Room Service Breakfast

sail7seas

In full suites we have had no problem getting anything we asked for including Eggs Bennie, blueberry waffles, etc. On two ships so far, always warm and always on time. Pretty impressive compared to some other lines.:D

Edited by Jim Avery

Thanks for your answer.

You might wish to know HAL provides that for all category cabins.

We are always in their Neptune Suites and HAL does a good job with Room Service Breakfast but I was curious about Princess.

Does Princess offer Room Service full, hot breakfast?

To All Cabins?

To Suites?

Only available with a full suite, not a mini-suite or other cabin type. :(

Available to all cabins is a continental breakfast with the addition of a McMuffin-type egg sandwich. On the other hand, unlike HAL, the buffet is open for a full meal from about 6am-11pm. It doesn't close.

Edited by Pam in CA

And thank you for the Boston Strong in your signature. :)
You're welcome. I lived in the Boston area for 35 years, stood on Boylston Street near the finish of the Marathon many times and worked for a while at MIT around the corner from where Officer Sean Collier was killed so I feel very strongly about Boston. :) FYI, I'm a 3-star Mariner on HAL and haven't found a logo since Joanie's site went down. Where can I find one?

Here's what the room service breakfast hang tag looks like. This is all that's technically offered unless you're in a suite. However, as others have said, if you write in hot items, chances are you will get them. But I've never tried.

14266198882_d39382626a_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Thank you for posting the cabin breakfast menu. It has been a while since we sailed on Princess.

HAL starts their breakfast cabin service at 6 AM and the last service is from 9:30 - 10 AM.

Here's what the room service breakfast hang tag looks like. This is all that's technically offered unless you're in a suite. However, as others have said, if you write in hot items, chances are you will get them. But I've never tried.

14266198882_d39382626a_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Do they accept request for a 5.30am breakfast delivery? Some port of calls are as early as 6am or so

Do they accept request for a 5.30am breakfast delivery? Some port of calls are as early as 6am or so

For us, we never fill out the breakfast card......instead we just call when we wake up.

You may want to call room service and inquire about the 5:30 time;)

For us, we never fill out the breakfast card......instead we just call when we wake up.

You may want to call room service and inquire about the 5:30 time;)

And therein may be the basis for Princess implementing a $3 charge.

I don't completely object to that charge if it's an unscheduled delivery from a phoned-in request. But I do object to a delivery charge for the cabin breakfast menu via the hanging-on-the-cabin-door card. That delivery comes via a cart rolling up/down the hall with multiple planned orders, much like a hospital meal tray cart does.

To us, there is a difference between the two.

And therein may be the basis for Princess implementing a $3 charge.

I don't completely object to that charge if it's an unscheduled delivery from a phoned-in request. But I do object to a delivery charge for the cabin breakfast menu via the hanging-on-the-cabin-door card. That delivery comes via a cart rolling up/down the hall with multiple planned orders, much like a hospital meal tray cart does.

To us, there is a difference between the two.

I heard about this $3 charge.

For those of you who do tip the person who delivers your breakfast (or anything else for that matter) -- will you continue to give a tip on top of the service charge?

We have been on 18 Princess cruises and we do write in Hot oatmeal. We tip whenever we have room service between $2-$3. I will not be happy if they start charging for room service and in the long run they will lose money as people will tip less. Also early risers will feel compelled to bring coffee making supplies on board!!!!!

Hi Pam,

>the buffet is open for a full meal from about 6am-11pm.

Do you know if I will be permitted to bring a tray from the buffet back to my cabin?

Ira

There are no trays but you can bring large plates back to your cabin.