Aqua class ?

Marseydotes

We did dine with Karen and Allen - and they love Blu - not so much for us BUT we made really great cruise friends so I guess you could call us Bi ;) - Blu & MDR - lol. This is what makes cruising so awesome - we all like it a bit different. :D

:D

"Like"

:D

For me Blu is the only reason to book Aqua. Unfortunately, on our last two cruises Blu has been disappointing, foodwise at least. We do like the physical plant and the service has probably been somewhat better than in the MDR We're booked in Aqua on our next cruise, but if Blu again disappoints, it'll be specialty restaurants forevermore.

And for those who prefer interacting with "new friends" at a table for eight, I can only say it's a lot easier conversing with people on either side than it is with people sitting across from me at a large table in a noisy barn of a dining room. Plus, as it is a table for two, it's easier to ignore the ill mannered bore at the next table. :) So in the MDR or Blu you'll find us dining as a couple.

Extra cost compared to what?

It is cheaper than the suites.

What are you really comparing it to and what do you want?

The suites will be offering special dining areas, and other perks.

If you want to save money but want special dining get a inside and the ultimate dining pack for $29/day pp so you can over eat and add the premium bev pack so you can also get stoned every day, and pass out at night. Problem with that is you may not make it to your 51st anniversary

It all depends on what you are after and want to pay.

If you want a nice enjoyable experience without spending a ton then spring for AQ. I am sure you will be glad that you did.

Happy anniversary and many more. 🎂🎉

We are party of six with two couples booked in Aqua class and one couple in Concierge Class. Can the Aqua Class guest make a reservation for the Blu restaurant that includes the Concierge class guest?

We are party of six with two couples booked in Aqua class and one couple in Concierge Class. Can the Aqua Class guest make a reservation for the Blu restaurant that includes the Concierge class guest?

No. Concierge class guests cannot eat in Blu (except perhaps in very special circumstances and at the discretion of the Maître D' ). Also, reservations are not required in Blu. If you are in Aqua then Blu is your MDR.

In addition to the quality of the food, you don't have the noise of large trays of food being hauled around. Blu is like dining at a 4-5 star restaurant. Lots of personal attention, excellent food. We like the closeness of the 2 person tables. You can converse with the people next to you, or not. Of course, if you can afford a suite, go for it since you can always eat in Blu. On the M lass ships the Persian Garden is not that great, but on the S class ships those heated tile loungers with the panoramic views are so worth it.

NO, I've heard of no situations when anyone outside of AQ or Suite guests were allowed to eat in Blu. I know LoisR, a frequent poster here, and someone who has cruised many many times on X tried to invite people to eat with her in Blu and was denied. Can the couple in CC change to an AQ room? If not, you could all dine with them in the MDR if you make arrangements with the Maitre'D.

No. Concierge class guests cannot eat in Blu (except perhaps in very special circumstances and at the discretion of the Maître D' ). Also, reservations are not required in Blu. If you are in Aqua then Blu is your MDR.

Absolutely NO. This seems to be the one policy Celebrity has they actually stick to and enforce 100% of the time.

I sailed the Penthouse on Reflection, as a solo, and wanted to bring a guest (having paid the single supplement, i.e. had to pay for 2 people in the cabin, even though I was only one!) and they would not allow me to bring a guest, and in fact sat me at a table with an empty seat across from me. I was LIVID!!!! I met with hotel director 2 times, more about the issue of "single supplement" and not getting benefit for second person I paid for, than the BLU Policy, but this should give some indication of how strictly they enforce the policy at BLU.

You WILL be able to dine in MDR however with your Concierge friends without issue, just have BLU Maitr'd arrange that for you.

So glad we have this great forum in which to discuss our cruises! And, cle-guy, I love my CC name, too--an old nickname my dad called me. He usually sang it, to my embarrassment!

All advice has been helpful. While we all have somewhat different taste, the general thoughts seem to be that Aqua is likely worth it, but a good option might be a suite and the dining package. That option never occurred to me, since my most recent cruises have been on Oceania, where the dining choices are different. (And the food wonderful.)

What fun--just planning!

Again, everyone, thanks!

Marseydotes

This is a great thread! We booked our first Celebrity cruise this week, and after careful consideration we booked an Aqua Class cabin. The price was higher than a standard balcony but was partially offset by additional OBC from our TA. So now we have two things to look forward to - trying Celebrity and Aqua Class!

Just returned from the Solstice, where we were booked AQ and thoroughly enjoyed Blu. If Blu were the only perk of AQ, we would book it every single time. I've included a link to my review, where I list what we ate (each course) each day.

Solstice to Alaska, May 30-June 6:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2056218

Off the top of my head, we enjoyed lobster, lamb, pheasant, trout, rabbit, scallops, salmon...all delicious! And for breakfast, I have one word: Muelsi. It's prepared table side, and we've been making it here at home!

20140606_065126_zps94c1038b.jpg

In regards to large seatings, our restaurant (don't know if the layout is different from ship to ship) had a few large, round tables that accommodated 8-10 guests. We also saw tables of 2 and 4 being pushed together for larger groups (we saw a table of 16 on the last formal night).

