Bedtime chocolates GONE!

cruisestitch

Just back from a trip on Infinity & we received only one chocolate on the whole cruise, on the first formal evening. To be honest it was more a biscuit than a chocolate, in fact it was a milk chocolate cookie.

They were like chocolate covered Oreos, very yummy! We asked our steward for more, but he said only on formal nights (though none of us got one on the second formal night).

They were like chocolate covered Oreos, very yummy! We asked our steward for more, but he said only on formal nights (though none of us got one on the second formal night).

We didn't get one the 2nd formal night either. To me it's really penny pinching when such a lot of other food is wasted due to the enormous portions.

Just back from the Solstice and happy to report that we did get a chocolate covered Oreo! Just one though. And it wasn't on our pillows. I found it under the bed while storing our luggage on embarkation day. Didn't eat it and never saw the likes of it again.....<sniff>.

Is it waste or cost cutting? Because if they are cost cutting, at a time my fees are going up it is slightly annoying if there is not something added, like increasing food quality etc. Chocolate covered Oreos? It does sound horrible.

Because if it is about waste then make pillow chocolates voluntary. Apparently a lot of people do not like Belgian chocolate as much as we do. Ice buckets and afternoon snacks are voluntary why not chocolate.

It wasn't so much about eating the chocolate as it was the personal touch that added to the experience. Although I adore good chocolate.

I suppose the weekly towel animals may go next.

I suppose the weekly towel animals may go next.

Never had one in our cabin, are they house trained :rolleyes: or should we take a pooper scooper on us next cruise ;)

On a serious note we have just returned from a cruise in Aqua Class & there appears to be no corporate identity in the cabins. For instance on our last cruise we had a selection of fruit in our room this last cruise just 3 apples, which after 6 disappeared & were never replaced. There was no small umbrella in our cabin, we had a large & small one on our last ship. No iced tea was in the cabin when I enquired it's not done on this ship. We had to ask for the anonymous tote bags that one normally expect in Aqua but our cabin attendant told us that's all you get although other guests had them.

As others have said Celebrity are increasing their prices but in my opinion lowering their standards & certainly aren't consistent.

Never had one in our cabin, are they house trained :rolleyes: or should we take a pooper scooper on us next cruise ;)

On a serious note we have just returned from a cruise in Aqua Class & there appears to be no corporate identity in the cabins. For instance on our last cruise we had a selection of fruit in our room this last cruise just 3 apples, which after 6 disappeared & were never replaced. There was no small umbrella in our cabin, we had a large & small one on our last ship. No iced tea was in the cabin when I enquired it's not done on this ship. We had to ask for the anonymous tote bags that one normally expect in Aqua but our cabin attendant told us that's all you get although other guests had them.

As others have said Celebrity are increasing their prices but in my opinion lowering their standards & certainly aren't consistent.

I think that was a function of your cabin attendant. We had the worst cabin attendant ever in AQ on the Infinity. Never did get our bag of goodies. Had to fight with her about ice--finally just gave up and got our own, it was less stressful.

As for the chocolates, the kind they were serving lately were of very low quality. I can see why they had to throw a lot of them out. I love good chocolate. Low quality chocolate I can live without. So I don't think it's the end of the world.

The only stated, or what used to be stated, Aqua Class amenity we did not get was the fresh flowers, although we got some from the Captains Club. We had the slippers, lip balm, tea, umbrellas, upgraded linens & robes, breakfast menu, fruit & canapés. We got the ice bucket and tote bag when we asked. The cabin attendant said they did not get the expected shipment of tote bags but he would see what he could do. That night we had the tote bag.

Mary Lou

Hope we get all our promised goodies on Reflection but we'll bring some just in case. Some of the ports have great chocolate stores,,.

Let's hope Spartan cruiseline does not cut much more...