Slow Sea Princess

Good to see Sea Princess has been repaired, Princess Cruises has received some flack over the issue, much of it uncalled for. Ships do break down, like any other mechanical device. I think some cruisers have gone over the top with their attacks on Princess.

Those who missed their cruises have been very fairly compensated in my opinion. One of my golfing friends who had his Sea Princess cruise shortened from Fremantle a few weeks ago is more than happy with the compo, OBC, future cruise discounts etc.

God bless Sea Princess and all who sail in her.

Still heading out slowly at 6 knots...

The seas just north east of the heads can be tricky with swells, etc, (Pacific meeting Tasman). It will be a good test of her performance for her going in and out without getting out too far that a rescue or limp would leave her vulnerable.

Yes :) :D

Welcome to the club! :D:cool:

Just know that ship stalking is almost as bad as cruising and want makes you want to do MORE cruises ;) :eek:

Kiwi cruiser, hi, did you get the email I sent you 5 days ago? I am still on the century. Do you think the Princess will be operational on 13 of October. I truly appreciate your help.

Lydia

Kiwi cruiser, hi, did you get the email I sent you 5 days ago? I am still on the century. Do you think the Princess will be operational on 13 of October. I truly appreciate your help. Lydia

Yes, I did :), Will send you a e-mail in the next day or so....

And yes, at the moment, it looks like the 13th October. 2014 cruise will go ahead.

Will let you know if I hear any more.

Sea Princess is showing up again on Marine Traffic. She looks like she is heading in towards the heads at Sydney. The info box has her arriving Sydney at 09.00 UTC time. I think thats 7pm Sydney time. Looks like they are planning a Saturday night sail in to show her off ?.:D

Wonder if she will dock or go back into drydock?

What time does Dawn Princess sail out?

For those who did not know , they will think its the same ship going and coming back again.

:D

Sea Princess is showing up again on Marine Traffic. She looks like she is heading in towards the heads at Sydney. The info box has her arriving Sydney at 09.00 UTC time. I think thats 7pm Sydney time. Looks like they are planning a Saturday night sail in to show her off ?.:D

Wonder if she will dock or go back into drydock?

What time does Dawn Princess sail out?

For those who did not know , they will think its the same ship going and coming back again.

:D

I imagine that they would have to do a restock of provisions etc, while back in port before heading up to Brisbane for the 13th.:D

The two ships would look probably confuse a few people.:rolleyes:

I imagine that they would have to do a restock of provisions etc, while back in port before heading up to Brisbane for the 13th.:D

The two ships would look probably confuse a few people.:rolleyes:

I think the re-stocking might be done in Brisbane. The Sea Princess is operating out of Brisbane for the next several months and the re-provisioning would have already been organised before this last disruption to the schedule occurred.

I think the re-stocking might be done in Brisbane. The Sea Princess is operating out of Brisbane for the next several months and the re-provisioning would have already been organised before this last disruption to the schedule occurred.

Yes of course, I meant for the week or so to get to Brisbane, they wouldn't have had anything much since Freo, unless the stocked up when in drydock.:)

Yes of course, I meant for the week or so to get to Brisbane, they wouldn't have had anything much since Freo, unless the stocked up when in drydock.:)

Shouldn't be any need just for a week.

Provisions can last for many months.

Also on the Dawn now ,as we sailed out of the heads we could see the Sea princess heading back in . Once the pilot was off we came to a stop and the pilot headed over to board the Sea.

It was if captains had a moment with the two ships meeting just outside the heads.