MS Noordam coming to Australia 2015/2016 Season

It is now confirmed that the MS Noordam will be featured in its Australian Summer season in 2015/2015. New changes include 15 night New Zealand Cruises and 12 and 13 night South Pacific cruises. Check out the Holland America Website.

Great, the more companies cruising the more likelyhood of competitive prices.:D

I wish some of them would do more runs up to Bora Bora and stuff. Only line doing that is Princess and they charge a lot on the old girls. They could do it as a 20 day run.

I wish they would do longer cruises also.

With a bit of imagination, they could do a fly/cruise arrangement, via the interesting South Pacific Islands to Hawaii. These could be marketed as one way Aus, via NZ, to Hawaii, or Hawaii, via NZ, to Aus, or round trip, with a different itinerary each way.

It is easy for Australians to fly to Hawaii and not too expensive to make it viable. They would need to have a higher luggage allowance from Hawaii to Australia though to bring home all the shopping! :)

I wish they would do longer cruises also.

With a bit of imagination, they could do a fly/cruise arrangement, via the interesting South Pacific Islands to Hawaii. These could be marketed as one way Aus, via NZ, to Hawaii, or Hawaii, via NZ, to Aus, or round trip, with a different itinerary each way.

It is easy for Australians to fly to Hawaii and not too expensive to make it viable. They would need to have a higher luggage allowance from Hawaii to Australia though to bring home all the shopping! :)

Agreed, some of Tahiti and back would be grand.:D

Agree we almost booked the 35 nighted out to the islands but would rather do this on a bigger ship with anytime dining. We did consider flying to LA and doing the Tahiti and Hawaii on the crown (28 Nights) as the savings in cruise fare would nearly pay for flights to LA.

Agree we almost booked the 35 nighted out to the islands but would rather do this on a bigger ship with anytime dining. We did consider flying to LA and doing the Tahiti and Hawaii on the crown (28 Nights) as the savings in cruise fare would nearly pay for flights to LA.

It is best to keep shopping around until you find the right cruise itinerary on the right ship for you.:D

I may've heard somewhere that P&O might be looking at doing that sort of itinerary (out to Tahiti/French Polynesia) when they have five ships... ;)

I think that's very unlikely as P & O are going more and more into the 3-7 nights and leaving the longer stuff to Princess.

I'd like to see more cruises visiting Norfolk Is, PNG and the Solomons. They are all within the range of 12-14 nighters. And some new ports in NZ. Instead of always visiting Dunedin, Auckland, Wellington, etc what about Invercargill, Greymouth, Gisborne, etc? We did one HAl cruise that stopped at Stewart Is and another that went into New Plymouth but nobody seems to want to repeat these.

I think that's very unlikely as P & O are going more and more into the 3-7 nights and leaving the longer stuff to Princess.

I'd like to see more cruises visiting Norfolk Is, PNG and the Solomons. They are all within the range of 12-14 nighters. And some new ports in NZ. Instead of always visiting Dunedin, Auckland, Wellington, etc what about Invercargill, Greymouth, Gisborne, etc? We did one HAl cruise that stopped at Stewart Is and another that went into New Plymouth but nobody seems to want to repeat these.

We were on a cruise that stopped at Stewart Island, it was a lovely port of call.

Occasionally HAL does call at Gisborne and Picton.

They could also include Timaru.

Seen the itineraries for the Noordam looks like the same they do every year on HAL. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Someone else said they'd seen the itineraries but all I can find on the HAL website is one departure on Dec 05. Where did you see the full schedule?

I was just looking at a P & O brochure from 1970 and they regularly had two week cruises that visited ports like Vavau, Nuku'alofa, Pago Pago, Rabaul and Honiara so why do we have to put up with the continual repeats of around NZ or Vanuatu/New Caledonia? I must confess that I am a ports person and tendering off nothing spots like Mystery Island and Champagne Bay do nothing for me, and I think I've now been around NZ six times so am hankering to visit a few new ports but limited in time to fly across the globe.

I was just looking at a P & O brochure from 1970 and they regularly had two week cruises that visited ports like Vavau, Nuku'alofa, Pago Pago, Rabaul and Honiara so why do we have to put up with the continual repeats of around NZ or Vanuatu/New Caledonia? I must confess that I am a ports person and tendering off nothing spots like Mystery Island and Champagne Bay do nothing for me, and I think I've now been around NZ six times so am hankering to visit a few new ports but limited in time to fly across the globe.

A few years ago we did 28 days on Pacific Pearl to Norfolk Island ( which we couldn't land at) , Nuku'alofa, Vava'u, Raratonga, Papeete (overnight), Moorea, Bora Bora, Savu Savu, Suva, Port Denarau, Dravuni Island, Isle of Pines and Noumea.

It was a great cruise - one of the very best we have done and we got it for a really GOOD price. But that is the problem - P&O couldn't fill the ship hence the low prices - and they haven't done it since!!!

Barry

Its very simple.

In those glorious days the ships were much smaller and able to access the local ports and dock easily. With only a few hundred passengers the local economy could also cope with and look after everyone.

Todays ships carry a few thousand passengers and are limited to where they can call.

the Noordam is going to be in Sydney from the 3rd october 2015 until the 25th march 2016 and the itinerary is not the best....lots of trips to NZ and South Pacific

The Noordam departs from San Diego on October 3rd 2015, arrives in Sydney on the 25th of October.

The Noordam departs from San Diego on October 3rd 2015, arrives in Sydney on the 25th of October.

yes you are right about the date, i made an error

it leaves Sydney on the 25th october 2015 doing a 14 night cruise to NZ