Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okie1946

We just received an offer from HAL that seems almost too good to be true.

We are booked for a LAND/SEA cruise joining the Volendam on the 14th of June. Will be on the ship for 4 nights (14th through 17th) so we chose a cabin on the Promenade Deck - feeling that would be the lowest priced cabin that we would be the most comfortable in.

HAL has contacted us, offering us an upgrade from our HH cabin on the Promenade deck to a BC (Veranda Suite). Unfortunately, the only BC suites on the Volendam are directly under the Sea View Pool. We have read about other cruisers having those rooms and how they were very noisy late into the night and early in the morning.

Does anyone know anything about the noise level in those rooms and do you think the cost of $29.00 per person is worth it for just 4 nights?

Thanks for a quick response.

Okie

I would grab it. You will be in Alaska, not a hot weather location so the chances of people being out on deck late into the night are very slim. You may get some noise earlier in the morning, but I doubt it as deck chairs are not the

Edited by 1of4

That is super, super cheap. Grab it before it's gone. It could be gone already.

Hubby finally made a decision and said go for it. The offer was gone.

No biggy - we are only going to be on board for 4 nights - joining the ship in Skagway after spending 10 days on land.

But it was nice that we even got the offer. So now we know that they really do exist.

Okie

Hubby finally made a decision and said go for it. The offer was gone.

No biggy - we are only going to be on board for 4 nights - joining the ship in Skagway after spending 10 days on land.

But it was nice that we even got the offer. So now we know that they really do exist.

Okie

Sorry you missed out. Offers like that don't last long. You'll have a wonderful time I'm sure.

We just received an offer from HAL that seems almost too good to be true.

We are booked for a LAND/SEA cruise joining the Volendam on the 14th of June. Will be on the ship for 4 nights (14th through 17th) so we chose a cabin on the Promenade Deck - feeling that would be the lowest priced cabin that we would be the most comfortable in.

HAL has contacted us, offering us an upgrade from our HH cabin on the Promenade deck to a BC (Veranda Suite). Unfortunately, the only BC suites on the Volendam are directly under the Sea View Pool. We have read about other cruisers having those rooms and how they were very noisy late into the night and early in the morning.

Does anyone know anything about the noise level in those rooms and do you think the cost of $29.00 per person is worth it for just 4 nights?

Thanks for a quick response.

Okie

It's only four days on the ship to rest up and you will have a wonderful land tour. Just for reference, the BC suites are generally sold as a guarantee so you could have been anywhere if they did not specify a specific room.

When I started this thread 9 days ago, I was really undecided about the upsell that was offered to us. So I snoozed and we lost the opportunity to get a veranda cabin that was located at the aft of the ship.

This post is to let everyone know that sometimes, even the upsell fairy will forgive you and allow a person to have a second chance.

We received an e-mail yesterday from HAL offering us another upsell deal - Veranda - Class A. Didn't stop to think about it or even ask the DH. I just called and said go for it. We were assigned an amazing location - mid-ship, 6 cabins from the launderette and 4 cabins the other way to the elevator. Exactly where we like to be.

The best part of the whole deal - - - - $29.00 each - total $58.00

WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!!

To be honest - I would not have gone for it a second time - had I not had the encouragement from everyone.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Okie

Edited by Okie1946

When I started this thread 9 days ago, I was really undecided about the upsell that was offered to us. So I snoozed and we lost the opportunity to get a veranda cabin that was located at the aft of the ship.

This post is to let everyone know that sometimes, even the upsell fairy will forgive you and allow a person to have a second chance.

We received an e-mail yesterday from HAL offering us another upsell deal - Veranda - Class A. Didn't stop to think about it or even ask the DH. I just called and said go for it. We were assigned an amazing location - mid-ship, 6 cabins from the launderette and 4 cabins the other way to the elevator. Exactly where we like to be.

WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!!

To be honest - I would not have gone for it a second time - had I not had the encouragement from everyone.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Okie

OKIE - congrats on a great deal. We were just on the Volendam, deck 7 midship, and it is a great location due to the mid-ship elevators/stairs. It was a great cruise on a fine ship, so I am certain you will have a great time!

DaveOKC

WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Okie

Good for you and what a smokin' deal! Have a wonderful time.

Sorry you missed out on the great upsale. A few years ago I said yes to an upsell to a suite and asked if I could get it for my friends too. They said yes as along as I paid for it right then. I paid and we were all happy I said yes on the spot and didn't ask what the 3 other people wanted to do.

Sorry you missed out on the great upsale. A few years ago I said yes to an upsell to a suite and asked if I could get it for my friends too. They said yes as along as I paid for it right then. I paid and we were all happy I said yes on the spot and didn't ask what the 3 other people wanted to do.

Celebrating because we got the up sell the 2nd time around. The up sell fairy forgave us for ignoring her the first time.

We are getting so close to leaving - have really started counting down the days.

11 and a wake up.

Okie

WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Okie

What a great upsell.......Congratulations.

Best Wishes for a fabulous cruise.