Slow Sea Princess

Has anyone heard anything??? I've just checked the shipping schedule and now Sea Princess isn't due to leave Sydney until 1/10. I'm waiting to hear back from my travel agent who is ringing Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh no!! :confused:

Shows that it leaves dry dock 5:30 on 1/10 and then leaves Whitebay cruise terminal at 16:00 later that day - destination Auckland...crap!

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, I HOPE IT'S WRONG!!!!

Edited by Hazydavo

Ok, I've just heard from the TA. Princess don't know where that website gets it's info from and are looking into it. As far as they (Princess) are aware, we are still scheduled to depart on Monday. My TA asked the rep when is the latest they will notify about changes or cancellations and she was told 'the day of'. So, Monday is going to be an interesting day. Here's hoping we get on the ship and all is well.

Ok, I've just heard from the TA. Princess don't know where that website gets it's info from and are looking into it. As far as they (Princess) are aware, we are still scheduled to depart on Monday. My TA asked the rep when is the latest they will notify about changes or cancellations and she was told 'the day of'. So, Monday is going to be an interesting day. Here's hoping we get on the ship and all is well.

Wow, on the day, that's great :rolleyes:

YES, FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Shows that it leaves dry dock 5:30 on 1/10 and then leaves Whitebay cruise terminal at 16:00 later that day - destination Auckland...crap!

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, I HOPE IT'S WRONG!!!!

27/09/2014 12:00CAPTAIN COOK DRY IN(ICCD)SEA PRINCESSPassenger VesselBrisbane

This is from http://shipschedule.sydneyports.com.au/Marineoperations/movements.asp

Sydney ports site still has departure of Sea Princess from drydock at 1200hrs on 27th.

As this has not changed for several days it is unlikely that repairs are going slower or there have been any other problems.

The ships agent will notify the pilots if the departure needs to change & they will advise the agent a new sailing time depending on traffic.

This is how the system works.

Running-in the replaced stern tube bearing & the repaired generator crank shaft will result in an initial slower speed but it should increase as they go north.

Sydney ports site still has departure of Sea Princess from drydock at 1200hrs on 27th.

As this has not changed for several days it is unlikely that repairs are going slower or there have been any other problems.

The ships agent will notify the pilots if the departure needs to change & they will advise the agent a new sailing time depending on traffic.

This is how the system works.

Running-in the replaced stern tube bearing & the repaired generator crank shaft will result in an initial slower speed but it should increase as they go north.

Thanks guys, just went in again now and it's showing 27/9 departure to Brisbane. GOOD NEWS!

27/09/2014 12:00 CAPTAIN COOK DRY IN(ICCD) SEA PRINCESS Passenger Vessel Brisbane

http://shipschedule.sydneyports.com.au/marineoperations/movements.asp

Someone is watching this thread, or the TA got onto them to fix it! The latter I suspect ;)

Edited by Hazydavo

Over the weekend I was doing a bit of searching of roll calls for the Sea Princess next cruise the 29 Sept cruise to NZ and I came across this photo on Facebook of a crankshaft

New_crank.JPG

This could be the new crankshaft that's going in to the Sea Princess

This photo is supposed to be from Wärtsilä the Sea Princess engine manufacturer.

Thanks guys, just went in again now and it's showing 27/9 departure to Brisbane. GOOD NEWS!

27/09/2014 12:00 CAPTAIN COOK DRY IN(ICCD) SEA PRINCESS Passenger Vessel Brisbane

Someone is watching this thread, or the TA got onto them to fix it! The latter I suspect ;)

Maybe both.:rolleyes:

Gee they are cutting it close!

Considering they have sold cruises with altered itineraries without publicising it previously, I wouldn't be relying on them selling thus cruise still, as an indicator that things are going well!

Btw, another work collegue has parents on this cruise, so that's now 3x diff parties sailing out that I know of! :)