Freedom of the Seas drydock

What is weird about that is that they changed Izumi on most ships to be purely 'a la carte' with a $0 reservation fee and for booking a time slot. They then raised the pricing somewhat on menu items to reflect the fact that the 'cover' had been eliminated.

My guess is that someone in IT incorrectly substituted Izumi for Sabor and that they actually have a reservation at Sabor which is why they were charged. One call to oyal will clear this whole mess up..or potentially make it worse:eek:

Strange, They charged my credit card, sent me confirmations and still show them in my cruise planner. Weird......or maybe they are building it still??

If my credit card was charged and had a confirmation -- I would still not be comfortable hearing that the restaurant I was planning on, has been discussed as not coming to the ship I am sailing on.

I would send an email to rcldining@rccl.com. This email goes to the food and beverage division of Royal. Put in the subject line -- "this email concerns a matter with _________________" insert the date of your cruise and the ship name.

In the email include your Cruise Reservation # and your concern.

Let them get back to you with info and then you may be able to do a little less speculating and worrying.

We are sailing on Freedom in 3 weeks on the 2/22/2015 sailing. Currently neither Sabor or Izumi is listed under the dining section of the cruise planner. Will be interesting to see if they change this at all...

We are sailing the week before you, and Sabor is definitely there and open for booking. Definitely no Izumi because there isn't one on the ship as we know now.

We are sailing the week before you, and Sabor is definitely there and open for booking. Definitely no Izumi because there isn't one on the ship as we know now.

Definitely weird that its not an option on our pre-cruise planner. Oh well, Im just planning on having a blast on my favorite boat no matter where or what I eat! :D

We are sailing on her next week!! Dying to find out if there was free wifi!

Just to be clear RCl charges $0.65 / min for Wi-Fi, with packages available that can provide discounts. I think the comment pertained to the 2 day cruise Freedom just did right after dry dock. The speculation was that Wi-Fi may have been provided so that reporters and bloggers could post info about all the great improvements to the ship.

Is Sabor charging at $20 for dinner and $15 for lunch then as I think they do on Navigator?

It has been reported that even Sabor on Oasis has changed to a $0 reservation cover fee and then pure 'a la carte' pricing.

Definitely weird that its not an option on our pre-cruise planner. Oh well, Im just planning on having a blast on my favorite boat no matter where or what I eat! :D

we're on the March 1 sailing -- not available on my cruise planner either. I checked last night.

Is Sabor charging at $20 for dinner and $15 for lunch then as I think they do on Navigator?

It has been reported that even Sabor on Oasis has changed to a $0 reservation cover fee and then pure 'a la carte' pricing.

The Sabor on Oasis is totally different that what is on Freedom and. Navigator.

It's a much more casual style and you are right it is a la carte. Also the Sabor on oasis has a more limited menu.

No info from anyone that was on the 2 day??? I thought the purpose of this cruise was so that the changes could be communicated and discussed?? Is there another thread?

my thoughts exactly.................

disappointing

The 2 day cruise just ended this morning, people need to travel home and maybe even visit with their families a little before they come on here and update complete strangers. The one TA who was posting about rotational dining wasn't believed by some posters, so why would they even bother to come back and post anyway?

No info from anyone that was on the 2 day??? I thought the purpose of this cruise was so that the changes could be communicated and discussed?? Is there another thread?

I did think we would have more hear from the travel agents (which is who I thought were going on the cruise) while they were on the cruise, not after they got home.

Time will tell, if we learn more.

She arrives in Galveston fall of 2015 and then in January 2016 she goes in for a dry-dock. Chances are Sabor will be added at that time.

Agreed. If all goes to plan we'll be on the repo. in November so will have to do without Sabor :(

Just watched Freedom leave Port Canaveral. Was traveling 12.8 knots a few minutes ago and now has slowed down to 5.6 knots according to the Marine Traffic website. A pilot boat is along side as well. Hopefully everything is ok! :confused:

The 2 day cruise just ended this morning, people need to travel home and maybe even visit with their families a little before they come on here and update complete strangers. The one TA who was posting about rotational dining wasn't believed by some posters, so why would they even bother to come back and post anyway?

Is that person a TA?

"Bad day on cruise ship is better than a good day at work. " - Kevin

While I'm glad to see Sabor added, I'm a little disappointed with the main update being more cabins replacing public spaces.

Glad the mechanical issue has been addressed as I was on the November 30th sailing which had the significant itinerary change and the layover in Nassau.

I'm booked on Freedom for this coming end of November again.

I'm hoping there is a new broadway style production show as was once rumored, any word?

The Sabor on Oasis is totally different that what is on Freedom and. Navigator.

It's a much more casual style and you are right it is a la carte. Also the Sabor on oasis has a more limited menu.

I really enjoyed Sabor on Oasis and am glad it was 'a la carte' there so that I could sample a few items and invite friends I had met onboard the ship. The staff were excellent.

I did not realize the menu differed as I had ordered quite a few of the items shown on the sample menu on the website, but have not been on Navigator since May 2013 in the MED.