Adventure S Caribbean opinions

Just back from Allure & having PCD so now looking to book southern Caribbean on Adventure for Sept or Oct 2015. Are these itineraries exhausting with so many ports? One of the itineraries does Aruba & Curacao with an additional sea day. Any thoughts from those of you that have done this would be appreciated. Per person cost for a balcony isn't so great but with our balcony discount & BOGO it's a great price. Took the adult kids on Allure but I think this one will be just DH & I.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The itinerary can be tiring, especially the one with 5 ports. I believe one of those has a sea day at the beginning and then 5 ports. I'd prefer the one with the sea day at the end, but I'm not sure if that's still offered.

On the intinerary with 5 ports, we sometimes stay onboard during one or two of the stops, basically making a sea day out of it.

I am booked for October 2015 for the Aruba Route. I got a real good deal for my balcony. Having done the BArbados Route on Serenade, I find the balcony prices much cheaper than the Eastern or Western prices on Freedom, Allure or Oasis. I guess maybe it's becasue of the Price of Air Fare to get to San Juan! When we did the Barbados Route with all the port stops, it was tiring but we managed and had a good time! :cool:

Edited by bigque

Its only exhausting if you let it be.:D We are fine with daily port stops or extra sea days. We cruise to enjoy and relax so we do not even try to do something at every port. We check out in advance what each has to offer and then select accordingly. Since we cruise the Caribbean a lot we know that we will have future opportunities to visit a location so we get off at those that interest us the most. I really like the itinerary that includes Aruba and Curacao.

Its funny you posted this because for the past 6 days I been back and fourth whether we should next go to the southern caribbean out of san juan.

The idea sounds fabulous, this would be our family trip next year, we are 7 adults in four staterooms. I am tired of the same old ports over and over again and considered the Adventure, even did the pricing down to choosing staterooms. I thought it be nice to fly into San Juan 3 days before the cruise and sightsee around the island then go on the Adventure to wonderful ports. Then I was tossing back and fourth St. Lucia/Barbados or the Curacao/Aruba back and fourth nonstop for three days, then I did my research and thought of what I really wanted to see and do, which is sightseeing is more important to me as 5 out of 7 of us don't like the sun and beach...with that thought we dismissed the Curacao/Aruba as the other itinerary gave us more things to see such as waterfalls, caves, foliage scenery, pitons, etc.

I did my research on San Juan and found you can just about see it all there in two days, then thought its the same stuff as I will see in St. Lucia/Barbados only a different island.....talked to my other half who put some sense in me. He said, what was most important on our last cruise two weeks ago is it ports or the ship. I thought about that hard, back and fourth saying ports be nice to see different things but your only there for a few hours, then he mentioned how we love sea days, how would I feel waking up each morning to be at land for the entire day.....I thought about that and admit the ship is what matters most. With this being said we agreed together to dismiss going on the Adventure.

Then I said what about a different cruise line, there is the brand new Regal Princess that just took her maiden voyage this month, and then there is the Celebrity Silhouette. Celebrity offers much better food when it comes to quality and variety, everybody raves about the food on that cruise line and I saw the buffets omgosh amazing!! Well, this was exciting until my father in law doesn't want to wear dress pants in the main dining room, its ok we can do specialty dining as we did 7 nights on the Allure but I want the dining room as the food is above RC there....so now I am keeping this in mind, why he can't put on a pair of pants for a couple of hours is beyond me!!! Then I thought of the Regal Princess oh she is beautiful and I have been on Princess and love Princess...so now we are down to going on the Oasis as a family trip next year or the Regal Princess. We love cruising in the early month of May but Princess last cruise to the caribbean is on April 18th the ship leaves to another destination...so hopefully today we make a decision, by the way, I left it up to my other half, I just have enough of 7 days going nuts where I am going to go and which ship. He will let me know by the end of today he said.

So with your question,, think of what I said, ports or ship, do you want to wake p every morning seeing land, do you really feel that some of the ports are worth going some you may seen already or are similar to St. Thomas/St. Maarten...do you love sea days? Also, when the ship is in port everything on the ship closes it gets boring, so let me know what you decide, I am curious.