But, there's so much more than Blu...

-Priority Boarding, just like suites...you get to skip all the "snaking" lines and get on your ship in no time at all (15 minutes even!)

-Stateroom amenities...I've seen others post about the plush robes, towels, and so forth...bottle of bubbly on ice is such a nice touch upon arrival...binoculars, umbrellas, tote bags, slippers, spa shower head & nozzles...the pillow menu (love my body pillow)...and more! The Celebrity website lists all stateroom amenities, and we received them all. (NOTE: not all items are to be taken home after your cruise, or you will be charged...the umbrellas and binoculars...but other items you may take...like the tote bags)

Persian Gardens...usually reserved for spa treatments and reservations, it's free for AQ guests! It's heated loungers with floor-to-ceiling windows as you sail! There are also two additional rooms, the aromatherapy room and the steam room, that are included. The relaxation room is also nice with, again, floor-to-ceiling windows forward (you're the king of the world!) with a choice of bed loungers or chairs to sit in while enjoying water or tea.

Relaxation room

IMG_1467_zps43ce66fb.jpg

You said it all. While Blu is definitely the biggest reason we would book AQ again (extra cost is the only reason I wouldn't), as you posted, there are so many other reasons for booking the AQ. Amongst our favorites besides Blu were the Persian Gardens, the Relaxation Lounge (ah...the secret is out), the bottled water, early boarding and that pillow menu!! The facial spray, fresh flowers and leather handled tote were also nice, as was the shower head in that bathroom. The robes, neither here nor there for us, same goes for the tea and aroma therapy. I never saw any slippers but our room steward was just so so. I only paid $200 for the cabin over a concierge room during the one time I booked the AQ -- found it to be so well worth it. I like it better than the other specialty restaurants, which I have also tried, because you don't necessarily need to make a reservation. I am not sure if you could get away with that at the other specialty restaurants. The best thing about the specialty restaurants, including Blu, is that they are always smart casual if you choose not to wear formal attire on formal nights. One less suitcase...yah!! One less dinner package ... yah!! Only you can determine what it is worth to you. For my next 11 night cruise, I would pay $400 more for these benefits over a standard balcony cabin....currently, it is sitting at $700 above. Keeping my fingers crossed, though!!

Off the top of my head, we enjoyed lobster, lamb, pheasant, trout, rabbit, scallops, salmon...all delicious! And for breakfast, I have one word: Muelsi. It's prepared table side, and we've been making it here at home!

20140606_065126_zps94c1038b.jpg

I'm good with the lamb, pheasant, trout, rabbit, scallops, salmon, frog legs, etc, but you can keep all that Ewell Gibbons muesli crapola. If that makes you feel healthy, go for it. :rolleyes:

Give me some good old fashioned eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, waffles, French toast, and a toasted English muffin. ;)

We are sticking with AQ and Blu despite some reports that staff have been more harried lately..and no new menu items.

We enjoy the upgraded stateroom amenities..nicer shower, water and herbal teas in cabin and other AQ perks...persian garden, use of relaxation room in the spa

an alt for OP for their special anniv cruise would be to book Concierge class and a specialty restaurant package.. Silhouette has nice choices! Murano is the best for anniv dinner...

Congratulations....

I'm good with the lamb, pheasant, trout, rabbit, scallops, salmon, frog legs, etc, but you can keep all that Ewell Gibbons muesli crapola. If that makes you feel healthy, go for it. :rolleyes:

Give me some good old fashioned eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, waffles, French toast, and a toasted English muffin. ;)

The mueseli is a treat ..obviously not for everyone...and they have just about everything else except waffles..breakfast in Blu us great !

Definitely worth it for a special occasion. Love the Persian Gardens, Relaxation Lounge, Blu. Also like having the extra amenities and the room service menu. Our first cruise was in AQ and most after, but I'm gradually trying to wean myself away unless it is a reasonable cost difference. Just be VERY careful where your room is located. There are a few very bad locations.

I have booked AQ 1552 and Aq 1554 on the Solstice, has someone been on it, they say there is an obstruction and all that Celebrity is telling me is that there is a "10% obstruction", does anyone know what that obstruction is?

And thank you so much for the review, this is our first time doing Celebrity and Aqua Class so I can't wait for the cruise.

-M

I have booked AQ 1552 and Aq 1554 on the Solstice, has someone been on it, they say there is an obstruction and all that Celebrity is telling me is that there is a "10% obstruction", does anyone know what that obstruction is?

And thank you so much for the review, this is our first time doing Celebrity and Aqua Class so I can't wait for the cruise.

-M

It's the window washing equipment which IIRC is outside of 1554. It's an open metal box that honestly you don't even notice after the first day. The bonus is that you get extra large balconies and the area is very quiet.

It's the window washing equipment which IIRC is outside of 1554. It's an open metal box that honestly you don't even notice after the first day. The bonus is that you get extra large balconies and the area is very quiet.

And is it true that the balconies can be opened between the cabins?

-M