Getting Wine Glasses on Princess for a Sale-Away Party

trbarton

I'm having a sale-away party for some of my friends. I have read about asking the room steward for wine glasses but what about going to a bar or asking at the MDR where we will been having lunch?

Anybody asked for wine glasses and if so where did you get them from?

Thanks!

Tom:)

We have had a few parties in our mini suite over the years and we have always asked our room steward for the extra wine glasses. Our Room Stewards have always been very obliging and brought us whatever we wanted including champagne glasses as well when they have been requested.

Jennie

I'm having a sale-away party for some of my friends. I have read about asking the room steward for wine glasses but what about going to a bar or asking at the MDR where we will been having lunch?

Anybody asked for wine glasses and if so where did you get them from?

Thanks!

Room stewards get wine glasses from room service so when I call room service to exchange our minibar setup I also request my wine glasses. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Room service can do it easily but you can also just ask at any bar, I have done that in the past.:D

Not at any bar, only at ones that serve wine, e.g. Crooners Bar, Vines

Just off a one-night cruise. We brought on wine and were having a sail away party on our balcony. Two friends asked their steward who brought them glasses right away (I think they were very lucky since typically the stewards are extremely busy on embarkation day). My husband just went to the closest bar to our cabin and brought back glasses.

Don't forget a corkscrew if you don't have twist-top wine!

I'm in the main dinning room for lunch. Would that be a place to ask?

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Asking the Room Steward might work as long as their not extremely busy and give them a nice tip at the time.

I'm in the main dinning room for lunch. Would that be a place to ask?

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Asking the Room Steward might work as long as their not extremely busy and give them a nice tip at the time.

You could try, they may say ask RS.

Room service can do it easily but you can also just ask at any bar, I have done that in the past.:D

+1

Room stewards sometimes make it sound like an outrageous request. However, I notice that once you get the wine glasses in your room, they always swap used glasses out and replace them with clean stems.

We've always asked for wine glasses in the MDR. Never had a problem; they're always so nice. They also give us one of those fancy insulated wine buckets full of ice if we ask - those things keep ice very well :)

On our 28 day cruise on the Golden in April the room steward did not agree to get me one wine glass. When I requested one from bars the gave them to me reluctantly - when we took one from Lido they complained??? Karen

On our 28 day cruise on the Golden in April the room steward did not agree to get me one wine glass. When I requested one from bars the gave them to me reluctantly - when we took one from Lido they complained??? Karen

Just order a glass of wine and mosey about. Then drop it off in your room.:D I have done this and when Stewart cleans up he removes the dirty ones and replaces them. That was on the Ruby.:):)

Just order a glass of wine and mosey about. Then drop it off in your room.:D I have done this and when Stewart cleans up he removes the dirty ones and replaces them. That was on the Ruby.:):)

That works for a glass or two but for a sailaway, I would imagine they want more like 6 glasses. Still, there should not be any issues getting them.:D