Towel clips for deck chairs

bluedevil72

Where have you bought big towel clips for deck chairs? I have googled it several times and all I come up with is clips shaped like flamingos, flip-flops, etc. All I want is what I see everytime I go on a cruise.....a clip that looks like the end of a booster cable. Thanks in advance.

Where have you bought big towel clips for deck chairs? I have googled it several times and all I come up with is clips shaped like flamingos, flip-flops, etc. All I want is what I see everytime I go on a cruise.....a clip that looks like the end of a booster cable. Thanks in advance.

Some place like Home Depot or Lowe's?

Put "clamps" in the search engine on Walmart website and got this.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pony-Style-No.-3200-Spring-Clamps-3201-SEPTLS0183201/33760613

Go to a hardware store and check out clamps -

http://www.lowes.com/pd_552521-281-1901245_4294857578__?productId=50214659&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_price%7C0%26page%3D1&facetInfo=

They are available in various sizes.

DON

Everyone always ask where we got our big white plastic clips. We tell them the Dollar Tree. I think we got 6 clips to a package. They have always worked for us in the wind on the ship or islands.

Same here. They have six clamps to a package for a dollar. The clips also work great to clamp your bathing suit to a chair on the balcony so it can dry faster and yet not blow around.

Or you could go to your local office supply store, like Staples (now that was easy), and buy some of the jumbo binder clips.

Edited by Treven

If you're sitting on your chair - why do you need clips??? Your body should keep the towel down and if you're in the pool, put something on top of it so it won't blow away. If you're not sitting on it and you're not in the pool - then your towel shouldn't be taking up a chair that someone else could sit on.

Bed Bath and Beyond generally stocks the clips in each of their stores. DW has her Flamingos and I have my Dolphins. Not only are they somewhat cute, but they are very effective on a windy deck or beach.

Hank

Thank you everyone for your responses. Looks like we'll have to make a trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

And thank you cruiseryyc for your helpful hint. I'll remember that the next time I have to get up to go to the restroom or go to the bar to get a diet coke.

We won't be sitting by the pool anyway. We'll be at the back where it's a lot quieter and more empty chairs.

If you're sitting on your chair - why do you need clips??? Your body should keep the towel down and if you're in the pool, put something on top of it so it won't blow away. If you're not sitting on it and you're not in the pool - then your towel shouldn't be taking up a chair that someone else could sit on.

Agreed 100% !!!

Have seen these fancy clips on many unoccupied chairs every sea day morning.

As one who spends nearly 6 months a year lounging at beaches and on cruise ship decks we will explain. There is such a thing as wind! And especially on ships the wind can be quite strong. So if you just lay a towel over the back of a lounger or chair it will keep blowing over onto the top of your head. And if you get up from your chair to go into the pool or perhaps to the rest rooms your towel can easily blow off the chair. When the wind is not blowing we generally do not even bother with the clips.

Hank

I was incredibly envious of the US passengers with their clips on our cruise. Our towels were blowing all over the place. I couldn't find any in the uk, but went on eBay and managed to get hold of some . There were plenty of flamingos and dolphins but they were from the states and cost a bomb. The ones I got were just big plastic clips but do the job.

As one who spends nearly 6 months a year lounging at beaches and on cruise ship decks we will explain. There is such a thing as wind! And especially on ships the wind can be quite strong. So if you just lay a towel over the back of a lounger or chair it will keep blowing over onto the top of your head. And if you get up from your chair to go into the pool or perhaps to the rest rooms your towel can easily blow off the chair. When the wind is not blowing we generally do not even bother with the clips.

Hank

Thank you. Wish I'd said that!

Steve