Adding Explore 4 promotion to current booking

snyderc635

I was already booked on the Zuiderdam for a 26 day cruise from Athens to Fort Lauderdale in Oct 2015 and was able to add to my current booking for an increase of $350.00 per person.

We got it added to our existing Alaska 14 day cruise aboard the Statendam 6/15/15. Entire package, except the reduced deposit, was added at no extra charge..

Edited by lazey1

I was already booked on the Zuiderdam for a 26 day cruise from Athens to Fort Lauderdale in Oct 2015 and was able to add to my current booking for an increase of $350.00 per person.

Is it worth $700?

A while ago we booked an inside cabin on the Ryndam for next summer. But, the Explore4 promo is only for Ocean View and above.

So, I spoke to my TA and she re-booked us in an Ocean View for about $200 more than the price we had booked the inside, and we got the promo!

I am so happy! :)

Is this for every cruise and does it go through 2015? Canada New England?

The cruises for which this promotion apply are listed on HollandAmerica.com

Is it worth $700?

After reading the promotion it would be up to you to determine if it is worth it to you or not.:confused: $700. For me no, for you :confused:

Is this for every cruise and does it go through 2015? Canada New England?

I had it added to my fall 2015 Canada/New England cruise at no additional cost. The cruise actually went down $200 pp last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After reading the promotion it would be up to you to determine if it is worth it to you or not.:confused: $700. For me no, for you :confused:

For a 26 day cruise, $700 is the equivelent of about 2 drinks a day per person. So, if one purchases 3 a day, you would come out ahead.

Edited by OVgirl

Our TA had group spacing for our bermuda cruise which included a reduced rate, $50 onboard credit & free pinnacle dinner. she was able to add the Explore 4 for no additional charge and we were able to keep our extras. So now we have 2 free dinners a $50 onboard credit and the drink package. that was an exciting phone call.

We had booked a transatlantic for next April on the Ryndam, Neptune Suite, when we were on a Baltic cruise earlier this summer. The price increased several hundred dollars each a couple weeks ago, about the same time we began to hear about the return of Explore 4, so I assumed we would need to rebook at the higher price if we wanted to get the package. As much as we enjoyed the package on our last cruise, we were not going to pay the new rate. Called our TA, however, on the outside chance IMO that she could get it for us and she called back to say we had the Explore 4 including the drinks, dinner in the PG and Caneletto, $150 each in OBC, and NO price increase. We did lose the 3 bottles of wine that our FCC had added to our booking and we spent about 2 seconds deciding to let the wine go in exchange for Explore 4. :)

Although, again, we would not pay the additional several hundred dollars to get Explore 4, we certainly enjoyed having it on the last cruise. We never came close to using the 15 drinks per day, but it offered a more relaxed cruise as we didn't need to stop and think about the cost of the cocktail, glass of wine, Coke or special coffee.

Yesterday I added the Explore4 to our existing reservation on the Ryndam in March. However, I upgraded our cabin category at the same time. The customer service guy was going to allow me to add it even if I didn't upgrade because we were already in an ocean view. I've found the customer service folks very helpful on the phone, though if you used a TA they'll refer you back to her/him.

Nope. :( Heard from our TA today that it could be added, but with a re-pricing at the current fare of $150 per person. So now I'm trying to decide if the drink package is worth the additional $300. This is for 14 days on the Nieuw Amsterdam next February. Husband enjoys his cocktails and beer, but I mostly drink soda or water, with an occasional alcoholic beverage.

Time to do the math!

You have an exceptional TA.

You could be right! She took over my account earlier this year. For my Maasdam adventure she worked some magic and got us more OBC than we had prior to her review. :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Today we received an email from HAL telling us they've added the Explore 4 package to our Mediterranean Dream cruise scheduled for next September! YAY! :p We were quite surprised, though, as we had contacted our PCC earlier in the week to inquire about getting the package added and were told our rate would increase and we would lose the OBC we had in place. After doing the math, we opted to leave our booking as it was. Now I'm wondering, since HAL seems to have instigated it this time and tacked on the Explore 4 to our existing booking, is that going to impact our OBC?

We got it added to our Noordam Carribean cruise at no extra charge. Same for our Statendam AK cruise in July. We did lose a wine package, but think we made out better.

That said, we are in an SA. I understand if you are in lower than an OV, Explore4is not available.