Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

Not good! Hope it does not lead to the elimination of the lounge(s).

I am doubting it. Last night was only the first night of the sailing. We won't make it to the DL as we have our son with us. We will visit the CL a few times though.

It is also a holiday cruise so maybe crown and anchor members that don't like kids will be skipping this week.

Hi : D+ and never receive any emails from RCCL: other than my documentation.

None here either. We had this system on our IOS for Spring Break.

They scan your card to get your free drink at a bar. You have up to 3. Yes, you can go to the DL/CL and drink more, they do not scan your card.

Sharing with friends not allowed in the lounges-- is another issue.

Smudge did you see they are now on Legend? I don't know how to copy and paste from an iPad.

Cheryl....where did you see they were now on Legend?

Linda, NorbertsNiece, posted from the Legend yesterday, post #195 in this thread. According to Sascha, the DL Concierge, no specific date yet for Legend.

Been on Legend for the past 11 days..... sat at airport quite sad right now....

Not read whole thread so apologies if this has been covered. Spoke to Sascha in the D lounge about this and he said it will be rolled out fleet-wide September time..... not specifc date by which it would be implemented.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

ummmm...not really true. I have actually experienced the drink voucher system on the Navigator this past March and depending on your server you could usually get pretty much what you wanted. Now the actual RULES??? Who knows. Royal is not very clear nor are they consistent on their rules.

You are correct. The rules, such as they are, are very vague. I have seen a diamond member ask for, get denied, protest, then receive the drink of the day in the diamond club. It just depends.

Any guesses on if Majesty would be more/less likely to implement soon or one of last to get voucher system?

On the one hand, you might guess last to get it. They don't have a DL crowd problem b/c a DL doesn't exist and vouchers would cost them more than the current Diamond Event where Diamond members pay 75% of beer and liquor drink costs.

On the other hand, if it's an IT guy getting on board and programming things and training........... It's small ship and Miami based.

Anyone know the brand of wine serving now in the DL and at Diamond Events? Maybe it improved. I remember it joking called "La Terrible".

Any guesses on if Majesty would be more/less likely to implement soon or one of last to get voucher system?

On the one hand, you might guess last to get it. They don't have a DL crowd problem b/c a DL doesn't exist and vouchers would cost them more than the current Diamond Event where Diamond members pay 75% of beer and liquor drink costs.

On the other hand, if it's an IT guy getting on board and programming things and training........... It's small ship and Miami based.

Anyone know the brand of wine serving now in the DL and at Diamond Events? Maybe it improved. I remember it joking called "La Terrible".

St. Martin is the current brand. It is better.

Can anyone fill in the blanks or alter any dates collected so far...

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance -

Enchantment -

Explorer - 14th June 2014

Freedom – 13th July 2014

Grandeur - September 12, 2014

Independence - 14th June 2014

Jewel -

Legend -

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch -

Navigator - 6th July 2014

Oasis - 5th July 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour -

Vision -

Can anyone fill in the blanks or alter any dates I've collected so far...

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance -

Enchantment -

Freedom – August 2014

Grandeur -

Jewel -

Legend -

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch -

Navigator - September 2014

Oasis - 19th July 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour -

Vision -

Voyager -

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailing on Rhapsody September 5. I have not gotten an email about the drink coupons, so I'm guessing it will be later in the year. :confused:

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance -

Enchantment -

Freedom – 13th July 2014

Jewel -

Legend -

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch -

Oasis - 5th July 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour -

Vision -

Just received an email this morning (they're working the holiday wknd?), telling me that our Enchantment sailing in September will have the vouchers. :)

I'm going on the Vision 9/20/14 and got the email telling me they will have the drink vouchers on my card. I printed the email out just in case there are any issues on the ship.

Brenda

I called C&A a few days ago, asking about this for my 7/26 Vision sailing. She said she would pass the question along to her manager, and they would call me back early next week. I'm hoping they roll it out by the end of this month.

The whole program will be rolled out by mid-September for all ships.

Here's hoping!

Just received an email this morning (they're working the holiday wknd?), telling me that our Enchantment sailing in September will have the vouchers. :)

What date is your cruise? We are on Enchantment on Sept. 22nd and are hoping the vouchers are installed by then. We are travelling with our best friends who are Platinum and would love to be able to have our free drinks but still be with our friends.

What date is your cruise? We are on Enchantment on Sept. 22nd and are hoping the vouchers are installed by then. We are travelling with our best friends who are Platinum and would love to be able to have our free drinks but still be with our friends.

I was told by C&A two weeks ago that all ships will have the card-vouchers by 9/14/14. She was reading an internal email out loud to me over the phone.

Edited by pcur

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance -

Enchantment - July 18, 2014

Freedom – 13th July 2014

Jewel -

Legend -

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch - This ship is no longer in the fleet

Oasis - 5th July 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour -

Vision -

Just received the email for our July 18 Enchantment cruise:)

I was told by C&A two weeks ago that all ships will have the card-vouchers by 9/14/14. She was reading an internal email out loud to me over the phone.

Thanks, Peggy, that's good to know. (We will most likely miss it on our 9/5 Rhapsody Hawaii sailing, no problem.:))

I can confirm July 25 for the Enchantment. We received the email this morning that vouchers will be used on our sailing.

Thanks for the list,

M

oh - to edit - I see you already have July 18 listed.

Thanks, M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Thanks, Peggy, that's good to know. (We will most likely miss it on our 9/5 Rhapsody Hawaii sailing, no problem.:))

You should, Karen, because the next cruise for the Rhapsody sails on 9/16 after the "deadline".

Loooove the Rhapsody!! Enjoy.

I'm not sure I understand the vouchers. Are drinks in the CL being limited. Last time I was in the Diamond Lounge all you could get was beer, wine and champagne. Are they now serving cocktails. Are vouchers good in the regular bars.

Thanks for your comments.

We have not received e mails for any of our sailings.

I see you are sailing the Enchantment of August. We are sailing in late July and this morning received an email that vouchers will be in effect for that sailing.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I'm not sure I understand the vouchers. Are drinks in the CL being limited. Last time I was in the Diamond Lounge all you could get was beer, wine and champagne. Are they now serving cocktails. Are vouchers good in the regular bars.

Thanks for your comments.

Drinks in the concierge or diamond lounges are not limited. I believe what you describe is likely a diamond EVENT that was held on ships that did not have the diamond lounge. Ships that had a diamond lounge have always provided cocktails.

Vouchers are good in bars around the ship, specifically (only) during the hours that the diamond or concierge lounge serves cocktails. There are some exclusions and those are clearly listed.

Enjoy.

M

Glad some people are getting the emails. I have 7 cruises booked through Dec. and not one email on any of them. So thanks for keeping us up to date. I am traveling with non Diamond travelers. Thanks Again for the on going info Donna