Hump cabin 8088? Any thoughts?

Has anyone stayed in or is anyone familiar with Cabin 8088 on Deck 8 on edge of hump--E-1 category? I'm trying to book a New England/Canada cruise for next fall and all the cabins I wanted are booked. (On the hump.) Also, I notice this has a icon near it indicating a 3rd Pullman. I don't want that but it's the cabin RCI recommended for 2 adults. If I book it, that doesn't mean they can take it away from me later if they 3 people want to book it? I specifically want the hump area. And I wouldn't want to switch to another cabin. Can they force us to? I notice there's a promo now 50% off 2nd passenger.

I haven't cruised since 2009. My old TA is now a lawyer. Oh well! :) And the TA I wanted to use is on a cruise, herself and won't be back until Monday. Is there any advantage to going with her vs. RCI online? I want to get it booked before cabin selection is gone.

Oops, I forgot to mention it was on Brilliance of the Seas. :)

So, does anyone know if 8088 is a good location? I see it's near the elevators. But that's shouldn't be an issue. I'm a night owl and my husband sleeps through anything. It looks like it has a larger balcony. It doesn't say it's obstructed, but I assume you can still look down at the ocean? Also, they can't switch us if a family or 3 people want it, can they? It has a Pullman.

Edited by Linsifer

I had just read somewhere else here that someone was concerned about being bumped for a larger party. So, that's a given? Thanks! And, RCI suggested that cabin for us. :)

They won't bump you for a larger party.

They won't bump you for a larger party.

Unfortunately they WILL bump you for a larger party if they choose to do so. I had it happen to me when I had my husband and myself booked in the infamous "triple" corner/aft cabin 7688 on Explorer of the seas a few years ago. :( So, it DOES happen. Hopefully not often though! ;)

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

You should be high enough not to hear the noise from the Centrum on deck four.

We were in a hump cabin on Jewel in March deck 9, and could certainly hear centrum music inside our cabin. It didn't bother us or keep us awake, but you could definitely hear it.

We were in that cabin on Radiance and loved it. Balcony is huge. We did hear music coming up from the Centrum. We were recently in 7092 (cabin adjacent, one deck lower) on Serenade, and every evening after dinner the fire doors were closed to the corridor, and we never heard one thing from the Centrum. If I were you, I'd book it in a heartbeat;):)

Just got of Radiance in 8102 and LOVED it! We heard a bit of muffled music one night when they had a 70's party in the centrum but other than that, nothing. We would do it again in a minute. For a caribbean cruise it might not be as nice as it is fully covered, but for Alaska or Canada it is great.

photo10_zps3384d156.jpg

Those cabins have the best balconies of anything on the sides of the ship! The cabin itself is a bit small. We did a Med. cruise in an E1 and I swore every time I tripped on the bedding trying to navigate around the foot of the bed. The centrum noise is gone by the time most turn in for the day.

Has anyone stayed in or is anyone familiar with Cabin 8088 on Deck 8 on edge of hump--E-1 category? I'm trying to book a New England/Canada cruise for next fall and all the cabins I wanted are booked. (On the hump.) Also, I notice this has a icon near it indicating a 3rd Pullman. I don't want that but it's the cabin RCI recommended for 2 adults. If I book it, that doesn't mean they can take it away from me later if they 3 people want to book it? I specifically want the hump area. And I wouldn't want to switch to another cabin. Can they force us to? I notice there's a promo now 50% off 2nd passenger.

I haven't cruised since 2009. My old TA is now a lawyer. Oh well! :) And the TA I wanted to use is on a cruise, herself and won't be back until Monday. Is there any advantage to going with her vs. RCI online? I want to get it booked before cabin selection is gone.

I'm assuming it's the Brilliance class. If you a light sleeper, I would not reserve that cabin. We had #9078 right above, on the Serenade 12 nite Medit. cruise and it was very noisy because it is by the Centrum and the music/entertainment permeated throughout the cabin. When they renovated the Serenade, they added extra speakers, therefore amplifying the music (noise.) We tried so hard to bear with it, even sleeping on the balcony, but to no avail. After 3 nightmarish nights we were lucky that another cabin was made available to us. The entertainment starts early and sometimes goes to 12:30-1am.

RCL made good by giving us $817 credit per for usage on a future cruise.

I'm assuming it's the Brilliance class. If you a light sleeper, I would not reserve that cabin. We had #9078 right above, on the Serenade 12 nite Medit. cruise and it was very noisy because it is by the Centrum and the music/entertainment permeated throughout the cabin. When they renovated the Serenade, they added extra speakers, therefore amplifying the music (noise.) We tried so hard to bear with it, even sleeping on the balcony, but to no avail. After 3 nightmarish nights we were lucky that another cabin was made available to us. The entertainment starts early and sometimes goes to 12:30-1am.

RCL made good by giving us $817 credit per for usage on a future cruise.

Yeah I got a kick out of the poster above who said they wouldn't hear anything:rolleyes:

I went ahead and booked it! I'm a night owl and my husband falls asleep with the tv blasting at home, so I don't see an issue. Also, someone mentioned leaving the balcony door open to hear the ocean sound. I'm thinking positive, either way!

As for bumping us for a larger party, it was RCI who suggested that cabin when I was searching for a stateroom. When I booked with the agent today I asked her if they can bump us in favor of a larger party. She said no. I mentioned that RCI was the one who gave us that cabin even though they knew there was just two of us. The agent said that sometimes they don't offer those cabins to the general public for awhile, but they apparently did this time. She said there could be a case where they might offer us an upgrade if they wanted this cabin. But it depends on whether we want it. They can't force us to switch cabins. I hope she's right or I won't be too happy!

But, would a E-2 and D category be more expensive?

Those cabins have the best balconies of anything on the sides of the ship! The cabin itself is a bit small. We did a Med. cruise in an E1 and I swore every time I tripped on the bedding trying to navigate around the foot of the bed. The centrum noise is gone by the time most turn in for the day.

But, would a E-2 and D category be more expensive?

When a cruise first comes out, a D would be more expensive than an E, and and E1 would be more expensive than an E2. Once people start booking the cruise, prices change based on a variety of factors, so you might find an E priced more than a D at some point.

Edited by clarea

Hmmm....I wonder why the RCI agent told me they couldn't bump us. She said they COULD offer an upgrade, but she it wasn't mandatory that we take it. I specifically want to be midship and wanted a hump cabin. And we ARE booking over a year ahead. Believe me, if there has been another cabin without Pullmans available online, I would have taken it. Do they cabins available over the phone that aren't shown online? As I mentioned, this was the cabin that RCI offered me from the onset. Now you've got me worried. Is this in fine print somewhere?

Unfortunately they WILL bump you for a larger party if they choose to do so. I had it happen to me when I had my husband and myself booked in the infamous "triple" corner/aft cabin 7688 on Explorer of the seas a few years ago. :( So, it DOES happen. Hopefully not often though! ;)

It's a great location with a huge balcony. You should be high enough not to hear the noise from the Centrum on deck four.

We were in hump cabin(1060) on deck 10 on the Radiance and you could hear the noise from the centrum. It was the only negative thing about the cabin.

We were in hump cabin(1060) on deck 10 on the Radiance and you could hear the noise from the centrum. It was the only negative thing about the cabin.

It wasn't only noise, but the tremendous vibration from the rock band that played almost every night. It was so noisy that I couldn't hear the guest relations rep and vice versa when we spoke about the noise. I mentioned in the survey that those folks should get the biggest WOW card plus combat pay.