nicknames for her pretty soon...)

We have some sunshine this morning and it's closer to 60° out there - almost balmy in comparison to where we've come from.

99cd1f3286ca6c01a9d04775ef8d3520.jpg

95d56b815f39f9e104ea425aa0e78e5c.jpg

We definitely have more motion this morning but nothing terrible.

a1bc4cf81f776400b1ad782fbfc2f5c1.jpg

bd308638a4a7ddcd119f6178dc0a23a7.jpg

THIS is my current view from an elliptical so I don't turn into the size of a house on this journey.

b27b26f4979424322e86f2b8ab084471.jpg

After following your review and all the pictures we decided to upgrade our May 9 & 16 cabin.

We were on deck 11 near the secret balcony but that went away. We booked GS 11330 so we still have the secret balcony for us and our friends that are in adjoining cabins.

Norine

Woohoo! Love you, Norine! [emoji1]