Whats your best excuse for booking a cruise?

Although it's fun to celebrate a special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary, while on a cruise, we don't need an excuse. I can't think of any other vacation where you can get more "bang for your buck" than a cruise. For us, it's far more relaxing and cheaper than going to the Florida Gulf coast and renting a beach house for a week, which is our next favorite type of vacation.

I just booked one today. Mine is that we just had a new baby in January and need a new family picture taken.

Our most recent excuse is that we are out of Gallon Jug Coffee (Belize Coffee) and we need to restock our freezer. Look out Belize 'the Guidry Sisters' is coming in August!

We booked our first one to celebrate my fiancee completing is first semester of graduate school. He ended up proposing on the cruise, so obviously we celebrated that too. Our next cruise is a winter getaway (our last two winters have been terrible! Even though it's may we were under a frost advisory last night) We'll also be celebrating buying our first house and me completing my first semester of the best nursing program in Minnesota. We're in the midst of planning two more for 2016. They will probably be just to relax after a stressful holiday season (6 Christmases in four days is not fun!) I think we're addicted now :eek:

Like others, I think cruising has become my "drug of choice" with the whole planning process a good booster as well! We now cruise for pretty much any reason that a member of the family can come up with - therapy, birthdays, anniversary, graduation - you name it, we're cruising! :D

I do not believe that I have ever needed an "excuse" for booking a cruise; but, since you asked, I realize that I've always had a "reason" for booking a cruise. As I recall, my reason for booking the one we are now looking forward to was that it was a Tuesday (or was it a Wednesday?).

We had a 15 night Panama Canal cruise booked for March of '15. After our last cruise in Feb. we decided we had best cancel it as we are building a house and thought better about spending the money. As March and April have gone past - I was a bit depressed without something on the books so we booked a British Isles cruise for Aug., '15. Let the planning begin :D:D

I just booked one today. Mine is that we just had a new baby in January and need a new family picture taken.

Lol!Our grown daughter loves cruising so it is a good choice to take a family trip with her. We also cruise for big anniversaries-we cruised to celebrate out 15th,20th, 25th and 30th so far!

A few times we have cruised to cruise with friends, sometimes it is simply our vacation, no special reason.

To get far far away from work and get called about random things.

Oh yes, poor hubby gets that too. I often wonder what the heck they would do if he dropped dead,since it seems that some think he is the only one to fix problems. If we are in the US they still contact him by his cell and he has to say he is away from home and so has no access to his work laptop- that so-so is the standby/contact person this week-lol! he loves that his cell does not work when we are out in the ocean!