T.V alert tonight

dolittle

Tonight at 8:00 P.M. E.S.T. on the Smithsonian channel one hour on the Crystal Serenity it is not new but worth a look . It will be re-run at 11:00

That's nice. I'd like to see it. However, our TV provider doesn't carry the Smithsonian channel. :(

I just watched it. Very interesting show. It made me realize anew that the Captain isn't simply a figurehead; he has an awesome amount of responsibility dealing with conditions (seas, unfamiliar ports) that are unpredictable.

It's a wonder everything mostly goes as smoothly as it does on most ocean cruises!

Serenity looks like a lovely ship as well.

I just watched it. Very interesting show. It made me realize anew that the Captain isn't simply a figurehead; he has an awesome amount of responsibility dealing with conditions (seas, unfamiliar ports) that are unpredictable.

It's a wonder everything mostly goes as smoothly as it does on most ocean cruises!

Serenity looks like a lovely ship as well.

That was my take too. Think of the responsibility to go through that little canal with reefs on either side and without proper markers, fishing boats in the way, sinking docks, etc. I appreciated our captains before, but appreciate them much more after watching that show.

The Smithsonian Channel repeats programs quite frequently.

Just do a search on your DVR and set it to record the next showing.

What ! No DVR ? Time to get one and subscribe to the Smithsonian channel : )

Has some great documentary type shows.

Aww man! I'm a day late to this thread. I have been watching this channel for 3 hours tonight (I do that a lot on Sat and Sun). I missed it. I wonder if it will come on again...? They re-run their shows quite often.

Does anyone know the exact title of the show?

thanks in advance...

Aww man! I'm a day late to this thread. I have been watching this channel for 3 hours tonight (I do that a lot on Sat and Sun). I missed it. I wonder if it will come on again...?

I posted a link earlier to a site you can stream it from at any time -

- so you won't miss it Edited by Bodogbodog

I don't see a link to start the video. I joined and received an email from them confirming my subscription but still don't see a link to watch it.

No need to join Vimeo or anything - you should see a play button on the bottom left hand side of the actual video next to the 45:55 total time of the clip

Edited by Bodogbodog