Bedtime chocolates GONE!

cruisestitch

I will miss the chocolates. I also miss the ice bucket, water pitcher, sewing kit, extended free room service menu, dessert tray in MDR, alternative dining with waiter service at the buffet in the evening, trays in the buffet area, open MDR every day for 3 meals, midnight buffet, etc. when does it stop? What will they get rid of next?

I will miss the chocolates. I also miss the ice bucket, water pitcher, sewing kit, extended free room service menu, dessert tray in MDR, alternative dining with waiter service at the buffet in the evening, trays in the buffet area, open MDR every day for 3 meals, midnight buffet, etc. when does it stop? What will they get rid of next?

Boy, when you put it all in one list it really adds up.

An item here and an item there, every so often, doesn't seem like a big deal but the totality is sad.

Turmoil in the mid east,chaos on our southern border,an ebola outbreak in Africa,and our country going bankrupt,yet we can still sweat the significance of a small chocolate on our pillow.

I can only shake my head and laugh.

For my January cruise, I believe I can ask for the ice bucket and probably the water pitcher so they really aren't gone. I always bring my own sewing kit, don't use room service, the dessert tray only made me order more than I needed, don't eat dinner in the buffet, like the ideas of no trays in the buffet, never went to the midnight buffet, so I guess the only thing I'll miss is lunch in the MDR on port days which I did ever now and then (but it wasn't on my last couple of cruises on any cruise line, so I guess I really didn't miss it). In the end, I guess the elimination of some things just doesn't mean much to some, while meaning a lot to others. Edited by NLH Arizona

For my January cruise, I believe I can ask for the ice bucket and probably the water pitcher so they really aren't gone. I always bring my own sewing kit, don't use room service, the dessert tray only made me order more than I needed, don't eat dinner in the buffet, like the ideas of no trays in the buffet, never went to the midnight buffet, so I guess the only thing I'll miss is lunch in the MDR on port days which I did ever now and then (but it wasn't on my last couple of cruises on any cruise line, so I guess I really didn't miss it). In the end, I guess the elimination of some things just doesn't mean much to some, while meaning a lot to others.

.....and, you can always bring your own chocolate. No biggy. Whatever they decide to do, just work around it or decide you didn't use it anyway, so what the heck.

.....and, you can always bring your own chocolate. No biggy. Whatever they decide to do, just work around it or decide you didn't use it anyway, so what the heck.
Never ate the chocolate. Exactly, none of these things would have been a big deal for me nor would they ever had enhanced my cruising experience. If they enhanced others, then I'm sorry that they don't have them any more for them. Just proves that we all have different opinions and expectations. Edited by NLH Arizona

Q-tips and cotton balls in the bathroom would be my guess. My wife didn't know they provided them so she brought her own anyway. It was our first Celebrity cruise and she was impressed they provided them

Q-tips and cotton balls in the bathroom would be my guess. My wife didn't know they provided them so she brought her own anyway. It was our first Celebrity cruise and she was impressed they provided them

Good guess. We did not have them in Aqua Class on our just completed Millennium cruise. We had 2 small boxes with several cotton balls, Q-tips, a very small nail file and a sewing kit. I don't know if they would have provided them if asked for since I had some from our land tour and used them.

No chocolates. On the 2nd night they left 2 chocolate covered Oreos on the pillow.

I commented on both in our on line survey.

Mary Lou

Good guess. We did not have them in Aqua Class on our just completed Millennium cruise. We had 2 small boxes with several cotton balls, Q-tips, a very small nail file and a sewing kit. I don't know if they would have provided them if asked for since I had some from our land tour and used them.

No chocolates. On the 2nd night they left 2 chocolate covered Oreos on the pillow.

I commented on both in our on line survey.

Mary Lou

What's with the Oreo's? Did RCL merge with Nabisco? Maybe Nabisco is giving the cruise line free samples to pass out as a marketing tool. At any rate I'm not looking to eat a cookie in bed.

Just off B2B on Eclipse. Had chocolates every night on the first cruise. On the 2nd cruise had chocolates for first 2 nights then on night 3 had the chocolate covered cookie- then poof no more chocolates. We asked the cabin steward and he said they didn't have any more.

I would question e accuracy of the original post. I know I can't speak for the entire fleet, but I can confirm that on the eclipse 2 weeks ago, we had chocolates on the pillow every night... And to quell some other rumours on these forums... We also got all the aqua class perks... Sparkling wine on arrival; fresh fruit and water replenished daily and free hors d'oeuvres delivered daily when we left out the slip on the bed telling our room attendant what time.

DH and I are chocolate snobs and didn't find the pillow chocolates all that awesome, either brand. My boss, however, did like them and I've brought them back to her since she has to pitch in more when I'm gone.

I can do without the chocolates. I'll just order a chocolate martini as my last drink before bed. :)

We're booked w/ Princess next year on an itinerary not offered by Royal Caribbean nor Celebrity.

Regarding chocolates, I thought discontinuing them on Royal was petty, and will think the same on Celebrity. When you consider the percentage the chocolates cost of our cruise fare, it's sad they discontinued them.

We ate them, and now we bring our own. Also, why don't they recycle the aluminum? Why don't they use the left over chocolate for baking? If they can't give it to the passengers, I bet the crew would like the treats.

I've seen so many on this thread saying the chocolates are what make Celebrity special... I 100% guarantee Princess and for that matter even Holland America does and always has left chocolates everynight... This is a cruise norm and nothing "special" to Celebrity

No more chocolates ?? Obviously not deal breaker, but IMO a bad direction for Celebrity to head

Srpilo

The really good chocolates were eliminated awhile ago....you can get a bag of indiv wrapped little chocs at the supermarket that tastes better...

But I do miss sorbet out at the pool...

What made RC so popular? Their parties! The entertainment ship wide, from the singing and dancing in the dining room to the general presence of an uplifting je ne sais quoi. Celebrity carried some of those traditions as RC cut back so Celebrity inherited many of RC's guests.

If Celebrity keeps cutting back where do we go?

Don't seem to have many choices except to abandon the RC system.

At $200+ per day all of a sudden $300 per day seems reachable for the

expanded service and all that Jazz.

Celebrity marketing, in my maniacal experience just does not get it.

So I just don't get it. Its a shame.....

Not sure how I feel about the chocolates. I prefer dark and usually give it to my Sweetie.

My only question is, how much are the chocolates anyway? Would I notice it if the cost of the cabin was $1o more for a 10 day cruise? How much space does chocolates for the entire ship take up? What are the logistics for shipping and storing chocolates?

There's got to be more to this than just putting chocolate on pillows.

I am very glad I read this because I will have to make a trip to the Walgreen's in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise in November to buy some chocolate for my mom's pillow! She is a MAJOR chocloholic and usually eats both of the chocolates that have been left for us on previous cruises. I will be prepared now and ask the steward to place them on her pillow each night so she isn't disappointed;)

Not sure how I feel about the chocolates. I prefer dark and usually give it to my Sweetie.

My only question is, how much are the chocolates anyway? Would I notice it if the cost of the cabin was $1o more for a 10 day cruise? How much space does chocolates for the entire ship take up? What are the logistics for shipping and storing chocolates?

There's got to be more to this than just putting chocolate on pillows.

But it's not just a cost issue on post 36 celebrity said they get 17.5 ton of wasted chocolate and 780000 Square feet of foil to dispose of every year and that public health rules mean they can't re use them. But I don't see why they can't get cabin steward to ask and then those that want them can have them and those that don't won't and then they wouldn't have as much waste (or cost) anyway?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app