Freedom of the Seas drydock

Sailing on her in a couple of hours and was really hoping for lots of pics. Patience is not my strong point. :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

And we will be waiting impatiently for your updates ;) Have a lovely cruise!

So, since Izumi wasn't added, and Jade is still there, does that mean free sushi?? Haven't sailed RCCL before and don't know much about Jade. :)

I would put it this way. When they put an Izumi on a ship they need full Sushi Chefs and in Jade they have Sushi preparation staff, so more like the Chef vs. Cook comparison.

Jade sushi is maybe more simple, but for my taste still a fantastic option.

Every Jade is just a bit different and I have not been on Freedom. I am not a fan of buffets and like that Jade sushi normally opens at 6:30 PM and is the first station of the WJ. They have separate sushi plates and chop sticks there. I use it as a sushi appetizer venue early, as I usually have late seating dining.

I liked on the Navigator prior to adding Izumi that they actually set a section of the WJ just for Jade guests, but I have not seen that done on any of the other ships.

I love Izumi, but kind of glad it was not added yet to Freedom class for this very reason.

Sailing on her in a couple of hours and was really hoping for lots of pics. Patience is not my strong point. :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Enjoy your cruise. I love the excitement of sailings just after a dry-dock and sorry I had to miss this one. I look forward to any updates you can provide.

Came across this picture of the Navigator from harryfat1's review. It shows how the jogging track was reconfigured and the enlarged area above the new cabins that were added to deck 12. Should be almost identical on the Freedom.

]

Thanks for posting. Yes, I thought that is where the jogging track would have to turn along with from where the deck was eliminated. That is quite a drastic change in deck space, but I fully understand their incentive for doing so.

Thanks for posting. Yes, I thought that is where the jogging track would have to turn along with from where the deck was eliminated. That is quite a drastic change in deck space, but I fully understand their incentive for doing so.

I loved that deck for doing some time lapse arrival videos. Deck 11 you get too many obstructions and it was always less crowded up on 12. We will see how that changes.

I thought that picture gave a great perspective of that area that we most likely won't see for a while for the Freedom.

I loved that deck for doing some time lapse arrival videos. Deck 11 you get too many obstructions and it was always less crowded up on 12. We will see how that changes.

I thought that picture gave a great perspective of that area that we most likely won't see for a while for the Freedom.

I always had a preference for deck 12 too. And 13 was usually very quiet and there was always plenty of room up there. I'm glad that our next cruise is on Independence where things have not changed....yet.

I always had a preference for deck 12 too. And 13 was usually very quiet and there was always plenty of room up there. I'm glad that our next cruise is on Independence where things have not changed....yet.

I meant to say 12 and 13 instead of 11 and 12.:o

There will be a couple of years that everyone can enjoy Indy before sphe gets this makeover.

Is it just me who is now desperate for more info, and more pics from this 2 night promo sailing...

I cant wait to see one of the new large ocean view staterooms on deck 12, excited to see the deck space above these new cabins. Want to see more pics from all areas of the ship too...

I was at the port Friday watching sail away. Looking at the new oceanview cabins on Deck 12 through binoculars, they were still all under construction. Saw a bunch of construction workers looking out through the windows. At least that was all the starboard side cabins..

Not happening. RCCL had already announced it wasn't getting rolled out. They are holding off on Oasis and Allure. Too many issues on Quantum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The poster was talking about Rotational dining, something different then Dynamic Dining. Apparently someone from Royal that was onboard the special 2 night Freedom sailing announced that rotational dining was going to take the place of DD on the Quantum class ships.

I would put it this way. When they put an Izumi on a ship they need full Sushi Chefs and in Jade they have Sushi preparation staff, so more like the Chef vs. Cook comparison.

Jade sushi is maybe more simple, but for my taste still a fantastic option.

Every Jade is just a bit different and I have not been on Freedom. I am not a fan of buffets and like that Jade sushi normally opens at 6:30 PM and is the first station of the WJ. They have separate sushi plates and chop sticks there. I use it as a sushi appetizer venue early, as I usually have late seating dining.

