Freedom of the Seas drydock

The 2 day cruise just ended this morning, people need to travel home and maybe even visit with their families a little before they come on here and update complete strangers. The one TA who was posting about rotational dining wasn't believed by some posters, so why would they even bother to come back and post anyway?

I think the problem was not that the west coast travel agent who posted on facebook was not believed, but that the information posted was incorrect. A CC discussion of this topic went on for almost 20 hours prior to information being corrected with a video today and even a related blog had run a story on the subject as if it was factual information.

Mr. Braley the CEO and President of RCI had stated that they would implement a 'Classic Option' that would involve a possible rotation of dining venues for those passengers who wanted to choose that option, allowing them to keep the same tablemates and wait staff.

He had not stated that Anthem was being released with rotational dining instead of Dynamic Dining.

I'm not sure what everyone would like to know (haven't read through the whole thread), however, we're back from the two night cruise on Freedom. "Once Upon a Time," a comedy musical, using popular music as a twist on classic fairy tales was the broadway-style show. I can also confirm the upcoming rotational dining. Dynamic Dining is on hold for the rest of the fleet right now. For the Quantum class they are "tweaking" things as Mr. Bayley put it. They are adding a Classic option to Dynamic Dining where you have the same tablemates and wait staff but rotate through the restaurants (similar to Disney). Of course the original Dynamic Dining will still be an option as well. Essentially, Mr. Bayley said the program is technology-intensive (I read that as expensive) so it will be tweaked until it works IMHO.

Mr. Braley the CEO and President of RCI had stated that they would implement a 'Classic Option' that would involve a possible rotation of dining venues for those passengers who wanted to choose that option, allowing them to keep the same tablemates and wait staff.

He had not stated that Anthem was being released with rotational dining instead of Dynamic Dining.

Correct, the Classic option is a part of Dynamic Dining - it is to give those who enjoy traditional dining a way to do that within the Dynamic Dining program. Those programs, as he described them, are one and the same with "Classic" being an option within Dynamic Dining.

I'm not sure what everyone would like to know (haven't read through the whole thread),.
There are a lot of questions on this thread about what was done during drydock. The website says that staterooms throughout the ship have been refurbished, but one poster on the 2 night said his had not. I have also heard that only suites got refurbished, but so far no one can confirm.....

Correct, the Classic option is a part of Dynamic Dining - it is to give those who enjoy traditional dining a way to do that within the Dynamic Dining program. Those programs, as he described them, are one and the same with "Classic" being an option within Dynamic Dining.

Thank you for taking the time to come to the thread and answer some questions.

Did you make it up to deck 13 forward above the new additional cabins? Did they add any serviced area up there where 'San Tropez' sun deck was previously?

I know that might be difficult to confirm on a short 2 night sailing as I am sure there were other priorities.

There are a lot of questions on this thread about what was done during drydock. The website says that staterooms throughout the ship have been refurbished, but one poster on the 2 night said his had not. I have also heard that only suites got refurbished, but so far no one can confirm.....
I think refurbishment was for gs and above. Can someone on the 2 day preview cruise confirm?

I think refurbishment was for gs and above. Can someone on the 2 day preview cruise confirm?

Hi Sherri - that was my understanding as well, just waiting on confirmation. Interesting that the RC website doesn't say only full suites were being refreshed....

So I went trolling on Instagram under hashtag #freedomoftheseas. Here are some pics I found. Also, all wondering about the St Tropez section, look up "davidwhartman" and he has a video where it looks like he is up there.

ImageUploadedByForums1422836869.249742.jpg.3b87880dcd765164c0d4ea4ff83eadf5.jpg

"Bad day on cruise ship is better than a good day at work. " - Kevin

ImageUploadedByForums1422836779.940439.jpg.a39f72e9d21df487ca9566888400e64b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422836791.512104.jpg.b18d4aa5bf26446a999e6a5821ad90c0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422836801.992494.jpg.28b55fcd5819f377121628db0d1a8d2b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1422836813.993152.jpg.d4c5849c60c7363244a46ce6928bffbb.jpg

Were changes made to the Promenade?

Which category cabins were updated?

Is Jade still a part of the WJ?

Is the concierge lounge still located on deck 10?

Thanks in advance. Hope you enjoyed the 2-day preview! :)

Apparently there were no changes to deck 10 at all.

Are the stateroom counts correct on the current Freedom of the Seas Fact Sheet?

It shows Giovanni's, Sabor, R Bar and Star Lounge, but unsure of current cabin and passenger count?

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/fact-sheet/5/freedom-of-the-seas/

Total passenger count they are showing is 5875 for passengers and crew. The fact sheet that I received on board in December showed max passengers and crew at 5728.

Looks like it has increased by about 150 which is about the number of berths that they added.

Total passenger count they are showing is 5875 for passengers and crew. The fact sheet that I received on board in December showed max passengers and crew at 5728.

Looks like it has increased by about 150 which is about the number of berths that they added.

Now see? I told you that your guess in the 150 range would be pretty close!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm surprised we haven't heard more from those on board.

Well people do have to get home from the trip, and may need to just chill and relax. Not everyone's top priority is posting every little detail on Cruise Critic. Besides, not everyone onboard Freedom is a CC member. We'll probably hear more in the next day or so.

Well people do have to get home from the trip, and may need to just chill and relax. Not everyone's top priority is posting every little detail on Cruise Critic.

Well it should be their priority! (kidding, but not really).

There were several people who were posting all the time about being invited for the 2 day cruise and how they would either post from onboard with the free wifi or post when they got back about all the changes with pictures etc. So far none of them has bothered......if they wouldn't have offered, maybe we wouldn't have expected it.....

Well people do have to get home from the trip, and may need to just chill and relax. Not everyone's top priority is posting every little detail on Cruise Critic. Besides, not everyone onboard Freedom is a CC member. We'll probably hear more in the next day or so.

I obviously know that everyone on the Freedom isn't a CC member.

My impression was that it was a lot of agents and bloggers, so I expected a couple pictures or comments.

I obviously know that everyone on the Freedom isn't a CC member.

My impression was that it was a lot of agents and bloggers, so I expected a couple pictures or comments.

Theres actually a ton of pictures on Instagram if you search Freedomoftheseas.

The only thing about it is Instagram pictures aren't all that large.