To All The Sailaway Addicts

mamaofami

This sail away addict will be heading to the airport tonight, flying to Quebec, cruising out on the Veendam on Sunday. She is overnighting there until Sunday. Final port is Boston. Will be spending a few days in the Boston area and then heading home to SoCal. What are you doing??? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Off to Rome for the 11 day Med. Explorer sailing June 20.

About to book the Veendam Coasts cruise in mid-August.

Looking forward to the resumption of our sail away parties.

Enjoy! Great ship! Very nice itinerary

Hi Carol! We have a 3 night cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas (RCCL... I know..... :rolleyes:) in October for my FIL's 75th birthday with lots of family and friends, then we are on the Westie over Thanksgiving week to the eastern Caribbean. In April 2015, we are doing the 16 day Panama Canal re-positioning from FLL to (for us) San Diego with the "Sail Away Gang!" on the Westie again! Are you, or anyone else, joining us???? :D

Otherwise, busy volunteering and caring for hearth and home... and the dog and cat... :p

Enjoy! Great ship! Very nice itinerary

Hi John, good to see you around again! Just did an amazing day last weekend as a Guardian for a WWII vet with Space Coast Honor Flight and am still re-living the amazing day we had in Washington, DC. Incredible what those men and women did, especially today, D-Day +70 years.

Thanks to all our vets, US, Canadian and British, who gave us.... today and all the days since....:)

Edited by 0bnxshs

This addict is providing TLC to DW who had surgery yesterday for a huge 7cm shoulder rotator cuff tear.

Hopefully, we can get through this and enjoy our scheduled late August Eurodam Viking Passage cruise from Copenhagen to NYC.

Miss our sail-away fun times. Enjoy your summer. B.

This addict is providing TLC to DW who had surgery yesterday for a huge 7cm shoulder rotator cuff tear.

Hopefully, we can get through this and enjoy our scheduled late August Eurodam Viking Passage cruise from Copenhagen to NYC.

Best Wishes for a full recovery to DWAliaschief, Bruce! Take good care of her! :D

Edited by 0bnxshs

Hi John, good to see you around again! Just did an amazing day last weekend as a Guardian for a WWII vet with Space Coast Honor Flight and am still re-living the amazing day we had in Washington, DC. Incredible what those men and women did, especially today, D-Day +70 years.

Thanks to all our vets, US, Canadian and British, who gave us.... today and all the days since....:)

Awesome stuff Rich!:)

All those cruises sound great.

Chief, I hope your wife has a speedy and uneventful recovery along with some good PT.

We're waiting till Dh meets with his surgeon on Wednesday to get clearance to cruise, so nothing is booked. I would like to do the Can/New Eng. cruise again.

I miss all you guys, but don't want summer to pass too quickly.

All those cruises sound great.

Chief, I hope your wife has a speedy and uneventful recovery along with some good PT.

We're waiting till Dh meets with his surgeon on Wednesday to get clearance to cruise, so nothing is booked. I would like to do the Can/New Eng. cruise again.

I miss all you guys, but don't want summer to pass too quickly.

Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health for DH, Carol! Hope you both can continue cruising! :D

Enjoying summer here, we've been down to Ogden Point a couple of times to see the Westerdam! Talking to someone down there, she called a ship the "Zwee"-derdam, I've always said Z-"eye"-derdam. Now I'm all mixed up. How do you pronounce it?

We will be here until the end of October, when we head for Fort Lauderdale and the Maasdam "Atlantic Adventure" for 42 days. My longest cruise so far - that I remember, that is. At the age of 3, I sailed for 3 months from Shanghai to NY, but I don't remember it - my mother would never let me forget I almost drove her crazy! I try to behave better now.:D

Chief, hope your DW gets better PDQ. And, of course Mamaofami's DH!

Regards to all my fellow addicts!

Edited by Vict0riann

It's winter here, a dreary cold day, fog this morning.

We are doing some research into the ports of call for our 34 day cruise in October/November.

Also looking at the schedules now available for the Noordam "down under" next year.

December 5th she does a 12 night Pacific Treasures cruise, no other cruise listed for December........next cruise is January 2nd,2016.

Is she going into Dry Dock?

Enjoying summer here, we've been down to Ogden Point a couple of times to see the Westerdam! Talking to someone down there, she called a ship the "Zwee"-derdam, I've always said Z-"eye"-derdam. Now I'm all mixed up. How do you pronounce it?

......................!

The Dutch "ui" (which actually means "onion" but that's a different story altogether) is very hard to pronounce for non-Dutch speakers. "Zwee"-derdam is not close

The closest you can get to it is by pronouncing it "Zey-der-dam"

I'll second that Rich and look forward to meeting you on the Westerdam next April. Gail.

Hi, fellow addicts!

Just finished unpacking the fourth suitcase from my World Voyage. :eek:

Summer means I will be at the town pool most days. When the pool closes for the year that means sail away season is just around the corner.:)

From the roll call I know I am way behind the others with my planning for the Westie's Sail-Away Gang cruise in April - no hotel or plane reservations. At least I know which clothes are going!:D

Kathi

Hi, fellow addicts!

Just finished unpacking the fourth suitcase from my World Voyage.

Summer means I will be at the town pool most days. When the pool closes for the year that means sail away season is just around the corner

From the roll call I know I am way behind the others with my planning for the Westie's Sail-Away Gang cruise in April - no hotel or plane reservations. At least I know which clothes are going!:D

Kathi

Welcome home! don't worry about being behind in planning. There's lots of time to catch up:D

Thanks for starting this thread Carol - it's nice to hear from everyone and see what they have been up to.

Here's hoping for quick healing and good health to the DW's and DH's of our sail away addicts.

Master Marley, our Mascot is nearly a year old, but still 'just a puppy'. These dogs take a LONG time to grow up:p He is HUGE and still has some growing to do. He is good 95% of the time but has decided he likes the sound of ripping paper. I found out the hard way and had to tell my roll calls that my dog ate my homework (my cabin listings) and ask them to re-send them:o

Finally warm weather has arrived and we are frantically trying to catch up in the gardens.

Looking forward to our cruise on the Prinsendam in September - 30 day Med & Black Sea despite the change in ports (due to the strife in the Ukraine).

Next year, we meet a number of the sail a way addicts and re-connect with a few others on the Westerdam for the 'sail a way gang's' Panama cruise on the Queen of Horns. I think we are going to have fun:D We're just not sure who will be left to watch us wave:D

Your DW will need lots of TLC, that sounds very painful.

Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

Off to Rome for the 11 day Med. Explorer sailing June 20.

About to book the Veendam Coasts cruise in mid-August.

Looking forward to the resumption of our sail away parties.

We did that itinerary last year and it was wonderful! The ship and crew were great.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Next year, we meet a number of the sail a way addicts and re-connect with a few others on the Westerdam for the 'sail a way gang's' Panama cruise on the Queen of Horns. I think we are going to have fun:D We're just not sure who will be left to watch us wave:D

I will wave from Volendam. Doing the Kobe-Vancouver repo at that time.

In two weeks we are sailing on the Maasdam for two weeks. Our first 14 day cruise. In November we are booked on the Eurodam to meet up with some folks we met on the Veendam last year.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app