C&A Status Change Mid-Cruise

Anyone have any experience with moving tiers mid-cruise lately and possibly getting benefits?

I know that the rule is upon completion of the cruise. We will be diamond mid-cruise this summer and wonder if anyone has had luck asking the loyalty ambassador for access to the diamond events?

Thanks.

I haven't read your replies, but I can guess what they will be. Many people will relate what they have seen and tell you that is the way it is always on every ship. That is one of the few shortcomings of Cruise Critic. But like anywhere on the internet you have to weigh what you read.

My only interest is I am one day away from diamond and my next cruise is next spring. This topic has come up many times. One case involves back to back cruisers. On most other cases the cruiser has has to wait till the end of the cruise. I have through reading here only heard of a couple getting their status changed mid cruise.

My intention is to book another cruise on the sea day on Freedom next year. That would be good time to bring up the subject :confused:

To the OP - don't feel bad if they say no. We will hit 175 days (D+) the moment we set foot onboard Brilliance for our NYE cruise and probably won't even bother to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Pins and certificates? I'll have to inquire!

When does one get that crystal block?

Cheryl

The crystal blocks are given with every 70 points earned beginning at 140 points. (140, 210, 280, etc.).

These are given on board the ship the day on which the required point level is reached and have an etched image of the ship you reached each given level on encased in a crystal block.

Cheryl

Crystal blocks start at 140 points and every 70 points thereafter. You should get the block on the cruise on which you attain the point milestone. If you are on a milestone cruise, check with the Loyalty Ambassador and ask if you are on the "block" list. Sometimes they miss people.

Edited by clarea

I've never gotten a pin for any level. :eek:

What am I supposed to get?

Cheryl

I believe you get a different pin for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, and Diamond Plus. The D+ pins come in the mail, the others should be given on the next cruise after which you attain the new level. Pinnacle members get a huge shiny heavy name tag that they are required to wear on their swimsuits.

Edited by clarea

On our B2B we changed between one leg and the next, and our new seapass cards had the old Designation on them. But we got it fixed quickly and got the new coupons. We had enough points about day 8 of our cruise, but they didn't change the designation until we finished the cruise.

An interesting fact, we had printed our cruise planner page that included our point level, and the cruise started on April 16. We had cruised on February 16th, and they'd downloaded the point level before that cruise, so they thought we had fewer points than we had. But the loyalty ambassador was able to work her computer magic and get the corrected number of points.

Crystal blocks start at 140 points and every 70 points thereafter. You should get the block on the cruise on which you attain the point milestone. If you are on a milestone cruise, check with the Loyalty Ambassador and ask if you are on the "block" list. Sometimes they miss people.

Good point. They missed us with the first one - had to contact C & A but eventually received it.

Guest relations gladly exchanged our boarding passes for our gold cards the night we reached pinnacle onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And (in my opinion) they should. Pinnacle cruisers show EXTREME loyalty to RCCL.

M

Guest relations gladly exchanged our boarding passes for our gold cards the night we reached pinnacle onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have heard that being done as well - and agree with cruisegirl1 that with that milestone it should be recognized in that manner.

Congratulations on reaching Pinnacle!

When we turned Diamond in the middle of our first sailing on our last B2B they made us wait until the second leg of the cruise to receive the perks.

I do have a question for everyone, when do you get your pins? It's been since January and we haven't received them yet or a certificate. Thank you!

We had to get them from the loyalty ambassador.

Cheryl

140 cruise points and 70 cruise point after that. Be sure to remind the loyalty ambassador, but they'll ship them to you if you don't get them.

Think about it.

The vast majority of tier changes occur DURING cruises. Most people are not going to coincidentally hit the precise number needed to move up with the precise number of days of a cruise.

So it just makes more sense for Royal Caribbean to say: We will credit your account with earned cruise points 7 to 14 days after the completion of your cruise.

THAT is when you have "achieved" the next tier.

:)

We are at 59 points and assuming that we take three more 7-night cruises we will turn Diamond on the last day of our cruise. So my next cruise after that we will be Diamond...assuming the parameters are still the same:)

RCI Terms & Conditions.

"General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. Membership may be terminated at our sole discretion for anyone appearing to be utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with its terms, conditions, or intent. To qualify as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you must have taken at least one eligible Royal Caribbean cruise. Program level accrual is based on the number of eligible cruise points earned per individual. Cruise Points will be accrued at the end of each completed sailing. Guests are eligible for Gold membership in the Crown & Anchor Society after one completed cruise. After 30 completed cruise points, they are eligible to become Platinum members. After 55 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Emerald members. After 80 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Diamond Members. After 175 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Diamond Plus members. And those who have 700 or more completed cruise points are eligible to become Pinnacle Club members."

We are at 59 points and assuming that we take three more 7-night cruises we will turn Diamond on the last day of our cruise. So my next cruise after that we will be Diamond...assuming the parameters are still the same:)

Let's hope they don't change the parameters again. My wife and I would have been Diamond 3 cruises ago if they hadn't changed the program in 2011 and completely screwed us. Instead, we are 4 nights away still.

I know that the points awarded and changes in the levels in the program occur after the completed cruise,

I wonder what would be the cost for C&A to adjust your status on the day you reach the new level? I would guess the actual cost would be minimal if anything, its not like you would be getting an additional discount on the cruise price, it's well past final payment.

I think it would be more of a feel good perk for the cruiser, as opposed to any actual significant cost to the cruise line.

Edited by Mac303

Let's hope they don't change the parameters again. My wife and I would have been Diamond 3 cruises ago if they hadn't changed the program in 2011 and completely screwed us. Instead, we are 4 nights away still.

Same thing happened to me, so I finally reached Diamond 3 nights in to my last cruise aka this next one will be my first as an official diamond cruiser!!

Cheryl

And if they do, oh well! We will still be vacationing and the loyalty program is really secondary to us:D

When we turned Diamond in the middle of our first sailing on our last B2B they made us wait until the second leg of the cruise to receive the perks.

I do have a question for everyone, when do you get your pins? It's been since January and we haven't received them yet or a certificate. Thank you!

We turned Diamond after our cruise in December 2009 (right when they kicked Diamonds out of the lounge), still haven't received pins or the crystal block.

###