Diamond Drink vouchers

Are these for diamond and above or only diamond + and above? By the wording of emails some have posted it seems d+ and above. Anyone with recent experience since the official roll out began?

Diamond and above.

We are Diamond Plus, and know nothing about drink vouchers! Please explain.

to alleviate crowding in the CL, RCI now pre-loads 3 drinks in any venue, except the MDR and WJ, on your Seapass card. You are limited to what you can get.

We are Diamond Plus, and know nothing about drink vouchers! Please explain.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! How wonderful that you have found this amazing community after so many cruises! I hope that you will share your experience with everyone.

As you know, you have been able to get free drinks every evening in either the Diamond Lounge or the Concierge Lounge.

Now Royal Caribbean has decided that it will embed the ability to get three drinks per "happy hour" at any bar on the ship, except the Main Dining Room, the Windjammer or the specialty restaurants. The allowed drinks will be the same that they are in the Lounges.

:)

Diamond and above.

Tnx for the quick Reply. Any idea why the emails say d+ and above and not d and above? Typical royal inconsistency or maybe different on each sailing depending on numbers of each category.

Now Royal Caribbean has decided that it will embed the ability to get three drinks per "happy hour" at any bar on the ship, except the Main Dining Room, the Windjammer or the specialty restaurants. The allowed drinks will be the same that they are in the Lounges.

:)

Sorry to butt in and I'm sure this is a pretty silly question, but it is THREE DRINKS PER NIGHT, correct? Not just three drinks total? The wording on the email was weird to me, and I just want to make sure I understand.

Sorry to butt in and I'm sure this is a pretty silly question, but it is THREE DRINKS PER NIGHT, correct? Not just three drinks total? The wording on the email was weird to me, and I just want to make sure I understand.

Yes, per night. No carrying over, any unused drinks are lost.

We were on the Explorer in early April and they had just begun with the 3 FREE drinks per night posted on our Sea Pass cards. At least on our Explorer cruise, the 3,FREE drinks per night were for Diamond members which we were at the time, and, Diamond Plus.

We were still able to have as many glasses of wine or soda we wanted from 5:30-8:30-PM, IN ADDITION, to the 3-Free drink vouchers they included on our sea pass cards per night. Some nights we used them right in the Diamond Lounge, while other nights we used them at different bar locations.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So they counted what you drank in the DL towards the 3 drinks? I thought I was hearing 3 and if you wanted you could go to DL and this wasn't part of the 3. Did they swipe your card in the DL?

We were on the Explorer in early April and they had just begun with the 3 FREE drinks per night posted on our Sea Pass cards. At least on our Explorer cruise, the 3,FREE drinks per night were for Diamond members which we were at the time, and, Diamond Plus.

We were still able to have as many glasses of wine or soda we wanted from 5:30-8:30-PM, IN ADDITION, to the 3-Free drink vouchers they included on our sea pass cards per night. Some nights we used them right in the Diamond Lounge, while other nights we used them at different bar locations.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Hope this helps.

Dave

Hmm, Explorer does not have a Diamond Lounge so this info is certainly confusing.

So they counted what you drank in the DL towards the 3 drinks? I thought I was hearing 3 and if you wanted you could go to DL and this wasn't part of the 3. Did they swipe your card in the DL?

No, it is 3 drinks IN ADDITION to what you consume in the DL or CL.

I hate to tell you that on our Explorer Cruise there was a Diamond Lounge area...not a Concierge Lounge, but a Diamond Lounge. Please don't say there isn't one when you obviously weren't on our cruise to know whether there was a Diamond Lounge or not.

I hate to tell you that on our Explorer Cruise there was a Diamond Lounge area...not a Concierge Lounge, but a Diamond Lounge. Please don't say there isn't one when you obviously weren't on our cruise to know whether there was a Diamond Lounge or not.

This is more of a terminology difference. There may have been a lounge that was used nightly for the Diamond Event, but it was not a dedicated Diamond Lounge as is on other ships. The dedicated Diamond Lounge (with key card access) is coming early next year as part of the dry dock.

Can the vouchers be used at any time during the evening or only during a specific time frame?

Only during the Diamond Lounge cocktail hour, which is usually 5pm to 8:30pm when traditional early dinner is at 6pm.

Does anyone know if there are currently drink vouchers on the Jewel? I am curious about the Jewel as it does not have a specific Diamond Lounge, but they have a Diamond Event. I read somewhere that they are rolling out the vouchers fleet wide by mid September.

With the voucher on Explorer, what were you drink choices at the bars?

Thanks!

The voucher are for the same drinks as offered in the DL/CL. Basic cocktails, beer, wine and sparkling wine.... nothing frozen, exotic, etc.

Actually I am waiting for that post where someone writes that they offered some sort of extra tip and got a drink that is not on the menu. Seems many folks are notorious for asking the staff to risk getting fired and break the rules for them.

m