Slow Sea Princess

Joker_aus ey...1st post. Right! Hardyharhar....

We have no way of validating the legitimacy of this message.

However it is certain that, if a significant itinerary change has been made and financial recompense is involved, all booked passengers and their travel agents will be notified directly by Princess.

We suggest that all booked passengers who have not received any notification contact your travel agent immediately, or if you booked directly with Princess tthat you contact princess immediately. Be sure you have your booking number when you call.

The people in Sydney can try and organise the cancellation of their first leg of the round trip but may well incur some costs. Princess should cover these costs.

For the people who normally reside in Sydney but are already in Brisbane (i.e. went up early) they should be put up in accommodation and flown down as per everyone else.

The people in Sydney can try and organise the cancellation of their first leg of the round trip but may well incur some costs. Princess should cover these costs.

For the people who normally reside in Sydney but are already in Brisbane (i.e. went up early) they should be put up in accommodation and flown down as per everyone else.

made an error in my post

Edited by rkmw

As I understand it, the original plan was for the SP to leave Sydney tomorrow (Sat) and be in Bne for departure on Monday. This would give them some chance to check all the repairs...it is not exactly a minor job they have had to do.

New plans mean they will get to sail a few Klms down Syd harbour...not exactly a shakedown trip.

It worries me that they will get half way across the Tasman and some fault will be found.:eek:

If it was me I'd be cancelling. :(

As I understand it, the original plan was for the SP to leave Sydney tomorrow (Sat) and be in Bne for departure on Monday. This would give them some chance to check all the repairs...it is not exactly a minor job they have had to do.

New plans mean they will get to sail a few Klms down Syd harbour...not exactly a shakedown trip.

It worries me that they will get half way across the Tasman and some fault will be found.:eek:

Exactly my thoughts ,, Happy I'm not on it!:)

I dunno... if something serious happened early on in the trip, I'm sure they'll treat those already on it fairly (unless they're from Sydney :p ) given there's already been disruption i.e. if they had to abort after a couple of days I'd expect a full refund. Similarly if something was so bad they lost half the ports (which is hard to envisage).

I don't really think people have much downside at this stage of the game i.e. it's a bit late to get leave back or make alternate plans

We have no way of validating the legitimacy of this message.

However it is certain that, if a significant itinerary change has been made and financial recompense is involved, all booked passengers and their travel agents will be notified directly by Princess.

It's also been corroborated by kiwi_cruiser e.g. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44226640&postcount=543

Probably not according to the schedule.

Glad I'm not on it. I would have thought after such major repair, a sea trial would be essential to make sure the engine would perform as expected.

Sydney Ports Departures and Arrivals have been updated to reflect the new schedule:

21/09/2014 09:19 CAPTAIN COOK DRY IN-( ICCD ) SEA PRINCESS Passenger Vessel Fremantle/Tauranga

30/09/2014 12:00 CAPTAIN COOK DRY IN(ICCD) SEA PRINCESS Passenger Vessel WHITE BAY CRUISE TERMINAL

30/09/2014 19:00 WHITE BAY CRUISE TERMINAL(WHT5) SEA PRINCESS Passenger Vessel Tauranga

Edited by Scanorama

One Oz On Line TA (which tends to "find" things) is selling this cruise with new itinerary. Blurb says it departs Sydney on Tuesday 30th, misses Auckland and sails straight to Tauranga. The "map" has also been updated to show SeaP departs Sydney and returns to Brisbane... which actually looks very unusual. Prices seem ok, but nothing special.

cheers

One Oz On Line TA (which tends to "find" things) is selling this cruise with new itinerary. Blurb says it departs Sydney on Tuesday 30th, misses Auckland and sails straight to Tauranga. The "map" has also been updated to show SeaP departs Sydney and returns to Brisbane... which actually looks very unusual. Prices seem ok, but nothing special.

cheers

Princess is still showing it as a 14 day cruise departing Brisbane and including Auckland. Naughty Princess!

Considering the Bass Strait is considered to be one of the roughest stretches of water in the world, I'd wanna know the repairs were good to go! ;)

Bass strait is between Vic and Tas.

Sydney to NZ you cross the Tasman.

Still rough though!:)

Bass strait is between Vic and Tas.

Sydney to NZ you cross the Tasman.

Still rough though!:)

Agreed, where the Tasman meets the Pacific causes the same issues as the Southern meeting the Tasman. either way, I would like to think the ship's engine was tested and would not imperil the safety of the passengers.:D

Our cruise virgin friends booked the lowest IF grade interior on this cruise & have been upgraded to O/V - O5 grade! That's up 10 grades.

Looks like there have been a lot of cancellations.

Sea Princess like nearly every cruise ship these days is Diesel-Electric drive.

SP has four 11520kw Sulzer generators that power 2 electric motors on twin shafts with 6 bladed propellers.

Repairs have been done to ONE generator that had to have a replacement crank shaft made for it in Europe.

Also one propeller shaft bearing was renewed.

Sea trials are not need as the units will be run up to speed as per the manufacturers recommendations.