Freedom of the Seas drydock

Robyn -- safe travels tomorrow. Sorry it will be cool (and windy in Port C for sail-away -- our weather this weekend in SC is cold and windy too (46 degrees on Sunday). I think this weather pattern is part of the system that is bringing snow up north.

Thank you very much.:(

They did get rid of the boxing ring. When I was just there they put tables and chairs there.

Thank you, that is I believe the first I have heard that. I was on Freedom's 100th cruise back in 2008, looking forward to seeing the changes that happened even before this drydock. I've not been a pool yet with a big screen, though I expect to spend most of my time in Freedom's solarium, my favorite solarium.

I'm still curious about something definitive on St Tropez deck. Saw a post about no shade. Seems odd they would remove that small covered area that was there. Maybe it just looks non existent in comparison to all the added deck space

There is that small area in the middle that has very little shade. That's about it though. I don't think anything has changed up there.

I was just looking at the new cabins on Freedom on Deck 12.

It's an F category - outside - some rumours are that they are floor to ceiling windows - not just the little window as usual.

Also - I was looking at 1852 which seems to be much bigger than the other F class ones, yet I was able to book for same price, as say 1816.

Wouldn't it be more expensive because it is bigger? Would this be a good cabin?

I looked but didn't find too much info, even on google as to what the rooms look like.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

I was just looking at the new cabins on Freedom on Deck 12.

It's an F category - outside - some rumours are that they are floor to ceiling windows - not just the little window as usual.

Also - I was looking at 1852 which seems to be much bigger than the other F class ones, yet I was able to book for same price, as say 1816.

Wouldn't it be more expensive because it is bigger? Would this be a good cabin?

I looked but didn't find too much info, even on google as to what the rooms look like.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

On page 90 of this thread there are some exterior photos that may help give you an idea. It appears that these cabins are more expensive on Explorer. I am making a guess that the ones on Freedom will see a price increase after they are finished and classified. They look awesome. I am highly considering one.

I am glad that people that want to jog will be more likely to use the fitness room. I use to hate it when they would almost bowl you over around noon. I saw no problem in the early morning with the jogging. Some actually ran pretty fast. So glad to see the deck 12 roadblock. H

I am glad that people that want to jog will be more likely to use the fitness room. I use to hate it when they would almost bowl you over around noon. I saw no problem in the early morning with the jogging. Some actually ran pretty fast. So glad to see the deck 12 roadblock. H

This photo is from Navigator but basically the same.

It's not a roadblock but just a shortened track that still does a loop. I don't think that this will deter any joggers.

image.jpg1_zpsa8enfulg.jpg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Actually for distance runners, the shortened track will require them to pass any fixed point on the loop more times than before to cover the same distance. I don't believe the loop has been lengthened to the aft part of the ships(s) so I see the conflicts between runners and sunners as increasing. :(

People that want to jog on the track will most likely still jog on the track or they would have moved into the fitness center long ago.

Sorry to rain on your short lived excitement.

We arrived in Orlando last night for our pre-cruise stay. It is a sunny day - a far cry from the -20 temps we left behind in Toronto. Feels good not to have travel weather considerations anymore, we are only 45 minutes from the port :) I may do a Live report, stay tuned.....