Two Peeves from Recent Eastern Caribbean on Allure

1. NO BROWN MUSTARD on board, EVEN AT THE HOT DOG STAND

ya know, Guldens or something like that

2. NO DRAFT STOUT at English Pub. I don't remember which two beers are the only ones on draft, probably because I would not drink them.

Props for the selections of premium bourbons though (Booker's, Basil Hayden, etc.)

2. NO DRAFT STOUT at English Pub. I don't remember which two beers are the only ones on draft, probably because I would not drink them.

Props for the selections of premium bourbons though (Booker's, Basil Hayden, etc.)

I believe there's brown mustard on the condiment stand (area counter) in the WJ at least there was on the RCI ships I've sailed.

I believe there's brown mustard on the condiment stand (area counter) in the WJ at least there was on the RCI ships I've sailed.

You are correct, I've used it from time to time.

Sometimes there is; sometimes there isn't. Frankly (!), it annoys me, too.

But I can always get some in the MDR. :)

AND WHAT A SCREEN NAME!!!!! :eek:

Sometimes there is; sometimes there isn't. Frankly (!), it annoys me, too.

But I can always get some in the MDR. :)

AND WHAT A SCREEN NAME!!!!! :eek:

Funny...There's a woman here in Orlando who does radio traffic updates, her name is Daisy Ash.

She always ends her traffic update on the radio with...."And that's your

report for today....I'm Daisy Ash."

And after she says that...I always say, "Ha...she said Ash."

Goofy, I know. but it makes me laugh every time.

And I need a good laugh on my way home from the office.

Considering all the disappointing comments people make about food on ships (any ship), if all you had to comment about was the lack of brown mustard -- all the rest of the food you had must have been terrific.

Yeah!

Edited by Paulette3028

Royal Caribbean International announces new Condiment / Beer Packages for 2015

Miami, FL, 6/17/2014

Royal Caribbean International (RCI), the second largest operator of cruise ships in the world has announced that beginning in 2015 that it will offer to passengers new condiment and draft beer packages.

According to an RCI spokesperson: "Our guests have spoken and we are responding. Yellow mustard alone will not do, and neither will brown mustard. We are adding Grey Poupon, and other Dijon mustards. We want to be the mustard leader in the cruise industry. No one should go without the mustard they desire."

The spokesperson went on to say: "We will also offer both ketchup and catsup, as we realize that some guests prefer one to the other.

In addition, we will also become the cruise industry leader with draft beers, with over 300 beers on tap in our new "Brew Bars", and will even have a brewery on board to make some of our own exclusive brews.

When queried about the cost for this, the spokesperson comented: "I suspect the mustard / ketchup / catsup package will only be about $5 per person per day, and the draft beer package will be priced accordingly per drink, or in an all-inclusive package of about $100 per person per day."

We will keep you advised as more is learned about these latest developments.

Edited by loubetti

The Alaska Brewing Company beer offered on Radiance during their Alaska cruises was amazing...just off a northbound cruise and loved this new option..but pretty sure it was just an itinerary offering.

Miami, FL, 6/17/2014

Royal Caribbean International (RCI), the second largest operator of cruise ships in the world has announced that beginning in 2015 that it will offer to passengers new condiment and draft beer packages.

According to an RCI spokesperson: "Our guests have spoken and we are responding. Yellow mustard alone will not do, and neither will brown mustard. We are adding Grey Poupon, and other Dijon mustards. We want to be the mustard leader in the cruise industry. No one should go without the mustard they desire."

The spokesperson went on to say: "We will also offer both ketchup and catsup, as we realize that some guests prefer one to the other.

In addition, we will also become the cruise industry leader with draft beers, with over 300 beers on tap in our new "Brew Bars", and will even have a brewery on board to make some of our own exclusive brews.

When queried about the cost for this, the spokesperson comented: "I suspect the mustard / ketchup / catsup package will only be about $5 per person per day, and the draft beer package will be priced accordingly per drink, or in an all-inclusive package of about $100 per person per day."

Good one:D

Good one:D

Agreed. And yes, they will be in the lookout for families who attempt to illegally share the new condiment package. ;)

But seriously folks, I managed to find brown mustard in packets in the Windjammer on a recent Grandeur cruise.

Miami, FL, 6/17/2014

I like your press Releases. BTW a brewery onboard is not new the Aidablu was the first cruise ship to have one.

We only ate a few meals at the WJ. I love sausages and various wursts. I was too hungry to go looking all over for decent mustard after not finding any at the condiment stand. To be honest, I don't remember if I saw another one of my favorite condiments, HP Brown Sauce either.

After our cruise on The First Extremely Large Ship of the Seas three years ago, I knew not to set the bar for food too high. Especially after the "Beef Stroganoff" incident on the Oasis.

Not having real mustard at the Hot Dog Stand though really rankled me. I was not about to sully specialty sausages and wursts with yellow mustard. Of all the places to have a choice of mustards, this would be the place.

Similarly, the place for a draft stout would be the English Pub. Is there a special issue with having draft beer on board a cruise ship? Even on smaller ships on other cruise lines, there is only one or two beers.

I have been using my screen name since I first used it on IRC in 1996. I wanted to find people about my age and from the Northeast.

I did have some other issues with the cruise. We are not used to so many kids on a cruise, but we got used to it (sort of). But since school had just got out, it was to be expected.

The elevator rudeness wasn't as bad as I expected.

We also knew not to set the entertainment bar too high either. Thus I really enjoyed "Chicago" and the other entertainments.

The wi-fi service was the best I ever had on any cruise ship.

I did appreciate the iPod docks in the stateroom. Unfortunately they were for the older models, not the newer ones with the Lightning connectors.

Everything considered though, we did have a good cruise and really enjoyed ourselves.

Finally, you all are pretty funny. I enjoyed all of your replies.

Obviously it is a safe bet to make that my "press releases" are as phony as a $3 bill, but whenever I see a topic worthy of one I will write one for entertainment value, and hopefully you will continue to get a chuckle from them. :)

BTW, I only do them here (for now?), for some reason I don't get motivated to do them at the CCL forum! :cool:

I share your frustration. I was so disappointed that their was no chilli at the Boardwalk Dog House on my first cruise. I was like 'how do you have a hot dog stand but no chili on a cruise departing our of Texas????' LOL!:D

WHAT!!!! No brown mustard? I guess I need to cancel my September cruise on the Allure!!!:D

Just kidding!!!! I'm still going and will just have to do without the brown mustard. :)

I share your frustration. I was so disappointed that their was no chilli at the Boardwalk Dog House on my first cruise. I was like 'how do you have a hot dog stand but no chili on a cruise departing our of Texas????' LOL!:D

When did the Allure ever depart out of Texas??? Did I miss something?? :confused:

EJ Korvette, did you work for them? I did part time from 1958 to 1960, in the Scarsdale store. Just curious.

for one day my brother and I worked for a third party inventory-taking company at their store in Flushing, Queens. I worked in the vinyl (records) department. That was the only thing worth buying there.

Obviously it is a safe bet to make that my "press releases" are as phony as a $3 bill, but whenever I see a topic worthy of one I will write one for entertainment value, and hopefully you will continue to get a chuckle from them. :)

BTW, I only do them here (for now?), for some reason I don't get motivated to do them at the CCL forum! :cool:

how do they compare with RCL, Princess, and Celebrity?