Freedom of the Seas drydock

Sorry you are dissatisfied with the work done. I for one am excited. Two new restaurants, a new bar, a working propulsion system and a few more shipmates. Life is good

I can't be dissatisfied until I view the changes! I'm thrilled they fixed the propulsion problems and the work done outside. I'm just personally disappointed that more wasn't done inside such as sprucing up the cabins, installing new mattresses, etc. I don't use the specialty restaurants and I liked the champagne bar, so those things weren't a priority for me. Just my personal perspective on it.

Cheryl

Sorry you are dissatisfied with the work done. I for one am excited. Two new restaurants, a new bar, a working propulsion system and a few more shipmates. Life is good
Converting Pharoh's to Star Lounge, which according to a friend on the Preview Cruise is beautiful. don't have picture.

Converting Pharoh's to Star Lounge, which according to a friend on the Preview Cruise is beautiful. don't have picture.

I think I saw a picture from lenslizard and could not place it. That must be it. Kind of garish maroon and gold upholstery. Very different from Pharaohs

This has been one of the best threads I've ever watched, so thanks to all the engineers, researchers, photographers, etc. who have made it such good reading!

My daughter and I are on the March 1 cruise. It will be our first on RC. Now don't gasp -- I just upgraded to one of the new (mystery) panoramic cabins after seeing the photos of what they look like on Navigator. It will be fun to be in a brand new room -- if it's finished:D

Looking forward to the beauty and SPEED of this ship.

So, I wasn't able to get answers to all of your questions. The quickness of it all, being with my old friend and the free drinks may have impacted my focus. . .

But, this is what I do have.

Olive and Twist is still there, it is the main dancing/party venue.

Sabor and Giovanni's were added and Chops is still there- those are the pay venues.

Not all rooms were updated.

Card room is still card room, no signs of any reno to it to make it anything else.

Cupcake Cupboard is next to Ben and Jerry's.

The "sweet" is still there.

I will upload the pictures to my blog. Will I be able to post the link here?

Thank you very much Brett!

I'm on the Feb 1 sailing and just attended the Captains Corner. The Fixipod is inop. I talked to the Chief Engineer after the Capts Corne; apparently, while replacing the bearings the maintenance workers unknowingly (??) damaged some internal electrical components. The Fixipod is currently windmilling, which creates more drag and the Azipods are running at max power to get ~18 Kts. They can access the inside of the Fixipod When the ship is in port. A design fix is being developed and then has to be fabricated. He's 90% confident they can repair the pod in 30 days without a dry dock. If they can't repair it through internal access I assume they'll need to send it back to dry dock. I hope they don't need to do that. They haven't changed any of our port times, so we're making sufficient speed. The failure occurred within 24 hours of leaving Freeport.

Edited by Barklee
Additional info and typo

Freedom's solarium doesn't have a roof... but there is a pretty large hole.

I sure hope they didn't fix that hole! I am not fond of the Solarium on the Oasis class, feels too much like being indoors and no real pool (Rumor Oasis 3 may change that) There are some chairs in the Freedom class solarium that are under cover, but I can't wait to be in the Freedom Solarium pool soon!

I'm on the Feb 1 sailing and just attended the Captains Corner. The Fixipod is inop. I talked to the Chief Engineer after the Capts Corne; apparently, while replacing the bearings the maintenance workers unknowingly (??) damaged some internal electrical components. The Fixipod is currently windmilling, which creates more drag and the Azipods are running at max power to get ~18 Kts. They can access the inside of the Fixipod When the ship is in port. A design fix is being developed and then has to be fabricated. He's 90% confident they can repair the pod in 30 days without a dry dock. If they can't repair it through internal access I assume they'll need to send it back to dry dock. I hope they don't need to do that. They haven't changed any of our port times, so we're making sufficient speed. The failure occurred within 24 hours of leaving Freeport.

Interesting information, Something to keep an eye on. Maybe for the first time I'm glad my cruise is 80 days away.

Interesting information, Something to keep an eye on. Maybe for the first time I'm glad my cruise is 80 days away.

Not really what I wanted to read either at 67 days out. Im not concerned in the least about potential shortened port times and such. What I AM concerned about is them limping her along for 6 - 8 weeks and then deciding to cancel all April cruises to fix her :o Hey, it happened to the January cruisers! ;)

Ive been looking forward to my cruise for months. Im all paid in full. My onboard account is fattened up. All extra expenses such as gas, the hotel night before are covered.

Hopefully they can get her straightened out soon. Hopefully Im a little worried about nothing.

Not really what I wanted to read either at 67 days out. Im not concerned in the least about potential shortened port times and such. What I AM concerned about is them limping her along for 6 - 8 weeks and then deciding to cancel all April cruises to fix her :o Hey, it happened to the January cruisers! ;)

Ive been looking forward to my cruise for months. Im all paid in full. My onboard account is fattened up. All extra expenses such as gas, the hotel night before are covered.

Hopefully they can get her straightened out soon. Hopefully I'm a little worried about nothing.

I'm in the same boat, pun fully intended. My biggest worry is I got a great BOGOHO deal on his one and if I have to switch cruises they might only count dollars toward another same day. If I was to switch to an Oasis class booking today for the same class of cabin, I pet it would total $1000 more at least.

Edited by BillOh
typo

I'm in the same boat, pun fully intended. My biggest worry is I got a great BOGOHO deal on his one and if I have to switch cruises they might only count dollars toward another same day. If I was to switch to an Oasis class booking today for the same class of cabin, I pet it would total $1000 more at least.

Same here Bill. I got a decent BOGOHO rate and then a substantial price drop. A cruise on Allure leaving the same day is many hundreds more and there are only accessible inside cabins left :o

Hard to believe they turned her loose knowing there was a problem?

Since I'm leaving in 5 days, I'm even more worried. If they cancel the cruise on Friday/Saturday, where does that put me? Too late to get on another ship. I'm super depressed/worried now.

I would bet you will be safe. Sounds like they are gonna try and fix her without any cancellations at this time. Its if they cannot fix her that may pose a problem for those of us with cruises in the next few months.