I liked on the Navigator prior to adding Izumi that they actually set a section of the WJ just for Jade guests, but I have not seen that done on any of the other ships.

I love Izumi, but kind of glad it was not added yet to Freedom class for this very reason.

Im not sure what is going on, i have confirmed reservations for Izumi may 28, 830 pm.

I was at the port Friday watching sail away. Looking at the new oceanview cabins on Deck 12 through binoculars, they were still all under construction. Saw a bunch of construction workers looking out through the windows. At least that was all the starboard side cabins..

Very interesting but I suppose not unexpected. So I wonder which, if any, are booked for the cruise today and if they are ready?

The poster was talking about Rotational dining, something different then Dynamic Dining. Apparently someone from Royal that was onboard the special 2 night Freedom sailing announced that rotational dining was going to take the place of DD on the Quantum class ships.

No I wasn't talking about rotational dining. Had never heard that being a thought on RCCL. I was talking about how the Dynamic Dining hadn't worked the way RCCL planned, hence the halt in changing Freedom, and the delayed roll out for Oasis and Allure. I will find the "press release" that RCCL posted explaining exactly what I am reiterating.

Comments made were that the technology aspect of Quantum/Anthem along with a new dining situation were an "Upper Exec's" baby, and instead of having bugs across the board they could isolate it to one or two ships until the kinks are worked out.

"Bad day on cruise ship is better than a good day at work. " - Kevin

No I wasn't talking about rotational dining. Had never heard that being a thought on RCCL. I was talking about how the Dynamic Dining hadn't worked the way RCCL planned, hence the halt in changing Freedom, and the delayed roll out for Oasis and Allure. I will find the "press release" that RCCL posted explaining exactly what I am reiterating.

Comments made were that the technology aspect of Quantum/Anthem along with a new dining situation were an "Upper Exec's" baby, and instead of having bugs across the board they could isolate it to one or two ships until the kinks are worked out.

When I said "the poster", I was referring to the post in which you originally responded to (I believe it was by John&LaLa). They were talking about an apparent announcement by someone from Royal who mentioned a NEW plan to add some sort of rotational dining to the Quantum class ships. I know about the whole dynamic dining situation, but I was speaking of the confusion between DD and the apparent rotational dining now being discussed.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

When I said "the poster", I was referring to the post in which you originally responded to (I believe it was by John&LaLa). They were talking about an apparent announcement by someone from RC who mentioned a NEW plan to add some sort of rotational dining to the Quantum class ships. I know about the whole dynamic dining situation, but I was speaking of the confusion between DD and the apparent rotational dining now being discussed.

Gotcha. Sorry.

Im not sure what is going on, i have confirmed reservations for Izumi may 28, 830 pm.

Royal tend to release a post dry-dock press release for each ship and they have not done so yet for Freedom, but I am assuming the information that has leaked about there not being an Izumi onboard is correct.

With the right attitude, I would certainly have a printed copy of that reservation with me when I board the ship if they are not proactive and cancel it prior to sailing and then go to Chops or Giovanni's on boarding day to 'confirm' my specialty bookings.

I am assuming this was a $0 reservation and I would approach this with a little humor and see how they react. I know how I would react if I was the Specialty Restaurant Manager onboard, but no guarantee of anything in the current environment.

Some may strongly disagree with me taking this so lightly, but I do find it amazing how these things keep happening.

My wife will be disappointed - she loves Izumi and I told her that they were putting it on Freedom during drydock...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Strange, They charged my credit card, sent me confirmations and still show them in my cruise planner. Weird......or maybe they are building it still??

Strange, They charged my credit card, sent me confirmations and still show them in my cruise planner. Weird......or maybe they are building it still??

What is weird about that is that they changed Izumi on most ships to be purely 'a la carte' with a $0 reservation fee and for booking a time slot. They then raised the pricing somewhat on menu items to reflect the fact that the 'cover' had been eliminated.