BOGO Sale Price Adjustment?

So I booked on Allure for 2016 right after the last BOGO sale ended -- not expecting another one to come up again so soon. It dropped prices so much that we're paying the same for a GS that someone is paying for a crown loft suite during the sale.

I THINK that the rule is that they can't drop the price for us, but if we upgrade and pay some kind of difference, we can at least get more for our money. Am I making that rule up because its wishful thinking? Does that even work for this sale's TOS?

I've not read any reports of how Royal is handling existing bookings with the latest BOGOHO sale. I would contact whoever booked your cruise and see if you can get the price drop on your current stateroom. Please let us know what they say.

Like Bob said ask whomever you booked with. You are well outside final payment so I don't know why you could not cancel the first one (unless whomever you booked with has a cancellation charge) and re-book at the current rate.

Like Bob said ask whomever you booked with. You are well outside final payment so I don't know why you could not cancel the first one (unless whomever you booked with has a cancellation charge) and re-book at the current rate.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of...the simplest option there is. We booked through RCCL so I can just cancel and rebook.

Right now there's nothing but aft facing lofts, and FI will murder me if we lose a sea view -- so now I'm holding out and hoping that someone in a Loft Suite that has a sea view decides they want an upgrade too. :)

I'm not sure why I didn't think of...the simplest option there is. We booked through RCCL so I can just cancel and rebook.

Right now there's nothing but aft facing lofts, and FI will murder me if we lose a sea view -- so now I'm holding out and hoping that someone in a Loft Suite that has a sea view decides they want an upgrade too. :)

I would still try to get the lower price for the GS.

We have two connecting ocean view rooms booked for January 2015 on Oasis of the Seas. We have not made final payment yet and do have travel insurance.

We have contacted our TA and waiting to hear back from her to see if we could apply the kids sail free offer to our booking without having to cancel or change rooms.

I've not read any reports of how Royal is handling existing bookings with the latest BOGOHO sale. I would contact whoever booked your cruise and see if you can get the price drop on your current stateroom. Please let us know what they say.

Checked out the TA Brilliance Cruise we have booked for next year. No price reduction the price actually went up over 1200. Even with the new boho.

Will look into Choice Air though and see if we can get a better deal on the flight next month though.

Checked out the TA Brilliance Cruise we have booked for next year. No price reduction the price actually went up over 1200. Even with the new boho.

Will look into Choice Air though and see if we can get a better deal on the flight next month though.

So far, no one has reported any price drops with existing bookings. None of ours has dropped below what we paid.

So far, no one has reported any price drops with existing bookings. None of ours has dropped below what we paid.

Just a few days ago friends booked the BR TA for May next year ...price dropped around $600 today with the BOGOHO offer, they are waiting now to hear back from travel agent to see if they will get the new price or not.

Just a few days ago friends booked the BR TA for May next year ...price dropped around $600 today with the BOGOHO offer, they are waiting now to hear back from travel agent to see if they will get the new price or not.

I'm thinking that if they booked a few days ago, they probably booked at the inflated post-BOGOHO1 prices. Good that they can get a price drop though.

I'm thinking that if they booked a few days ago, they probably booked at the inflated post-BOGOHO1 prices. Good that they can get a price drop though.

And, don't forget about the BOGOHO plus OBC sale. We booked one of those and the new price is up with the new sale, without the 200 OBC we got. Turned out better than booking on board because of inside cabin.

I was watching the price on independence for oct. 25, 2015. before the recent bogo 50%. total price for inside promenade was 1415.10. With the bogo 50% off second person. price is 1414.10. a one dollar decrease. is it me , am i missing something here. :confused:

We have a number of cruises booked. I checked 10 of them this morning after I was alerted there was a price drop. None of them went down, every one of the went up. The price drop tool that I use cannot handle BOGO price changes. I have not tried using the Cruise Critic one. Does anyone know if it can determine price drops with the BOGO?

We have a number of cruises booked. I checked 10 of them this morning after I was alerted there was a price drop. None of them went down, every one of the went up. The price drop tool that I use cannot handle BOGO price changes. I have not tried using the Cruise Critic one. Does anyone know if it can determine price drops with the BOGO?

As far as I can tell, price drop sites use some algorithm to mimic a non-member booking. So whatever price someone would get without a login, that's the price that's used for calculations.

On the topic of new promos - I saw that RCCL posted a Friends and Family promotion, which also went up today - which is really the Kids Sail Free promo that they ran at the beginning of the year. I looked at pricing for our existing booking on Liberty for next summer for my family of 5, and it looked like I might be able to upgrade to the Royal Family Suite (from connecting D1/D2 balconies) for just a little bit more than what I paid on BOGOHO1 sale for the balconies - If they would let me do the upgrade on an existing reservation.

I called RCCL and it did take some time and a few different reps to get it all squared away, but I just got off the phone with them and they were able to upgrade my family of 5 from 2 connecting balconies to 1 Royal Family Suite on the existing reservation. The price difference was what I expected and we are now booked into the Royal Family Suite for our family cruise next year! YAY!

So, at least for this promotion, they will upgrade an existing reservation.

I agree. I checked three upcoming cruises, and although some prices have dropped a bit compared to June and July, they still are not close to being as low as they were during the first week of May.

I was watching the price on independence for oct. 25, 2015. before the recent bogo 50%. total price for inside promenade was 1415.10. With the bogo 50% off second person. price is 1414.10. a one dollar decrease. is it me , am i missing something here. :confused:

This is exactly what happened to me with the last so called BOGO "sale". the price was increased to cover the 1/2 off and there was only like a $49 difference (not close to half off the pre BOGO pricing)

I was upset about this in June when I realized that RCCL was increasing the cost of some cruises to cover the SALE price...but now I realize this is just the way RCCL advertises their cruises...if they had never sent me a flyer with the BOGO sale in June I would not have checked the pricing in June and would never had known that this was happening....BUT I will have hope that someday on some cruise we want to take we will actually get a real Sale price!

This is exactly what happened to me with the last so called BOGO "sale". the price was increased to cover the 1/2 off and there was only like a $49 difference (not close to half off the pre BOGO pricing)

I was upset about this in June when I realized that RCCL was increasing the cost of some cruises to cover the SALE price...but now I realize this is just the way RCCL advertises their cruises...if they had never sent me a flyer with the BOGO sale in June I would not have checked the pricing in June and would never had known that this was happening....BUT I will have hope that someday on some cruise we want to take we will actually get a real Sale price!

you are right when you look at the price per person . on mine it show 600.00 and change. but, when you view the charges it shows 800.00 per person . then they discount 400.00 and you get the same price. kinda of cheesy to me...

We called C&A around 9 this morning, and they adjusted the price on two of our existing bookings on FOS (D2 cabins - March 15, and March 16) without batting an eye. Saved a bit less than $1200 between the two cruises.

Edited by orville99

We called C&A around 9 this morning, and they adjusted the price on two of our existing bookings on FOS (D2 cabins - March 15, and March 16) without batting an eye. Saved a bit less than $1200 between the two cruises.

Thanks for the report. It's early, but so far it seems they are able to adjust existing bookings, but it seems like fewer people are able to take advantage of lower prices than with BOGOHO1.