I don't know whether you have children and if so what their ages are, if they are very young, going on and off for six days in ports can be tiring for sure.

Edited by lyndamr

My boyfriend and I booked a cruise on the Adventure for January 2015. I’ve just now started researching the ports and excursions. The common theme that I’m seeing is beach or snorkel. Anyone have any other suggestions? Also, what island is best for scuba: St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, or Curacao?

Thanks

My boyfriend and I booked a cruise on the Adventure for January 2015. I’ve just now started researching the ports and excursions. The common theme that I’m seeing is beach or snorkel. Anyone have any other suggestions? Also, what island is best for scuba: St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, or Curacao?

Thanks

Don't know about scuba, but Curacao was outstanding for snorkeling.

We've done them both but absolutely recommend Aruba, Curacao, St Kitts, and St Thomas! That being said, there is no such thing as a bad cruise so it's all in whether or not you like sea days (I love them) and whether or not the ports are new to you.

Different from the eastern. More tropical and lush. Many other things to do besides Beach. Just need to research.you are not always in port in the morning and often you leave in the afternoon and have a remainder of the day like a sea day. You can also stay on ship and the spa packages are discounted. Our favorite itinerary. The Adventure wasn't bad.we had an aft balcony. Sailing the southern on the jewel next.:D

Just back from Allure & having PCD so now looking to book southern Caribbean on Adventure for Sept or Oct 2015. Are these itineraries exhausting with so many ports? One of the itineraries does Aruba & Curacao with an additional sea day. Any thoughts from those of you that have done this would be appreciated. Per person cost for a balcony isn't so great but with our balcony discount & BOGO it's a great price. Took the adult kids on Allure but I think this one will be just DH & I.

Also just back from the Western Allure cruise and, having done Eastern on the Allure last year we're also looking at the Southern route. My parents went on the Adventure 2 years ago and they went to Curacao and Aruba. They absolutely loved Aruba. Anyone have any opinions of which ship they prefer... Adventure or Jewel... for this route?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I agree with the poster above who said it's only exhausting if you let it be. We've done both routes, and the 7-day cruise with 5 islands was a bit much for me. It was only our second cruise, and we tried to do everything back then, so we exhausted ourselves. Now we know better, and how to plan better as well.

That said, we love the southern routes out of San Juan on Adventure. For us, it gets us to the warm temperatures immediately, and the ABC islands are a treat, among others.

I read a review of someone who did a B2B on a southern route (I think it was a longer cruise from Florida - not from San Juan) and they made every day a beach day basically by finding either a good beach or hotel to camp out at for the day on land.

You can choose to do excursions or just do what they did. You can make it as relaxing or adventurous as you want!

I debated that too for the longest time thinking 5 ports will be way too much for a 7 day cruise. But we are going for it in May 2015, on the Adventure. We are going to have a few low key days of course. I am just super excited to see some different ports Minus St Martens which ive been too once and enjoyed

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Southern Caribbean. For us, cruising is all about the ports, we love port intensive cruises. Going on Adventure the next 2 Aprils. Just did Southern this April so will be 3 years in a row on the Southern route.

We love Allure and Oasis, but our biggest issue is too many sea days. We want to be in ports on amazing beaches, not sitting on a ship for days on end.

It took me a long time to decide on the San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Sea Day route. It was such a hard choice but I wanted a longer stop in San Juan than what the ships offer and St. Maarten is a favorite stop. I read the reviews of the ports and finally decided on this one. I do not think you can make a bad choice from any of the itineraries.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Southern Caribbean. For us, cruising is all about the ports, we love port intensive cruises. Going on Adventure the next 2 Aprils. Just did Southern this April so will be 3 years in a row on the Southern route.

We love Allure and Oasis, but our biggest issue is too many sea days. We want to be in ports on amazing beaches, not sitting on a ship for days on end.

I definitely agree! We did the Jewell in April with 5 ports and I'd much rather have the option to get off the ship and explore even if it's for a short time than be stuck on a pool deck for days! But I know some people are happy to sit by a pool for days on end we aren't in that group unless we want to end up in the loony bin!