Freedom of the Seas drydock

I saw, at least according to marinetrafficdotcom that she hit that speed leaving Freeport coming back to Canaveral. i was watching her leave Canaveral Sunday and never saw her get about 16. Unfornately the updates stopped. I will check on that again. I don't remember if she is on Eastern or Western this week.

Ahh yes, you were the one that reported that!

The last update was at Feb 02, 2015 07:04 UTC headed to Coco Cay at 17.1 knots. :)

I don't remember if she is on Eastern or Western this week.

Next week is scheduled to be Eastern, so I could assume they are going Western this week. If that assumption is correct I would think today is a sea day so she should be at cruising speed to Labadee. I'll watch for updates, is there another site than marinetrafficdotcom?

I saw, at least according to marinetrafficdotcom that she hit that speed leaving Freeport coming back to Canaveral. i was watching her leave Canaveral Sunday and never saw her get about 16. Unfornately the updates stopped. I will check on that again. I don't remember if she is on Eastern or Western this week.

She has to be doing the Western this week as I'm on her next week and we are heading EAST!

Next week is scheduled to be Eastern, so I could assume they are going Western this week. If that assumption is correct I would think today is a sea day so she should be at cruising speed to Labadee. I'll watch for updates, is there another site than marinetrafficdotcom?

I have used vesselfinderdotcom at times. Isn't FOS in Coco Cay until 5PM (today)?

Edited by GEARADRIFT

Captain was Tor Isak Olsen and CD was Dru Pavlov.

Wow, interesting! Both the Current Captain AND Current Cruise Director threads here are incorrect then. The Current Captain thread had Ron Holmes starting his rotation on 1-18-15. The Cruise Director thread lists Casey Pelter as CD.

Edited by ryano

Captain Ron Holmes and Cruise Director Casey Pelter

She is up to full speed. Someone reported her cruising speed at 21 knots a day or so ago via Marine Traffic.

Sabor is really there. Ive seen pictures and it looks great :)

I'm sorry, that's isn't correct. It was Dru Pavlov for sure. My cruise compass listed Tor Isak Olsen for Captain as well.

I don't know about the speed and yes, Savor is there and looks great.

I was on the ship, that's why she was asking me.

Thanks for the info. Casey Pelter started his contract yesterday as Cruise Director. I notified the contributors of the Current Captains thread that the Captain they have listed is incorrect.

Edited by ryano

Captain Ron Holmes and Cruise Director Casey Pelter

She is up to full speed. Someone reported her cruising speed at 21 knots a day or so ago via Marine Traffic.

Sabor is really there. Ive seen pictures and it looks great :)

Who is the Activity Manager working closely with Casey Pelter?

Yeah, it was crazy. Dazzles shut down, and they closed the doors by midnight every day. By 12:15, the Promenade had little to no energy going on, with most clubs and bars shut down for the night. We really couldn't find anything that was open late, and its not like we didn't try. The ship became a ghost town by midnight every day.

Maybe it had to do with the timing of the cruise? We went on the week of July 4th. I'm really hoping we have a different experience on the Freedom.

I can't be the time of year, because we were on Allure the same week you cruised on Oasis.....perhaps it was the Cruise Director and the choices for times that he/she made?

Did you make it up to deck 13 forward above the new additional cabins? Did they add any serviced area up there where 'San Tropez' sun deck was previously?

I know that might be difficult to confirm on a short 2 night sailing as I am sure there were other priorities.

I didn't make it up there. It was our first RCI cruise so we certainly had other priorities.

BTW, talked to my TA this morning who was also on the 2 day invite only cruise. She did say that she feels the MDR food quality was "dramatically improved," yet the Windjammer was the same old, same old as far as quality and variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Windjammer facelift

Does anyone know if the Windjammer was spruced up??? Any photos????

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I never saw it before. I did eat there 4 times during the 2 day, but didn't take any pictures. Didn't look bad, but not particularly new either. Any specific questions I might be able to recall?

I heard they were doing over the buffet areas and the presentation of the desserts was going to be like the Oasis/Allure. Take the steps out in the back of the Windjammer and covert it to some type of ramp?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't comment on the buffet areas or the presentations of desserts. However, there were steps in the back. I believe there were steps in the middle and a ramp on each side.

It doesn't sound like they did much inside the ship except add cabins and restaurants/bars. I'm disappointed.

Sorry you are dissatisfied with the work done. I for one am excited. Two new restaurants, a new bar, a working propulsion system and a few more shipmates. Life is good