Freedom of the Seas drydock

Thanks :) I tend to stress a little this time of year over weather. I start looking at the long term forecast as soon as it is available :o Tomorrow should be fine, with just some flurries expected.

Coming from Chicago, I completely understand the weather thing!

Glad you all like the photo's. One of the perks of living close to the port. I hope to see what the insides of these cabins look like. I really want to know about the look of #1864. Is it as big as #1814 and the how the layout is.

I found two pictures online of 1864 on Navigator but you cant really tell much about the cabin. looking at the deck plans, I would think its the same size and layout except for the bathroom.

Just read a thread on a port Canaveral site . There is a third RCCL ship coming to the port. Could be a mega. RCCL will announce the name in a week or two.

Also the port is in talks with a line that do not have ships there now that would be great also the port is only three hours for me.

Joe

I was at the CC a few minutes ago.

I asked 2 question:

Fixipod - ABB will be on ship tomorrow - expect 3- 4 weeks to repair.

Maintaining 20+ knots with 34 mph winds at 45 degrees to the bow. Captain expects to meets all ports on time.

Deck 12 cabins to be open March 1 or sooner.

Bob E

I asked 2 question:

Maintaining 20+ knots with 34 mph winds at 45 degrees to the bow. Captain expects to meets all ports on time.

Bob E

Thank you for the update.

We are in it in May and I'm anxious for any info about it!

I'll try to post some good photos (just need to decide where to upload some hi-res ones). I'm optimistic and excited about the room. Hoping for a "right booking now" moment when I open the door :) I'm at least hoping I don't regret passing up a balcony for it.

I'll try to post some good photos (just need to decide where to upload some hi-res ones). I'm optimistic and excited about the room. Hoping for a "right booking now" moment when I open the door :) I'm at least hoping I don't regret passing up a balcony for it.

There is a whole sub thread on cabin 1864 with lots of pics. It is NOS.You can find it at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2065902. Also, if you click on post #9 there you will see pics and dimensions of the deck 12 cabins on NOS which are laid out very much like the FOS deck plan. #1864 has double the windows of the other cabins with the exception of the two FPOV (family panoramic ov). According to the pics and because it is a triangular shape, the space is divided by a wall with tv on each side. Separate bed and sitting area sides.

Sorry you beat me to it!! But I'm sure we'll enjoy 1852. LiseD is around the corner in 1812.

It will be nice to be in brand new rooms. Let's hope that date of March 1 holds. Sandy

There is a whole sub thread on cabin 1864 with lots of pics. It is NOS.You can find it at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2065902. Also, if you click on post #9 there you will see pics and dimensions of the deck 12 cabins on NOS which are laid out very much like the FOS deck plan. #1864 has double the windows of the other cabins with the exception of the two FPOV (family panoramic ov). According to the pics and because it is a triangular shape, the space is divided by a wall with tv on each side. Separate bed and sitting area sides.

Sorry you beat me to it!! But I'm sure we'll enjoy 1852. LiseD is around the corner in 1812.

It will be nice to be in brand new rooms. Let's hope that date of March 1 holds. Sandy

Yeah, seeing that was one of the things that caused me to switch to this cabin. Grabbed it within 24hrs (after research) of it showing on the site. The RCI employee on the phone didn't even have updated diagrams showing these cabins, even though she could get me in the one I named.

I asked 2 question:

Bob E

Bob -- thanks for posting. That's encouraging that ABB will be on the ship tomorrow to check out the fixapod. Looks like they may be doing work on our cruise.

I'm impressed that they are maintaining 20+ knots especially with wind (I have seen it higher in the winter). And also that the Captain expects to make all ports on time. I wonder if he will leave St. Maarten an hour or so early but he may not need to as I remember them going slower than 20 knots during the 2 sea days back to Port C.

Thanks Bill :) Yes, it has been a frigid winter here for sure! Burlington is about an hour away from me and they may have slightly worse weather as they are more affected by Niagara than we are :rolleyes: Our real snow started about 2 weeks ago - nothing really to speak of in Dec and Jan. At this point I am very ready for sunshine and heat! Our forecast temp for sailaway is only 53 :eek: Looks like I will be bundled up for muster drill!

I will probably post Live, just can't guarantee how often...but if I do, I will post at least once a days with lots of updates and answer as many questions as I can. All of this dependant on a good wifi connection which I hope we will have in our cabin.

Thanks for your good wishes - very excited to head out to Orlando tomorrow!!!!

Robyn -- safe travels tomorrow. Sorry it will be cool (and windy in Port C for sail-away -- our weather this weekend in SC is cold and windy too (46 degrees on Sunday). I think this weather pattern is part of the system that is bringing snow up north.

For whoever gets the opportunity to ask at a Captain's corner next, does the captain expect to alter existing Western Caribbean itineraries in any ways? Replace Labadee with Cococay?

I would think that the good people of Haiti would object to that. :eek:

Thanks Bill :)...............

I will probably post Live, just can't guarantee how often...but if I do, I will post at least once a days with lots of updates and answer as many questions as I can.

Since you were on Freedom before, my main interest will be general impressions and port arrival times. Enjoy, we are headed for a week of single digit (F) lows here next week.